The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pokemon X & Y

Mumbling · 84 · 11525

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,May 30 2013 on  07:56 AM
^You're wrong, Mumbling!  I remember the day my old Blue Version stopped saving.  It didn't matter what I did, (beyond opening it up) it just would not save.

On top of that, I'm not the only one who has run into this problem.  Multiple people can testify that they too have lost all their data of their Gen 1 game due to the save battery going dead.

If I still had my Blue Version, I'd open it up and replace the battery inside.

Sorry Mumbling, but personal experience and multiple testimonies say otherwise. :)
It definitely wasn't the battery that died. They don't have a battery. Your cartridge may have been corrupt, though.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,May 30 2013 on  06:59 AM
Quote from: pokeplayer984,May 30 2013 on  07:56 AM
^You're wrong, Mumbling! I remember the day my old Blue Version stopped saving. It didn't matter what I did, (beyond opening it up) it just would not save.

On top of that, I'm not the only one who has run into this problem. Multiple people can testify that they too have lost all their data of their Gen 1 game due to the save battery going dead.

If I still had my Blue Version, I'd open it up and replace the battery inside.

Sorry Mumbling, but personal experience and multiple testimonies say otherwise. :)
It definitely wasn't the battery that died. They don't have a battery. Your cartridge may have been corrupt, though.
Red and Blue have batteries, but they don't have an internal clock. Here's
Here's a website where someone bought a bunch of old Pokemon cartridges that didn't work and attempted to fix them. The first two pictures of opened cartridges are Pokemon Blue and Red. Both have batteries.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, in any case, my pokemon Red and Blue still work (and so does my boyfriend's Blue), yet my silver and gold stopped working about 5 years ago, I replaced the battery on both afterwards. If it was based on the battery, wouldn't you expect Red and Blue to die earlier than Silver & Gold? Especially since I played those more often, too.

Sorry for my assumption of them having no battery.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,May 30 2013 on  09:18 AM
Alright, in any case, my pokemon Red and Blue still work (and so does my boyfriend's Blue), yet my silver and gold stopped working about 5 years ago, I replaced the battery on both afterwards. If it was based on the battery, wouldn't you expect Red and Blue to die earlier than Silver & Gold? Especially since I played those more often, too.

Sorry for my assumption of them having no battery.
No need to apologize. Red and Blue would actually last longer. Because they lack an internal clock, the game uses less power.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
X and Y look amazing, they're one of the biggest reasons why I intend to get my hands on a 3DS. As for Generation V, I enjoyed it for what it is but personally my favorite Pokemon games will always be Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald as they hold a place close to my heart.

P.S. Fennekin, the fire-type starter Pokemon revealed in the trailer looks awesome.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I stopped watching this show After Pokemon season five ended. Than it just turned into a god awful mess my opinion by the way. They destroyed a once great Anime loved by many than they got rid of all the voice actors that made the show wonderful and fantastic. They made the fans come back for more. Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart and the original cast was awesome. Now Ash sounds like he has botched up throat surgery that never got finished. They don't sound the same anymore. But I will see the new movie witch I know for a fact they're gonna make someday soon. And they ran out of colors and rocks so they're now using Algebra math equations for titles now. So unoriginal and not appealing at all.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This was more about the video games than the anime, though.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah okay I never knew they made a Pokemon X&Y Video game unless it's already out under a different tile.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No it will come out later this year.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm sure they're gonna sell them separately like they do with all the other games.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
New trailer!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...&v=gmywDbnC5oc#!

Fairy type confirmed... Good to see something else that's super effective against dragon!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mega Evolution Pokemon Introduced!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...Mega-Evolutions

It also looks like we finally have our answer to Mewtwo's New Form.  I wonder how the fans will react to this one. :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
This looks like it's gonna be a awesome game. I saw trailers and I liked what I saw so far.  And Pokemon X Y is also gonna be a new tv series and a movie based off the series as well.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
From what I saw of the feedback, some liked it, some absolutely loathed it, but most were just "meh" about it. (Though some decided to pull Digimon-trolling jokes here, which is pretty much predictable with this one.)

Now, it seems one thing they noticed is that the new Mega Evolution will likely require the pokemon to hold an in-game item and is only temporary.  It's quite the trade-off and will become quite a factor for the online competitive fans to consider.

We'll just see where it all goes from here. :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
What I loved about it you can now see the whole character when you're battling. That's very cool and a nice feature they added to the game. But the whole fairy thing I was like okay but not to found about it. Overall it looks good so I will pick it up.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think it's genious! Some of the new designs look amazing :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I can say they put effort in these games. And I love the towns and other stuff as well.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The original Gen 1 starters have had their Mega Forms revealed!

All I have to say is, Blastoise, you look awesome! :)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...iginal-Starters

Also, it seems that that there's more to Mega Evolution than just a hold item.  Apparently, the trainer must be wearing a special bracelet and must have a close bond with the Pokemon in question (aka Max Happiness) as well in order for the evolution to happen.

This is a BIG deal.  It shows that to get this special form, you have to work for it.  This right here will be quite the game changer. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I really like Charizard's design. And the fact that we get to choose Kanto starters along with Europe's starters. And everything. Except for the online bank feature. Not sure how much you have to pay, but they should at least allow you to get pokemon from previous games to X & Y for free.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The more I hear about these games, the more excited I get for them. I've had X preordered for a while, and my buddy is getting Y. It's going to be awesome reliving the days when we played Blue and Red together.