The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Server Downtime

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well it's about time I modified the script a little bit and updated my server.  In addition to a major overhaul of the script, I'm also changing my server computer to one that's a little more......advanced.  My current server has the following specs:

*3.0ghz Hyperthreaded P4 Processor
*2gb DDR 400mhz ram
*120gb Internal Hard Drive, 320gb External Hard Drive
*Windows XP Pro Lite SP3

My new server will have the following specs:

*AMD Athlon64 3800+ Processor
*3gb DDR 400mhz ram
*250gb Internal SATA Hard Drive, 320gb External Hard Drive
*Windows XP Pro Lite SP3

Yeah, the new server isn't a HUGE upgrade...but it's certainly better.  Besides, the internal hard drive in my current server is making unholy noises when I'm asleep at night and sounds like it's gonna go within the next 6 months or so, so I might as well change it now before it breaks. :p

The change will occur within the next 4 hours or so once I get the code finalized (I'm almost finished) and the ram installed (it only has 1gb right now).  And I also have to transfer the server data to my new server of course.  Well anyways, tons of work ahead of me so I should go.  I'll let y'all know when it's finished and you can check it all out. :D

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It's not 100% done now, but all links work and the server is fancy enough right now.  I still have more content to add and I have to move it back to its previous position, but other than that it's done.  I gotta go to bed now.  It's half past midnight.  *Yawn*  I'll finish it tomorrow.