The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Where's Waldo

Alex · 8 · 849

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I know this is my first day and everything, and I don't mean to be picky or anything like that, please don't hate me.  :o

But I noticed that we're missing somethin' here (or I can't find it atleast).

(Heh..do you get it.."where's waldo"..heheh)

I myself personally like a good chatroom to talk to the online members in. I mean I don't know if ya'll have an offsite one like an IRC or somethin'..this is just something I noticed..not to be intrusive on my first day, sorry if it comes off like that.  ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought you were talking about the series of books by Martin Hartford
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Most folks use some sort of irc, though there's not been a forum chat since last year I think.  There isn't a chat program on here.  I don't think the site code can support that, though I'm no programmer so I may be wrong.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well I've seen a chatroom on an Invision Power Board, and it looked to me to be built into the forum, not user-made. Could've just been unique to that forum though.

I was just wonderin', I like chatrooms..never been to a LBT chatroom though..

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you want one you'd have to talk to Petrie, he's the owner.  

As for Where's Waldo, maybe he is hanging out with Carmen Sandiego, or is hiding from her, or she from him.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Don't feel like your overstepping your limits.  As long as your not breaking any of the rules your fine.  I don't know if this board can support anything like that, Petrie would know though.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I believe we can support IRC chats or something of that nature; I've seen them on other boards too.  However, I'm not interested in putting one on this place.  First of all, they're unmoderated, and second you can walk in as anyone (as me for example) and there's no security.  

I've had this suggested more than anything else and I've said no each time.  Most everyone here uses MSN and that's more secure (you know who you're talking with) and it just works for everyone, so why not use that if you want to chat with LBT fans?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yea I guess MSN works better than a chatbox too, since you can leave it on even if you don't have a browser opened. Since you have msn, I guess you could add others of the forum. Just look in their profile :)

I'll add you right now actually. Talk to you sooner or later!