News:

Author Topic: Ducky123's fanart :)  (Read 29017 times)

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Ducky123's fanart :)
« Reply #460 on: January 23, 2020, 06:33:56 PM »
Coming back to the fanart world with a vengeance I see :p Seriously, this is really good! The backgrounds look awesome and the Ducky is well drawn from what I can make out (hard to tell with all the scrolling required haha). I think the one frame where Ducky is wiping the tears off her face her fingers look a little angular but that's about it. You've certainly got the comic prompt entry down so I expect a good one when the time comes!  ;)

And yes I know all about spending 30+ hours on a drawing. Worth the effort though right? It would be great to see you posting some more art a little more frequently as well!  :smile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • A tryhard on hiatus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 23, 2020, 06:34:50 PM »
For anyone trying to view this ginormous picture before Ducky123 edits it down to size, view it in another tab at its source by right clicking on the image, "Copy Image Location", and paste it in a new tab. :)

I agree with the majority that this is an awesome, well refined drawing that captures the emotion of Ducky very well. Being able to draw Ducky very consistently within many different panels while maintaining her appearance showed a lot of endurance and control, so I admire your skill on that regard. The background is sketched beautifully, and once again as expected, your shading is on par. I will agree with Mumbling though that Ducky's head in the first panel seems a little off, kinda like her head isn't aligned perfectly with her neck. Also, in the rectangular panel in the middle right of the paper, the way that Ducky's fisted hand was drawn is something that I don't like personally as it looks too boxy for me. But overall, splendid effort on the comic prompt. :smile

Edit: Flathead, you beat me towards that one piece of criticism I was saying. Oh well. :lol

Anagnos

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 24, 2020, 09:36:03 AM »
I must say that I'm genuinely very much in awe of how great this looks like. This approach in reference to a comic book certainly must be the groundwork for the comic prompt entry as others here have already expressed their admiration upon your work in this field. And I must say that the theme is also one that was done remarkably well. You can practically feel the bleak atmosphere in your heart. If there is one critique I found, it would have to be in the very first panel as you can hardly recognize the distant figures as spiketails. The size of the drawing is also very distracting, but that's beside the point.

All things considered, those 30+ hours definitely were not wasted as this was a very great way to showcase this month's prompt. :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 26, 2020, 10:22:30 PM »
I really like the comic approach you have here! The close-up on Ducky's face really drives home her despair. :D
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

StardustSoldier

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 29, 2020, 11:19:29 PM »
^Agreed. The comic style is a nice touch. I'm impressed at how good the shading looks too, as I seem to recall you saying before that this was your first time ever attempting shading. Do you have any tips on how to do shading like that?

Also, commenting on your earlier drawing here:

Very nice. I love that scene from the movie. Shame about decapitated Ducky and Petrie, as was noted earlier. :P But great drawing otherwise. Are you still planning to do an updated version of it sometime?

"Life finds a way. Just hope for the best."

Ducky123

• I like cute things!
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 01, 2020, 08:04:09 AM »
Wow thanks everyone! I'm going to reply once the drawing is done :)
mostly inactive due to exam preparation. Includes my creative work in particular which is entirely on hiatus. Hit me on discord if you need something, I'm more active there :)