The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Are you left or right handed?

Mumbling · 28 · 13203

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Malte is bothhanded :D So what are you?

(I'm righthanded)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Not quite bothanded. I write with my left hand but I cannot properly operate most of the tools devised for lefties, so there the right hand would dominate. There are also a few actions where it doesn't make any difference which hand I'm using (e.g. when playing badminton I can use either hand or two rackets at a time. I cannot write properly with my right hand though. So what exactly does that make me?

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
Left handed <3 One of the only ones in my giant family

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
No southpaws in the family....right handed all the way.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Strongly right handed.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
@Petrie: Southpaw? I never heard of that term used for left handers. :p

I'm right handed, though while I don't remember this, when mom was teaching me to write she noticed that I used both of my hands to write. I looked better with my right hand and I just stayed with that hand her the rest of my life.

HOWEVER, I have tried using my left hand to write recently. It looks like chicken scratch. xD

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Dec 30 2010 on  09:39 AM
So what exactly does that make me?
^ Ambidextrous ;).

As for me, strongly right-handed, though if I ever drive one-handed I do better with my left hand :blink:.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Not entirely certain though. Wouldn't being ambidextrous "require" for you to be able to write properly with both hands?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes it would so malte isn't quite ambidextrous. as for me I'm strongly right handed
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My right hand is slightly more dominant. Had I practised writing with my left hand, it would be almost as good as writing with my right hand.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I'm a righty mostly but there are a few things I can do either both ways or prefer left-handed. E.g. I tend to eat cackhanded (knife and fork the wrong way round :p)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm Right-handed. Always have been and alway's will be. :D I've tried to write with my left hand, but it comes out looking like chicken scratch. It's barely ledgible.