Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > Visual Art

Mr E Creativity

(1/7) > >>

The Mr E:
Wow, this site is more expansive than I initially thought!  Well, since there's a nook for it, I thought I'd share some of my digital art.

LITTLE FRUIT BAT

One of my favourite designs yet! I created this fella in response to the Character Design Challenge of November 2021, 'Veggie Animals' (fruit animals were allowed too). It was nice to break out of my more cartoony comfort zone with detailed, lineart-less work ... even if it took more ludicrous trial and error than usual to get here 😂.  Now, I sort of default to lineless art for designs like this.

At first, I thought a 'fruit bat' is such a typical choice. Many other competitors were bound to think of it, so I developed him as a primate that glides with its peel body, inspired by a flying lemur. The drawback? Flying lemurs aren't that cute.  At all.  So, I added sugar glider traits to fix that. However, his arms looked much better with flaps of peel (inspired by microraptors), which made him resemble a bat with stubby wings. I eventually made him a fruit bat anyway, but his peel wings were too small. Just giving him more wing peel lacked a creative punch. That's where the juice wings came in! This is a creature with a seemingly telekinetic control over its juice. Sprouting liquid wings is just one of its juice manipulation abilities. How it flies with that massive tail is a mystery, but it comes in handy for mind-boggling, aerodynamic tricks. I've put a lot of thought into his story and biology, but I'll save some for later 😉.

Almost forgot the kiwi fruit fly to his right! The little thing can't resist the siren call saccharine scent of its natural predator ... or do they share a symbiotic relationship? Time may tell.

If I had could pick any theme for Fruit Bat, it would probably be this:
https://youtu.be/z-08_5sGptA?t=63

Sneak:
Whoa, it is so neat and colorful!!! :O (and cute ^^)

Do you have more? I would like to see them too!

RainbowFaceProtege:
This looks amazing! You clearly put a lot of thought into this idea, came up with a really cute creature, and WOW do I envy your lineless art skills! :wow

Definitely would be interested in hearing more about the concept for this little guy!

The jewelstone queen:
Wow! I love your creativity for this lil guy! The textures are amazing! It's got like a nice sparkly feel that I don't know how to describe in words. The over all pose and style of your work is magnificent!

I also find it cute that this little critter would have a theme song, hehe! Nice job!

The Mr E:
@Sneak

Thanks!  I'd like to make some more fruit bats in the future.  Got started with them too.  In the meantime, you can find some more creature/character designs in my ArtStation gallery.  I'll be posting stuff from there to here, along with some new things I don't have on the gallery yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version