The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The GoF Apocalypse!

vonboy · 73 · 8751

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's the RP thread: http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...topic=11010&hl=

This is just a little idea I thought of while kind of RPing with Pterano a couple months back.

Story

The story we have so far is that Charles Grosvenor has brought various LBT villains to life in an effort to take down the GoF, destroying the last LBT thing that's still alive. I had an idea earlier about a virus ravaging us, but I'm not sure about that one anymore. We're still trying to figure out the story some more before we start, so I'd love to hear any suggestions you have. :)

People in this RP will play as GoF members, only you won't be playing as yourself. You'll be RPing as some other GoF members! You could also play as LBT characters, or even LBT OC's. The only rule is you can't play as your own OC. You have to play someone else's. If you're playing as other GoF members, please don't abuse this to make them look bad or taint them. You can parody them, but just do it in good taste.

Er, would anyone be interested in this?

Current roster
vonboy playing Brekclub, Malte, Jrd89 and Charles Grosvenor
Belmont2500 playing Jedi472, Nick22, Devon, Trulyfantasticme(?), Littlefoot and Sharptooth
Cancerian Tiger playing Rytho, Cera and Ducky(?)
LBTFan13 playing Chomper and Ozzy
Trulyfantasticme playing panickypetrie14(?), Sierra, Pterano and Petrie
Serris playing Strut, Lettuse Bacon and Tomatoe, and Cancerian Tiger(?)
Redtooth101 playing Redclaw, Screech, and thud
Nick22 playing, but he hasn't picked anyone yet

These members don't want others to RP as them
Pangaea
MrDrake
Chronicler

I can't really check for it, but I'd recommend asking whoever you wanna play as they're fine with it. Maybe you could scrape by without asking, but if someone tells me they don't wanna be parodied like this, I'm gonna have to take they're character out of the RP (By killing them off in the most grotesque and painful way possible :p)
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We're all gonna die!!!

I don't actually join RPs, but the title was intriguing... I had to post here ;)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I originally wasn't going to join this RP. But the plot was way too intriguing to pass up.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about joining this too. This sounds fun! And I think I know who's characters I'd play. XD I'd have to ask him first. :DD
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, kinda worndering if we'd better ask whoever we're going to play as if we can RP as them. I know it'd be good to ask for their OC's, but I mean them themselves. What do ya'll think?
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Yeah, I was thinkin about getting Pterano to join the rp, and if he's up to it, we could switch characters. I could play some of his characters and he could play some of mine.  :lol But if he's not up to it, it's fine.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, last i talked to him, he was wanting to take a break from the GoF. I'm not sure if he'd be interested. He's even letting his RP fall at the wayside again. :/

I think we'll just say you can RP as any GoF member you want, unless they object. I'm thinking about choosing a couple out of Malte, Pangaea, Brekclub, and Jared. Haven't decided yet.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Feb 20 2012 on  05:14 PM
Well, last i talked to him, he was wanting to take a break from the GoF. I'm not sure if he'd be interested. He's even letting his RP fall at the wayside again. :/

I think we'll just say you can RP as any GoF member you want, unless they object. I'm thinking about choosing a couple out of Malte, Pangaea, Brekclub, and Jared. Haven't decided yet.
I'm extremely reluctant to even try that, mostly because I don't want to accidently butcher someone's personality.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, that's why you pick someone you know pretty well, silly :p I just thought that would be funny, trying to roleplay as one of your friends. It'll be kinda like that (Things GoF members would never say) topic, except it's a full-blown rp. Anyone still interested in that?

Yeah, and someone can play as me if they want, and also my Past-O-Rama oc, the Professor. :)
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I guess I'll play Jedi472(since I've known him longer than any other member on here), Nick22 and maybe Trulyfantasticme.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This looks interesting :yes.  So far, Cera is on my list, and maybe Ducky if no one else wishes to play her :smile.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
If I am able, I would like to play as Chomper for this one :)

This actually sounds like it could be really cool. Can't wait to start it!

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Hmm I dunno who I wanna be. I'm thinkin about doing panickypetrie14, if that's cool with him.  :)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Ooh, I guess I will try to play as LB&T or Cancerian Tiger.

Oh and if someone wants to play as me, that's fine!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
this sounds like fun! Not sure who I'll play as though/..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, updated the roster with everyone who's posted. I have (?) by people who don't sound so sure yet. Please figure out what you want, and give me a definite answer. :) I'm fine with people playing mutliple characters. It doesn't really bother me, as long as you're able to keep up with that many characters.

About the story, I'm still thinking about it. Belmont suggested to me that it be some kind of huge government conspiracy to take us out or something (:lol). I'm thinking we could have some people RP as LBT villains to add to the story. Anyone got any ideas? We're probably not gonna get this started for a few days at least, no until we get some of these kinks worked out.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm definitely in :yes.

Serris has my permission to play my character if he so wishes.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
If we are adding villains in, then I would definitely like to be either Sierra or Ozzy. I don't have to be both if somebody wants to take one of them.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind taking Sierra.  :) And if somebody else wanted to take him, that's fine with me.

As for Pterano, HE'S MINE!!!!!!!!! MINE I TELL YOU!!!! :anger  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Which Pterano are you talking about, Hannah? :p
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)