The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
This thread has been a long time coming. If you haven't been living underneath a Sharptooth's arse, I guarantee you that you've seen this show brought up at least once.

This show is an absolute SENSATION, on the level I haven't seen since Friendship is Magic first got big over a decade ago (GODDAMN I'M OLD :wow ). And not gonna lie...for good reason, this show is great! :celebrate

In case you don't know, Bluey is a preschool show about a family of technicolor Australian dogs. Along with the titular character, we have her younger sister Bingo, her mom Chili ("Whackadoo!"), and her dad Bandit, whom many would argue is the true star of the show but we don't have time to talk about that lol. :p

Episodes generally focus on the two imaginative daughters playing fun games together, often with their parents joining in. Sounds simple, and it is, but these games often lead to them or even their parents learning a life-lesson in some form, all with some great animation and AMAZING music. Seriously, one episode managed to make me cheer for a girl PUTTNG HER BACKPACK ON, partially thanks to playing Ode to Joy throughout. :Mo

Some episodes really go the extra mile, in fact. "Sleepytime" is a particularly famous episode, with some of the best animation and music in the show, and an incredibly powerful emotional climax that had me blubbering like a baby by the end. In fact, this show is renowned for its ability to elict tears out of even adult viewers. It's just downright impressive.

In general I've seen this show described as a show for both kids AND their parents, with lots of important lessons to share, hilarious adult jokes, and genuinely being able to move people of all ages. And after watching "Sleepytime", yeah I see why. In fact, on IMDB, Bluey was ranked higher than BREAKING BAD for a while. Yeah. Bluey is that good.

If you're curious, it should be available on Disney+...though not every episode is available oops. :areyouserious There's also plenty of content on YouTube about it, if you wanna learn more for yourself. There's NO WAY I can fully go into detail. But, this is a show I'd definitely recommend. Check it out! :)petrie

(also GOD is that theme tune catchy...)
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Bluey is such a cozy, sweet show. It's very similar to Little Bear in terms of how calm and gentle the atmosphere is and I've laughed and gotten emotional more than once.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I should really give it a go, my YouTube recomends are flooeded with videos on this show, but I never actually click on them because it looks more like Caillou or Franklin than the sort of Cartoon Network-era animated shows I've gotten into in the past. But considering the number of times I've been wrong about first impressions in this genre, I should really know better by now :P

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
You can get free episodes here: https://www.wcostream.org/anime/bluey

I think there might a limit to how many you can watch for free, but it's there if you want to start. Magic Xylophone is the first episode, but I recommend a fan favorites like Sleepytime, Baby Race, Flatpack and Camping.