The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Family

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
I don't know whether this is an appropriate thing to post, so apologies if necessary in advance.

But I got home from school today feeling, well, quite unhappy. The reason being?  :(
I don't know if I was just being my paranoid self as usual, but I felt as though I was being made an example of my some unruly classmates because of my Asperger's Syndrome. It wouldn't be the first time. For the past few days, I have been thinking rather a lot about it, and people do seem to find their own ways in expressing their views about it. Whether deliberately spelling things out, or just giving me the cold shoulder, it has hit home hard.  :(

Then I came onto here, saw some replies I got on things I had posted and...it made me feel good. The people on here never let me down.  :D

So, to be truthful, this is what this is all about - a thank-you note, thanking everyone on here for being as friendly and as caring as you are. In a sense, you're like a family, and you always make me smile. So, thank you.  :lol:

This is also a shout-out to anyone new on here. If you're looking for friends, you won't be disappointed.  :smile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's really kind of you to say that! Don't let others drag you down ;) You are always welcome to create topics on the gof to share your joys and sorrows.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Thank you very much and you are welcome :)
The GOF sure is an awesome place for the awesomeness of its members :yes

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's a real pick-me-up to me as well, Dosu. Feedback I get on stories or pictures or a couple PM's always help.

I hope things work out for the better for you - I can't say I know how being picked on feels, because I was fortunate enough not to have that happen to me, so I can't imagine how awful it must be for those who do get picked on.
(If you're interested, I can teach Tae Kwon Do ;))
Keep your head up, Dosu. There will be bad days, and there will be sad days, but the thing with those is that you can't allow certain happenings to get the better of you. Strike back with a well-aimed fist and shout "No Flippin' Way!!" :DD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yeah, I love this forum to bits, not just because of LBT, but all of the wonderful, wonderful people on here.

I can't say I know how you feel, but my friend might. She also has Asperger's Syndrome and had to face some torment from her classmates for the first two years of secondary school, but as far as I'm aware that doesn't happen too much any more. There's no point in saying anything against people who can't help who they are. I hope things improve for you soon Dosu. *Hugs*

Hey, if there's anything you need to say, you can say it to us. We're here for you if you feel down. :D

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know the feeling of being shown the cold shoulder very well... though I'm not an aspie

Being excluded for being...well... different from the "Normals" can be very hard indeed...

I think we are like a family here indeed :D

As already been said if you have problems tell your"family" about it and we'll help( you can send me a PM whenever you feel like it :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Glad you all meant it too. Today wasn't so good either.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that Dosu. *Hugs again* I just hope things improve for you eventually. As said before, you're more than welcome if you feel the need to let it out. :D

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yep, its the sort of need that knocks quite often... :lol Thanks for being understanding.