The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The SNES Classic/Mini

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I got this baby for Christmas and so I'm loving the heck out of it even though I wish it had more games on it and had the capacity for more games to be added. So far I'm loving the heck out of Secret of Mana, which I never got to play before. Wow, people weren't kidding when they say the Mana series took a nosedive into mediocrity.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i played some of the treogames on the mini SNEs at my brothers. theres football, and punch out! and a whole bunch of other classic games. they also include Star Fox 2 , for the first time ever.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I was able to snatch one up myself. So cool. ^.^

Now why can't Super Mario RPG also be on the 3DS E-shop? :confused

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22 on Jan 16 2018, 03:05:49 PM
i played some of the treogames on the mini SNEs at my brothers. theres football, and punch out! and a whole bunch of other classic games. they also include Star Fox 2 , for the first time ever.
I have to admit, I was spoiled by the later Starfox games, so the cruder graphics and controls take some getting used to. But I can still see its a solidly made game and an important part of gaming history.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Truttle on Jan 16 2018, 07:38:49 PM
I was able to snatch one up myself. So cool. ^.^

Now why can't Super Mario RPG also be on the 3DS E-shop? :confused
Probably because they want you to buy the SNES Classic/Mini.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't been able to get my hands on one, though I haven't really tried that hard. I have played most games on it to death either through emulators, VC, original SNES, or all of the above.

I haven't actually played through Secret of Mana but I have played through it's sequel that never got a localization, Seiken Densetsu 3, which is a pretty darn good game. I was actually tempted to download the Secret of Mana collection off of the Japanese eshop for the Switch so I could play the game legit on a console for once.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770 on Jan 17 2018, 01:07:16 AM
I haven't been able to get my hands on one, though I haven't really tried that hard. I have played most games on it to death either through emulators, VC, original SNES, or all of the above.

I haven't actually played through Secret of Mana but I have played through it's sequel that never got a localization, Seiken Densetsu 3, which is a pretty darn good game. I was actually tempted to download the Secret of Mana collection off of the Japanese eshop for the Switch so I could play the game legit on a console for once.
Speaking of, with Secret of Mana getting a remake, I hope Seiken Densetsu 3 finally gets ported over here. It needs to happen.