The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Lion Guard: Kiara's New Voice

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
In The Lion King II: Simba's Pride, Neve Campbell voiced Kiara. In The Lion Guard, the confirmed voice actress for Kiara is Eden Riegel. Does anyone know of her? Can anyone find a good video with her talking? Do you think she sounds like Kiara?

P.S. We don't know if in The Lion Guard, Kiara will be a cub or young adult. She should be a young adult, leaving off from where we were in TLK 2.
8 years with TGOF :yum

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
She's Yuna in the 2009 to 2013 series, Stitch!

Here's the first episode.  You judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR2CHKVnfBw

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well its going to be set in some anomalous time, because kion is going to be a cub and kiara is going to be a cub as well. i think it will be easier to consider this an AU, than anything in canon.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, I listened to the YouTube video.. Personally she doesn't sound like cub Kiara much...

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well The Lion King 2 did come out in 1998 and if Kiara is meant to be a cub in this 'Lion Guard' then her original cub voice actor Michelle Horn, is much older now. She is 28, even if they did get her back she'll still sound different.

I don't care that much anyway, it's a low-budget spin-off series aimed at young children. I don't plan to ever watch it, so who voices who does not bother me.

From the preview clips I seen it doesn't even seem to have anything to do with The Lion King storyline, seems to me they just used The Lion King title and characters to bring it more money, take away The Lion King characters and title and nothing will be different.

Plus the 'Hyenas' look like the cross between a warthog and a mutated dog, but hey least they can animate. I can't.

Then again, don't know what I was expecting from a Disney Junior show.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nahla,Oct 5 2015 on  12:46 AM
Well The Lion King 2 did come out in 1998 and if Kiara is meant to be a cub in this 'Lion Guard' then her original cub voice actor Michelle Horn, is much older now. She is 28, even if they did get her back she'll still sound different.

I don't care that much anyway, it's a low-budget spin-off series aimed at young children. I don't plan to ever watch it, so who voices who does not bother me.

From the preview clips I seen it doesn't even seem to have anything to do with The Lion King storyline, seems to me they just used The Lion King title and characters to bring it more money, take away The Lion King characters and title and nothing will be different.

Plus the 'Hyenas' look like the cross between a warthog and a mutated dog, but hey least they can animate. I can't.

Then again, don't know what I was expecting from a Disney Junior show.
I can definitely agree with all of this  :lol