The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

OK...this is really strange...

Guest · 9 · 2166

Bruton the Iguanodon

In this shot directly followig the song...

...Ducky is shrugging just like she was before it...even though in the last shot she had her hands on her hips. Weird. But it gets weirder.

As you can see, during the song Cera the log clearly breaks and the two pieces are left standing at a near-verticle angle.

Hoewever...

In this shot after the song, the half of the log visible doesn't look remotelylike it did after it was split---heck, it looks pretty much like it did before it was, as seen in this shot---

I know, I watch a lot of LBT on megavideo. Go ahead and laugh, it's cool.  :lol

My point being...maybe this song never happened at all. I mean, Littlefoot even asks Cera afterwards, "What do you think, Cera?"

OK, ok, I guess I shouldn't rush. Perhaps the song was animated afterwards and fit into the middle of a scene in post-production. That would explain the errors.

But wait!

Spike, in the 1st pic...is grinning just like he did at the end of the song.

There's only one possible explanation left. It all happened in Spike's head. This would really put emphasis on the fact that he's the "star" of this song.  :spit

I'm a huge fan of this song, and think it's really fun and catchy, and it's one of my all time LBT favorites, but I suspect I'm in the minority here, so few have probably gone as far to analyze it as I have.

Am I overanalyzing? Or have I been the first fan ever to discover an itriguing piece of LBT info?

Bruton the Iguanodon

OK...so was I overanalyzing a little too much?  :slap

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know, I can't see your post over the shine of Spike's teeth in the first pic. :lol

But seriously, it's an interesting view of the song, but unlikely to be true. The authors would probably give more clues if the characters were thinking about something, rather than going through it for real.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Wait. If it was happening in Spike's head, don't you think there should be a thought bubble or something? To make it more clear?

Bruton the Iguanodon

OK, so I probably am overanalyzing it...

...but still, it's not impossible. If it was an idea, though, they could have made it a heck of a lot clearer. By the way, was his singing in the song really necessary?  :huh: As a kid I think I wholly enjoyed the song until he came in...I remember "Hit it, Spike!"

But hey, t least it was fun, and had a bit of a point, unlike "Friends for dinner"...which, well didn't. I'm not gonna be bashed for likin' it, am I?  :smile

Oh, and the last pic is really sad cause now megavideo is gone! :cry  (I took that pic like 2 days before it was taken down)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think it was either just an error on their part, or a bout of laziness :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
If you notice, both the sceneries for the two shots of Littlefoot, Spike and Ducky are the same. It's not uncommon for BG artists to reuse scenery if they have just cut away briefly to another area. In this case, before and after Littlefoot asks Cera's opinion on the whole Bad Luck issue when she then gets tripped up by Dinah and Dana. It is a bit lazy but looking at it economically, if the scene hasn't changed that drastically then why spend more money on resources and manpower to recreate something you can use again? I can't imagine the budget for these movies was particularly high so corners are bound to be cut in places.

As for the last statement:
In this shot after the song, the half of the log visible doesn't look remotelylike it did after it was split---heck, it looks pretty much like it did before it was, as seen in this shot---

That screenshot is of the BEGINNING of the song, not the end. This is when Littlefoot walks up to the overhanging rock to sing his first line. Hence, the log has not been damaged yet coz Cera's line "When the log falls down when you cross the creek..." doesn't come until later.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm talking about the fact that the log doesn't look broken in the picuture above it either, which comes aferwards. Obviously the last pic is from the beginning of the song---I even pointed out it was before the log snapped.
\

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's more than likely a mistake on the animators. Sometimes things like that slip in because of laziness or because it's an honest mistake. I really didn't notice it to be honest, and I really don't see it as a big deal. It just happened.