The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

It's like they're in-vit-ing me IN

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
So I guess this is where newcomers introduce themselves, right? Well, you can call me LoyfeCycleProtector. I've watched the Land Before Time films for as long as I can remember. The first film was literally one of the first movie I can remember ever watching, and watched all the way up to movie seven. I loved the original, but when the first sequel came out I really got hooked on Chomper, and when the fifth movie rolled around I was incredibly excited. I watched the next two after that, hoping they'd show Chomper again, and while they didn't, I still loved the movies and the characters. I remember when the eighth film came out I started to become self concious, and I stopped watching them. I remember seeing the comercial for the eleventh film and actually found my self rolling my eyes.
Around 2007, I was flipping through channels at a hotel, and I stumbled on the Land Before Time TV show. It had Chomper, and I'll tell you that was all it took to get me back into the series. Once I was at that age, I no longer particularly cared what people thought about what I watched. It's that weird leveling off of self conciousness that marks the begining of the end of your teenage years.
I fell back in love with the series and have been a fan ever since.
Still, even as a fan, I didn't particularly feel any inkling to seek out other LBT fans. Until I got back into another thing that I liked when I was younger: fanfiction. I read a story by Flipper Boid Skua that really got me thinking about getting back into story writing. Now I'm (very, painfully slowly) ironing out a Land Before Time fanfiction. In order to keep a consistent quality, I want to write at least half of it before I start posting chapters.

So about me: I'm 20, and an honors student at my university. I'm aiming for an eventual degree in marine biology.

I also decided out of the blue to base my screen name out of the single most hilarious example of bad voice acting in video game history. So, that's me! My favorite movies were numbers ten, two, and five (and the original, obviously). Glad to be here!

By the way, proper pronunciation of my name and the title of this thread can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAWxw0wmeNQ

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi there! Can I call you Loyfe too? Little bit shorter ;)

It seems like you've already found your way around posting on the forum. My name is Iris, nice to meet you :)

See you around! :wave

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Loyfe is perfectly fine. And thanks for the welcome, Iris!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us :)
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community. Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Welcome, sharptooth! Feel free to sink your teeth into any of these forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!  :DD

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey there! Welcome to the GOF! Hope you have a pleasant stay here!

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thank you, you two. It's always encouraging to see such a supportive community :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Always glad to have a new member join us.  I"m sure you'll meet lots of nice folks on here.  

I'd guess Chomper is one of your favorite lbt characters.  Any other movie or tv series characters you like?

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thank you Dark Hououmon and Kor for the greetings. And to answer your question, Kor, I recall Chomper being part of a small, strange group of characters a that I always liked growing up. Only Chomper and the rest of the gang has really stuck.

But more recently? Well, I don't watch too much TV nowadays, but I do still like Pokemon. Always been a Machop fan.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GOF, Loyfe. :yes Would you like to list your favourite LBT fanfictions? It could also serve as a reading recommendation for other members.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Gang of Five, Loyfe! You can call me Molly if you want. I'm fairly new myself, and I'm sure you'll really enjoy your time here!  :wave
Chomper's a really cute and interesting character, and I love that he came back in the TV series. It's not everyday a sharptooth is welcomed into the Great Valley to live with the leaf-eaters after all! :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

It's nice to have you on here. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF, Loyfe! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Hey, you seem like the kinda fella that would like my pet sharptooth (Look at my avatar). He loves human flesh. Well, anything that moves, really. :lol

And I'd love to give your fanfiction a read whenever you decide to start posting it up.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks vonboy. Chomper all the way  :DD Thanks for the welcome!

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hi, welcome to the site!  :wave
I only joined a few months ago, and I can assure you, you'll feel very welcome here, Loyfe!  :DD
My name is Toby - pleased to meet you.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome! It's awesome to see new people streaming in, Loyfe (can I call you that? You can call me Strut^^)
And yessss.... feel your will-power draaiiinn XDD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
hi and welcome to the GOF from a newbie to a newbie :DD Enjoy vour stay! :)
Inactive, probably forever.