The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rage-Quit Games

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, games you've Rage-Quit on.  Name them!

Mine is Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.  Seriously, you don't want to know how bad that game was, and I tried my best to endure the terribleness of it, but I just rage-quit that game in the end.

To this day, I have never played it since the day I rage-quit and I don't plan to play it again anytime soon.

So, what are yours? :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Anna was complete rubbish; I didn't rage-quit I simply married a walkthrough because of how unintuitive the puzzles were. Not how I like to play adventure games.

Dota 2 proved to be far too time-consuming for me; a single game takes over an hour and you have to spend ages just to figure out how to play a single character. Then there are over 100 characters so I never knew what I was up against. "Okay, never seen any of these enemies before all right I guess OH GOD I'M ON FIRE why is that annoying one so fast why does that one keep walking through my barriers I don't didthatonejustgoinvisible *dead*" Then your team whines at you for the rest of the match...

I also stopped playing World of Warcraft after a single try, mainly because of how long it took for anything to happen. Just NPC after NPC going "please do this menial task for me for some XP, you can say no but if you do that your story won't progress."

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Mar 13 2013 on  01:14 AM
So, games you've Rage-Quit on.  Name them!

Mine is Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.  Seriously, you don't want to know how bad that game was, and I tried my best to endure the terribleness of it, but I just rage-quit that game in the end.

To this day, I have never played it since the day I rage-quit and I don't plan to play it again anytime soon.

So, what are yours? :)
Oh, believe me, I know how bad Sonic 06 is. I managed to beat Sonic and Shadow's stories, got halfway through Silver's and that's where I gave up.

Speaking of Sliver, he is the most unfair boss I have ever had the (dis)pleasure of fighting. Get caught by his BS psychic powers even once and you're pretty much dead as he gives you no time to recover. Very rarely was I able to get away from him after he had flung me about the stage. I'm sure there are some people out there that see him as a challenge but I see him as an example of bad programming.

There are so many games I've ragequitted on that I don't even know anymore. One I can think of is GTA 4 and the Episodes from Liberty City(Namely Gay Tony). I ragequit GTA 4 after the first Patrick McReary mission. I don't remember what the mission was and I don't care either. The missions are all the same in that game anyway.  Ballad of Gay Tony I ragequit after this one mission where I had to use satchel charges to destroy a crane, a subway train, and a plane. The crane is really easy but the train is slightly more irritating. You can stand on the overpass and throw a satchel charge on top of the train but they seldom land. So then you might have to chase the train on the tracks. I saw a video where a guy used a rocket launcher to destroy the train so I tried that and the missile went right through it! The final part of the mission is by far the worst. You have to drive all the way across Liberty City within two minutes, get to the airport, destroy a helicopter, and then escape from the airport with a four star wanted level. After dying twice on the same spot, I figured it would just be easier to use a helicopter and destroy the plane from on top of the airport with a rocket launcher but nope, the satchel charges rear their ugly heads yet again. By that point, I had just had enough of the game's bull and I gave up.

GTA 4 really made me miss San Andreas. There was so much more to do in that game plus you had more freedom to complete the missions the way you wanted to complete them. I really hope GTA 5 will be good because I'm starting to like Saints Row better than GTA(not that Saints Row is bad or anything).

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Diablo 2's Hell mode and some sections of Dark Souls. BECAUSE THE GAME IS FAIR RIGHT U GUIS>?>??>? GOTY LAWL DORK SOULS 2 PREPARE TO CASUAL GANK 420

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I didn't rage quit but I remember going on hell-bent rage playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 for PS1 trying to beat M-Bison with Sakura. My days! I don't normally get violent but I was screaming, sweating and I punched a flower trough that my folks had in the room at the time and cracked it (plus buggered my hand which further added to Bison wiping the floor with my face). Beat him eventually but it was an empty win given the destruction I had wrought. I was just glad I was home alone at the time. :oops

Oh! I did rage quit on RE3: Nemesis once trying to beat Nemesis at the clock tower on Hard Mode. I was ill-prepared and chose the wrong option at a Live Selection earlier which meant that Carlos didn't show up to disarm Nemesis of his rocket launcher. He massacred me time and time again. Ended up restarting the game from the beginning coz I just couldn't beat him.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
If there's one boss that got me close to rage quitting, it's the Spider Guardian from Metroid Prime 2. I hate that boss so much, and it's not that it's that hard theoretically. You just bomb it until it glows green and then go into a bomb slot and activate it. But there's a few things in the way. First, there's a time limit. Second, the guardian delivers a lot of damage if you hit it. Third, the environment can be difficult to navigate.

I can't tell you how many times I screwed up because of something in the environment, for instance trying to use a half pipe only to go onto the wrong platform and having to start over, or trying to get to a bomb slot that's located on a hill and having to balance on the hill and make a bomb before you roll all the way down.

The time limit makes things even tougher. It's worse at the end when you have to bomb 3 slots in the same turn. This means there's little room to diddle dally and more room for error when you try to get to the upper 2 bomb slots, both of which are on a hill, a slant.

Adding salt to the wound, the nearest save room is several rooms away. While looking a map it doesn't seem that bad, but the map doesn't show you the obstacles you have to go through, and doesn't include the fact that you must face off against a new dark creature (which has a buddy) and you have to talk to a luminoth and go through that cut scene every time you lose against the Spider Guardian.

So yeah, I really hate the Spider Guardian.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The secret level in world 3 of Yoshi's Island. That was horrible, I completely rage quit that.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I rage quit Sonic Rush when I got onto the second to final level with Sonic and had to use a spinning catapulte thing to launch myself ahead, but since you had to land on a spot that was off the screen, you couldn't judge how to launch yourself.

The other game I quit was Sonic Unleashed on the last boss fight. Trying to get near the giant dark chaos monster with a lumbering stone giant was too much of a pain.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i've never ragequit a game, even when a boss is tough i keep plugging away at itm, until i beat it..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: