The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New fanfic: LBT Match Game

karkovice

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I don't know if anyone here is old enough to remember a game show from the 70s called "Match Game" that was hosted by Gene Rayburn and featured Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Reilly and Richard Dawson as some of the more popular stars on the celebrity panel.

If not, I suggest you go see them on Youtube to get an idea of what they were like.

I used to watch that show a lot when I was a kid; though, back then, I was too young to really understand the adult humour that went on during that show. To sum it in one word, it was 'bananas'.  :p

As I'm getting more and more into the LBT universe, I've been getting more and more fanfic ideas. This is one I quickly wrote up. It may be quite silly, but I suggest you look up some of the 'Match Game' clips on Youtube to get a better feel for what's going on in my 'fic.

Here it is, for your reading pleasure!  :smile

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5248443/1/LBT_Match_Game

Enjoy!

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I read some of it...but something so bizzare (even though it was well written) would need to have heavy backstory first before it would get any major views.  I know Total Drama Valley did a good job of this by incorperating a time machine into the mix along with some other perks.  If this is something you are really interested in take your time and rework it into something we all will like  :DD .

karkovice

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I know what you mean, Caustizer. You'd have to have seen the game show when you were a kid to really know what was going on. Based on the lack of replies in this post, I was guessing that it was pretty much over the heads of everybody on here.

I suppose if I'd've done something more recognizable, like The Price Is Right, maybe I would've gotten more responses.

I agree with you that it lacks detail, but that was not my intention here. I may just delete it off of the site. It doesn't seem to appeal to anybody here anyways.