The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Video game videos

action9000 · 275 · 42352

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I find hard mode a lot more fun, pretty much all enemies and bosses have double the health and do increased damage. I would record me beating it, but sadly,as i mentioned before, i no longer have the game, maybe i'll do a video on Metroid Prime 2

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have my Zelda II video recorded, i just have to wait while it gets processed, which might take awhile.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I would hate the hard mode, to be honest. It was hard enough in Normal.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3025098274083792277
Heres the link for my Zelda II video. It took me a long time to get good at this game and i still die frequently, i die twice in the video as well, though one time was on purpose due to the lack of magic when facing the boss

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
http://files.filefront.com/ReignofFirewmv/...;/fileinfo.html

Playing the final level in Reign of Fire.

Yes I do use cheat codes for this game (invincibility and, occasionally, extra fire power), but I've a good reason. As a human, it's very hard to recover health, as recovers are scarce, and when you are on fire because of the dragons, sometimes water is just too far away to reach on time. And it's worse as the dragon. Far as I can tell, there is no way to recover health as the dragon.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Heres me going through Bowser's Castle on a hacked SMW i'm making.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=7184394169069960507
Theres also a 2nd shorter path you can take, but i haven't uploaded it yet.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So i finally got the commitment to beat Mario Bros the Lost Levels and with this weekend, after several hours i was able to beat it without using savestates, this is including the 9th world and the harder quest (world A, B, C, and D). Heck, i even attempted a speed run on level 8-3. Here it is.This took a lot of tries to record it without dying. I'll post one of me beating D-4 as well.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's too late at night for me to see the video, but was it with the All-Stars release?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Are consoles the only sort of video games you folks play, never pc games?

You seem very skills with video games.  Guess it's an age thing, and better co ordination or reflexes.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
well, it is a console game, but i was playing on my pc and yes Manny that was on All-stars. This run took me a decent amount of tries to finally nail (upward to 15 attempts)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So i've been bored lately so i recorded a couple more speed runs of some random levels.

Level 5-4
Level C-1
Level C-2

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You're good.  I like the end of the first one.   :lol

I won't say what it is so as not to spoil it for others.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
heh glad you liked them. If you enjoyed the ending of 5-4 then watch this one.

8-4

Its not a speed run, just me beating it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My friend and i were finally able to get a good recording of us teaming up against a lvl 9 Ganondorf. To make the fight more interesting we lowered our handicaps down to 2 and maxed out the Coms at 9.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3215870712525587347
I might make a video of bloopers and our misfortunes on our numerous attempts to finally take him down in front of the camera!

And if you missed this video of my same friend and I dueling you can watch it here.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=2658395303467401618
NOTE: We are NOT button mashing, but it sure as hell sounds like we are in the video.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting movies.  Those are some sort of fighting game like Bloody Roar 2?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i guess i forgot to mention i was playing Smash bros Melee :lol . i've never played bloody roar so i couldn't really tell you. Smash Bros is a bit different then the standard fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Soul Caliber. First of all, its 4 players, second its more free roaming and open, intsead of being confined to a cricular, or square shaped arena. Thirdly, its still a 2D fightning game, a lot of the fightning games, you can move your character in 8 directions. Lastly, instead of having health, you character has a precentage, the more you dealt damage, you precentage increases and ultimatley increases how far you travel when your hit (though you can change the mode so you have hit points instead). So even though Smash Bros. does have some of simularities, overall its a really different game then other fighters out there. I hope this actually answers you question Kor.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sort of.  I've only played the one fighting game I mentioned.  I"m not much of a console player.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, heres a video of me playing the last level of Ikaruga. Now before you watch the video, a bit of explaining of the game will probably make the game easier to understand. First of all its a shooter game, my favortie shooter actually. The game consists of 2 polarities: black and white. This includes all enemies and bullets that are fired. Now, your ship has a shield that can be switched from black to white at will and if the bullet is the same polarity as your shield, it will be absorbed, if its not, well, you die. Also, the bullets you fire also consist of being black or white, depending on the shield's polarity (black shields, black bullets are shot, same goes for white). When it comes to shooting the enemies, your white bullets do increased damage to black enemies, and vice versa (if you've played Metroid Prime 2, its the same basic idea as that). Now the biggest mistake you can make in this game is thinking that its easier because your immune to half of the shots fired. I think it makes it harder because you have to be constantly thinking about which bullets you can absorb (it may not seem hard, but when the screen is covered in them, it can get a bit overwhelming! You will see what i mean when im fighting the last boss). Now that you've got a bit of knowledge on the game, it'll be easier to understand whats happening, if you have any question, feel free to ask.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3381379524454154841
NOTE: sorry about the high pitched sound that is present through out the video. Overall it is my best run of the last chapter, with only one death, and obtaining 5.5 million points!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like you are a master video game player.  Also likely showing my stupidity, but it looks like a y wing making the run on the death star from episode 4 of star wars(an old movie before your time) and I guess they added in those other giant ships that keep appearing, I don't recall them from episode 4, I guess Lucas added them in, like he did Greedo shooting first.