The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

X-Men RP?

MrDrake · 62 · 4067

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I know my other ideas haven't really sparked that much of an interest around here, so gonna see if I can try it once again, but with the X-Men this time.

Not many rules to start off with, but I will allow for starters anyway, 2 characters one can choose from the X-Men franchise to play as as well as one original character, if you have one, making the total three all up.  That may increase if need be and what have you, but for now, that's how it remains....and it's only X-Men related characters, no other Marvel characters please, unless of course, they can fit into the RP as it is.

Anyway, for purposes, I'm already going to assume the role of X-23/Laura Kinney for starters, as well as a possible original character, but she is my starting point.  Others can, if they want to, start off with only one character and bring in a second as the RP progresses.

Now the rating is a little bit different, as there will be blood and the likes around, so do try and exercise caution and what have you.  So yeah, blood/violence, language and nudity and what not, it will be present.  Basically, it's sort of like a dark RP in a manner of speaking.

One other thing I will mention is that the threat at the moment for the RP will remain a secret, you know, as to not give away anything and the likes like that.  And the threat, I'll be playing as that :p

If anyone wishes to argue any points I have made so far, please feel free to do so, but with a valid reason to do so of course.  As one point of my own I will ask you, the public about, is that with the small character limit, would you lot wishfor it to be expanded so that one may wish to play the Brotherhood as well?  As in Magneto, Mystique and the likes?

I'll start this up once a couple of people are interested in this RP.

Taken Characters (canon):
Armour/Histako - Mirumoto
Dazzler/Alison - Kor
Nightcrawler/Kurt - Nick22
Red Lotus - Mirumoto
Wolverine/Logan - Nick22
X-23/Laura Kinney - MrDrake

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Would this be based on the movies, one of the comic books continuities, or animated series, or a mix of them?  Just curious since there are a lot of continuities out there about the x-men, including a one shot animated pilot.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
True.  I would go with more comic book related more than movies and animated shows.  Only cause, well, the way movies and animated shows do things, they can blow things out of proportion, you know, change things from the comic book genre and the likes.

So go along with the comic book line.  And with that, no real comic book line would be followed, just Marvel in general you know.  But not, say the 2099, Noir, Ultimate line, the normal storyline as they tend to use.

But that's also the thing I'll mention too that relationships down have o follow the comic books either.  I guess in a way, you could call this one our own little storyline that is sort of like an aternate to the normal Marvel/X-Men storyline they have.  You know, just gives everyone a chance to change the way, say, relationships work, and who's still alive and who's dead and the likes like that.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
like the DC Multiverse, so how about a character sheet.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
DC Multiverse? Man, I have not heard that one in a while.  I mean I've heard of it, I just don't know too much about it, but I would imagine it would be the same.

And thank you for reminding me in regards to a character sheet.  I actually had forgotten about it as I did the first post XD

Character sheet:

Code name/Mutant name:
Side: (as in good or evil of course :p)
Powers:
Personality:
Appearance:
History:

Don't need to go into real detail about it, as you are, in a sense, if you are taking a canon character, reshaping them somewhat to your liking, if you will call it that. But of course, I'm not all that picky here, so just fill it out and it should be all good.  Just try not to make any original characters you have, over powered sort of thing.  Granted, only ones that would be more overpowered than the rest would be Phoenix, Professor Xavier and Magneto....and to a point Juggernaut.  I wont say Apocalypse, since well, you know what he's like....very, very, powerful, so wasn't any real reason to mention him, it's a given he is :p

But anyway, he's my sheet for X-23:

Code name/Mutant name: X-23
Side: Good
Powers: Two metal claws on each hand and one metal claw in each foot.
Personality: She can be nice and what have you, but also a bit snide at times, sort of a mixture of both.
History: After having escaped from the Weapon X lab, she had found her way towards Xavier's School for the Gifted, to which, after some careful thought, she was accepted and was allowed to stay there, with having no other place to go to.

Just a rough example of one.  As you can see, not too much detail is really needed, as through the RP, one would end up demonstrating everything in the end if you know what it is I'm talking about.

Edit: Bah, I forgot to add an appearence description into her one.  I'll amend that when I can.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
There still a chance for this one?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
But of course, I'm still seeing who would be interested in this one ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do you prefer oc's or fc's also?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Two canon chars I'm thinking of playing are Red Lotus & Armor.  I'm still working up an OC.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Are those your favorites? I don't think i've heard of those, but I'm no x-men expert. I've read some of the 60's and 70's comics and have the x-men on the dvd-rom that came out a while back.

Most of what I know of the x-men is from mainly beast's appearance in the avengers & the defenders comics I read as a kid.   And some of the cartoons, spider-man and his amazing friends, Pryde of the x-men (unsold pilot, it may be on youtube) the 90's cartoon, x-men evolution (saw part of season 1) and the first 2 movies.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
They're from the comics, and they seem like the best heroes I can play.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry it took me this long to put my OC down, but here it is:

Code Name/Mutant Name:  Blood Cell (temporary)
Side:  Good
Powers:  Currently, his powers include stopping fatal blood wounds, repairing wounds, sensing abnormalities in someone's blood systems, and stunning someone by temporarily freezing their blood flow (touch only, this does not work when wearing gloves).  Also, he can see body heat and hear specific heartbeats.

Personality:  Dedicated to saving lives, passive, but defensive if he is forced to

Appearance:  Caucasian, brown hair, brown eyes.  Eye color changes to yellow iris over red when using his powers.

History:  Working as an ambulance paramedic, he often saves the lives of many victims with the use of his powers, for which only he, his vehicle team, and few trauma doctors know of the truth.

How's that?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's all good.  As you can tell, I aint fussed about descriptions and such, so long as one has a rough idea and what have you XD

I'll still be putting up mine soon enough.  And yes, I do have a teacher character to use as well, so yeah ;)

Code name/Mutant name: N/A
Powers: Super strength, super inteligence, inventive mind
Personality: Friendly, cares for his students safety
Appearance: He's Bigfoot, but wears a lab coat as well.
History: Came from the American forests and joined the Insitute to help out other mutants with their powers and the likes.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now that I am back, if anyone is still interested in this RP, let me know.  I mean, I will still get it started if people are still interested in this one.  But until someone does pick up Professor X, Bigfoot will be in charge for the time being.  Only others I will allow to be in charge are Storm or Jean Grey.  Possibily an OC as well, if that's what you do wish.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
so when would this story be set in universe? Will Wolverine be on the team, for example?>
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good question, but I will say yes....because Wolverine is just awesome in general XD

Really, can't have the X-Men without Wolverine in it :lol:

Also, I have another character to fill in as well, which should be completed soon enough.  And no, she's not a villain either.  Will introduce villains a bit later on as the story progresses, unless someone else wishes to be the first villain.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well count me in for Wolverine then :)  I might add a couple Ocs..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, awesome.  X-23 has her....more superior self now ^^

And for OCs, don't worry so much about going over the top with filling it out, just a rough idea is needed ;)

Yeah, I'm leniant like that XD

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice,m good to hacve you back Mrdrake, so what kept you off the boards? Writers Block?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Code name/Mutant name: N/A
Powers: Breathing underwater, healing abilities (only works underwater), webbed hands and feet for added swimming abilities
Personality: Rather shy and a loner.  She does not get along with others, not because of hating them, but for more of being afraid of others.  Keeps to herself quite often, but she wont mind making a friend or two, even if she wont approach anyone herself.
Appearance: She has blue skin, webbed hands and feet, no hair, instead, having fin-like....well....fins on her head (hard to explain that one, will have to grab a reference picture in regards to that)
History: Her history is rather fuzzy, considering that fact that she does not talk to others as such, keeps to herself.