The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Parting of the Ways

Nick22 · 691 · 37313

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail ate him food quietly, with little further comment. Much had been explained to him.. although much still remained to be uncovered... Was he to take on nova as a apprentice? Or simply train him up enough so that he'd be prepared for a confrontation with Blacktail?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
(Blackstar)

Elder sat in the throne room looking at a ruby covered picture "Stripetail won't be able to take Nova as a apprentice. If he even try... a curse would be put on him a curse to become a red dragon for life. I better warn him before he leaves. there only... 2 minutes!" Elder open the wall to the stair well headin up fast he can.

---

Redstar shook Stripetail's claw. then created the teleport symbol "You better go now before Eva gets home. You got only 20 seconds before the window closes, I forgot to tell you there is only a 30 minute window twice a day and the second about to close till tomorrow noon and we won;t be able to make any contact as well" Redstar saw the window about to close "See you tomorrow" he cast the spell and Stripetail teleports away just as Elder came out and saw it happen then sighs knowing the window just closed.

"Damn it too late... just hope Stripetail don't do it..." Elder mutters. "the curse of being a apprentice to a red dragon is being a red dragon forever..." Elder spoke to himself and turn back to the stair well and hope by tomorrow to make contact.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail reappeared in his castle. He had seen the Elder rush in just as he had vanished. "He must have read my thoughts and was coming to tell me that wasn't a good idea..." He thought to himself. He had returned to his normal form as well.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Eva arrived home just as he return to normal "Hi Stripetail, just finished school for the day" Eva smiled

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good, I had some important busniness to attend to. Tell me everything.." Stripetail said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Eva told him how the day went and at the end of the day "And I met Nova, his Redstar's son. I read about Redstar and the red dragons but never thought of meeting one" Eva said with a smile. "I really would love to study their magic. Since I been studying for the last 9 years I been reading up on much about red dragons and their magic as I can"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, once my tutoring of you ends you'll be able to do as you please. But i have trained you so that strong magic can be brought back to my people. Your classmates are very weak in the magic department, as are many of my people. You will have to change that. Learn about the ways of the REd ddragons as you will, but you must also guide my people. You can connect with them in ways I no longer can. I'm a million years old , how could young mortals relate to that? They can't. You on the other hand, are much closer in age to them, and therefore can reach out to them."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Eva almost chocked on what she heard. "I..." Eva turns dropping her bags and runs out of the room.

Blackstar stood in the darkness chuckling "Just as I saw in the visions I had. The push away has begun, your trying to push her into something that she don't want and doing so will push her away from you. Wizzin" Blackstar laughed walking up to Stripetail he tried to draw to Blackstar but the red dragon just held a claw hand out and Stripetail's arm was locked in place and so was his body.

"Don't bother trying to break free this is magic you never heard about and I only let your eyes and mouth move. I will free you after I finish talking to you" Blackstar chuckled.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'at last we meet Blackstar." Stripetail's eyes narrowed. "What took you so long to appear out of the shadows?As for your magics" Stripetail's eyes flashed and the spell around him was broken, he could move his body and paws again.  Stripetail moved away from Blackstar. "I know how to break binding spells, regardless of the spell.  But I'm not going to fight. I'll let you say your piece." He crossed his arms. Blackstar looked at him, and began pacing back and forth. Stripetail had proven himself stronger than he had thought... no matter... things were still going as planned.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Very well Stripetail here it is... As you try to get her to guide the young you will push her away and then she will be gone from your life and all i have to do is watch on the side lines and you do the job that so many been trying to do. How amusing how the good forces the golden girl of his sights away forever." Blackstar laughed sitting down taking a book and start reading it. "I won't answer your riddle for you."

'What a book, reading it in thoughts is all I need for what I like' Blackstar thought with a secondary meaning in it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You don't need to" Stripetail frowned. "As long as she is my pupil, As Teacher, what I say goes, if she doesn't like it, too bad. Once she leaves however, then my opinions will carry much less weight. I see... you hope that my relations with Eva will be so bad by the time  her apprenticeship ends, that she will never want anything to do with me again. Driving her away..." Blackstar put the book away, with a broad smile on his face.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'Oh you don't know the half of it Stripetail' Blackstar thought with the smile on his snout still there. "Oh I don't have to do much Stripetail, it going to happen even I did show up and I don't need to even lift a claw, I know what going to happen and it in here" Blackstar tap his claw on his head a little then turn to look at more books not paying much attention to Stripetail now taking another book and reading it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Visions are notoriously inaccurate" Stripetail smirked. "Don't get your hopes up  Blackstar. You don't scare me, I've dealt with creatures like you before. If you have anything more to say, say it! Otherwise, stop leafing through my books and get out of my house!"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'Make me' Blackstar just thought as he read on a small grin showing out of sight of Stripetail's view

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Grushloin Severes" Stripetail spoke in a cold voice. a circle appeared under Blacklclaw and glowed. In an instant Blackclaw was lifted off his feet and thrown through the library window. There was a look of shock on Blackstar's face, he hadn't thought Stripetail would be strong enough to actually do it. But then again, he had already gained from that visit all that he could, and a smile returned to his face. Blackstar landed hard on the ground, more than 50 feet away from the window.  The window glass had cut him in several places, drops of blood dripped from him onto the ground. He picked himself up off the ground , grinned,and vanished in an instant.
-
Stripetail came up to the broken window, breathing hard. "Doing that required a lot of energy. the Elder was right, He's incredibly powerful.' He thought to himself.
_
 Tristan was headed home when he was run over by Eva. "Eva!" He said, surprised. Eva looked like she had been crying.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Blackstar stood his injuries healed looking at Stripetail from one of the tower roofs "Read my thoughts did you? what a fool. One thing that no one should ever do is read the thoughts of a Red Dragon and now your going to be sorry in more ways then one..." Blackstar thought in his mind "A little something that not even a wizzin escape, soon Stripetail... wizzin life will be over for you" Blackstar leaves in a barrier of light then it closes up.

---

Eva explains to Tristan what happened still a bit tearful. "I don't want to be something like Stripetail was a million years ago. I just want to do what I wish to do with my life not be told what I have to do with my life no matter what..." Eva moaned

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"He sees great talent in you Eva" Tristan replied. "Maybe he was a bit too direct, perhaps, But I highy doubt he intended to hurt you in any way. Look, let me take you home, and we'll smooth things over. I've never meet him, and this would be my way of introducing myself."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Alright" Eva got up and went back with Tristan "I like to expand my talent to the stars where the Red Dragons live. I wish to be more then just some guide for younger students of magic. I wish to expand it to the very essences of life itself" Eva explain to Tristan.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yes, and I think his lordship understands that. He knows that you are itching for more... but in that you are also being like him a million years ago. How do you think he became so powerful? He explored the cosmos, like you want to" Tristan smiled. "I've read up on him for years Eva, and you have been given the chance that any wizard or witch would kill for, to learn from him directly. I would LOVE to be in your shoes Eva, I mean that seriously."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Eva understood what Tristan meant "I gather what you mean but there is a point that I would like to take my own route in life then be guided. I care that his trying to help me and I like what he done for me but there is a point that anyone can take to choose a new route if you understand what I mean" Eva said to Tristand