The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Fight To Try Again?

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes, I maybe just 14.. but I am so tired of building romantic relationships, and having them fall all the time. Sometimes, I don't feel like I want to try anymore, because I can't see myself with anyone else.
8 years with TGOF :yum

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I could go on about 'you're still so young' bla bla, but I know that when you're 14 love is just as real as it is when you're 30. I had been in quite some failed relationships at 14, most not very serious. I was with an asshole at the time which I was glad to get rid off, and since I was 15 I've only been with 3 guys. Love is complicated, but trust me when I say there'll always be someone else for you. Find someone who does not make such a drama out of everything, and try not to do the same yourself, either. Take it easy, give yourself a break, perhaps just eat ice cream for a few weeks and cry at romantic movies, but definitely don't give up. Someone better will come along eventually :)

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thank you, that truly helps <3.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm 31 one now and haven't ever been in any romantic relationship whatsoever. Not even held the hand of anyone. It is not because I was deliberately avoiding relationships, but I'm afraid I either don't appeal much to the fairer gender or am too cautious about letting my guards down. Probably a combination of both :(

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I am really sorry Malte, be yourself! :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Love is a complicated matter I'm afraid. I'm in a similar situation to Malte (although a bit younger  :p ): Haven't had any girlfriend (but crushes... though they never liked me and that was when I was still younger... your age in fact) and I've never been given a second glance by any girl yet (in a romantic way, that is). I guess there must be something about me that isn't really appealing to girls but... my self-consciousness doesn't help either I suppose  :p

Anyway, this is about you, not me... There are a lot of assholes out there, unfortunately, and it'll be hard to find "the right one". Just be patient. You can't force yourself to have a boyfriend. It just doesn't work like that. You'll find "the one" sooner or later, don't worry :exactly
Inactive, probably forever.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Like others said, love is complicated...but so worth being patient for.  We usually meet "the one" on accident.  My guy was the first person I met when I moved out West...I've dated other guys before and had plenty of crushes...nothing like what true love feels like though😊.  Things have been complicated...we got back in touch after a couple of years and we both travel extensively as part of our careers.  He runs a company and I'm something like a contract worker...we're both 29 and feeling the itch to stop moving around so much and settle down somewhere in the Southwest preferably.  It's not easy because neither of us know where to start...we were both born and raised in military families, and moving around for a living is all we've ever known.  He wants to sell his company soon to a relative to keep the business in the family...he says by the end of this year so I'm on the fence waiting for him to say he's ready...I can work anywhere doing year-round work making more money than I'm doing as a seasonal worker.

It doesn't get easy, but if you care enough about each other, you two can get through anything and build a happy life together.  Don't rush things...it'll work out in due time😉.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I'm 25, going on 26 in a few months and I've never had a relationship. Maybe I'm just afraid of heartbreak. Love hurts; especially when a relationship fails. I may never be ready to settle down; back in Kindergarten, I used to think what my adult years would be like being married and having kids; but, as time went on, I changed my mind. We all as human beings have rights to change our minds about stuff as we get older.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Twenty-four and I've had one relationship and dated three girls (two of them only once and the other was the only real girlfriend I've had). Still hoping I find the right girl someday as I'd like to settle down someday and start a family of my own.

Anyway, you've still got a lot of time. I'd suggest just enjoying the time you've got as a kid. Don't try to rush it. If you meet the guy (or girl) you think is right, then try to get with him/her. It could take awhile but when you meet the right person, that waiting will be worth it in the end.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thank you everyone! Your replies have helped me feel better <3.