The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I'm Getting Back Into Gaming

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, I've realized that I have a lot more free time on my hands now that I'm out of school than I thought I would.  I finally got a projector set up in my room so I decided to buy a few new PS2 games so I went to Game Stop.  While I was there I got a few games like the Star Wars Episode III game that was originally like $65 for $7 and a few other games.  Then I decided to buy a GameCube.  It was only $29 with all the cords and a controller so I thought "What the heck?."  

For those of you who don't know, I used to be a real hardcore gamer until my computer work (and school) pretty much took over my life.  Because of this, I used to get game systems all the time for gifts from relatives and such.  I had a PS2 and a GameCube as soon as they came out, but I decided to return them and buy computer parts and such.  I got out of gaming right after the N64 came out and I haven't considered myself a gamer since.  I bought a PS2 a few years ago off eBay for $65 (the guy was real pissed I got it for such a good deal too).  Now I've got a GameCube.  

Yeah I know it's not much, but I'm definitely staying behind in the gaming craze.  The way I see it, there's no reason to pay for the newest systems when you can just wait a few years and get 'em for $29 and the games for $5 a pop.  So I'm always going to be behind a system or two.  And I have absolutely no market for portable gaming.  That's really dumb.  I'll just use an emulator on my laptop.  You can't even see those tiny screens.

I bought a few games for the GameCube including Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, MarioKart, Super Smash Bros, and Rogue Leader.  Altogether I spent less than $130 and I got 8 games (4 for GameCube and 4 for PS2) and a GameCube console.  It still seems like way too much to me, but I suppose it's better than being gouged $750 if I had bought all the stuff new.  So anyways, I might be spending as much as two hours a week playing video games again.  But I have to be careful.  I can't become addicted. :p Back in the good old days I would spend 10+ hours per day playing games.  That's obviously not going to work nowadays.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That MarioKart game for GameCube was freakin' amazing.