The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 1584 · 116090

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Axel started, squinting in the dark as he tried to make out the figure who'd emerged... then recoiling back a step when he recognised Emilena. "You!" he gasped, reaching a hand back to hold the Luger but not drawing it out just yet. "What... where did you..."

Axel's eyes narrowed. "The letter was from you... Why the hell would you care what happens to Lily? You got what you wanted, Lupis has her!" He looked around quickly, half expecting to see the wolf leap out at him.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena sighed. "I made a deal with Lupis to get out of Purifier prison, and that's as far as my allegiance went." She unclipped the pistol from her belt and threw it at Axel's feet. "Of course nobody gave me the chance to explain that..."

Her muscles were tense and her eyes were darting nervously to the opening of the alley. "Lily was the only one of our entire team who didn't instantly think the worst of me. And now I can repay that kindness. But you're going to have to trust me, like she did."

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Soren knocked on the door of Axel's room.

"Hey Axel, the surgery went perfectly. Tony, Anne and Nairda are recovering right now."

No response. Soren knocked on the door harder. To his amazement, the door swung open. The bed had obviously been slept in with blankets piled up at one end.

"Axel?" A shudder ran up Soren's spine. He looked around the room. "Stop fucking around."

Still no response.

The Human suddenly got a sinking feeling in his stomach. He was aware this was a backalley clinic and despite how professional and clean it was, that didn't mean that someone could have kidnapped and ransomed, or worse experimented on him.

Scowling, he got his rifle ready and flipped off the safety. He saw a Golden Retriever housekeeper passing by the room.

"Excuse me, do you know where Axel Whent is?" he asked.

"No." The housekeeper entered the room.

Sighing, he returned to the lobby and confronted the secretary on duty. His rifle was at the ready but pointed towards the ground. "What happened to Axel?" he asked. Soren's tone said one thing: I want answers and don't give me any shit.

-------------

Anne was reading a magazine as she sat next to Tony's bed. "So Tony, I'm guessing this is the first time you've been shot?"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Keeping his eyes on her, Axel bent down quickly to scoop up the pistol she'd thrown. "Yeah... and look where trusting you would have got her..." he said as he stood, holding the gun but not aiming it at her. He didn't trust Emilena, not for a second... but he also couldn't think of a reason why she'd try anything now, when she could have just stayed away.

"And what could you do to help her?" Axel asked suspiciously, his uneasiness radiating from his posture.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena took a deep breath and explained her plan to Axel. Regardless of how crazy it sounded, she explained how she 'escaped' the torture chamber, what she saw in her dreams, and her conclusions from them. She left out the part about visiting her parents.

"But obviously, you're going to have to get me into the Purifier base for any of that to happen," she finished. "I know your team must have a plan to get back in there, but there's no way any of them would ever trust me. It'd be up to you and me, but you've got to see that it's the best shot Lily will ever have of being normal again."

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel stared back at Emilena for a long moment without saying a word. Then he slowly raised his hand and offered her gun back, grip first. "If you try anything... if you put her in any more danger, I will kill you." He loosened his hold on the barrel of the pistol.

Sighing, Axel shook his head. "Getting in isn't going to be easy. Last night we tried to go for Lupis and it... it didn't go so well. So the security around the base is gonna be even tighter. Tony knew about some secret ways to get in, but I never got to hear where they were exactly..." He trailed off as he thought of his friend's condition. Axel swallowed. "There's more... The Purifiers built some kind of pulse bomb and tonight they're gonna use it to slaughter as many augments in Lanthae as they can..."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He left about 20-30 minutes ago, just walked right out. didnt say where he was going, didnt say anything in fact..' the secretary said.'he could be anywhere at this point, fella. but right now, the more important thing, is paying for the surgeries. once you do that, then you can go hunt down your pal' the secretary showed no fear, as if she was used to gun-toting people in this clinic.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I honestly couldn't care less," Emilena folded her arms. "More power to the bastards."

She turned and leaped onto the chainlink fence blocking the exit to the alley. "That 'pistol' you just borrowed is actually a police tracker; its designed to be confiscated by the target so we can trace them. While it's in the lead-lined holster it can't transmit, but that also makes it immune to all abilities to detect tracers. So remove the gun from the holster once you want me to know where you are and no tracer-detecting allies are nearby."

---------------------------

Nairda walked into the waiting room. "Guys, dis is blingin son! Somethingz wack wit mah rap algorithms muthafucka! How tha fuck can I git dis ta stop?" He looked fearfully from left to right. "I aint goin ta sound like dis forever, be I...?"

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel stared at her, aghast, as Emilena dismissed what he'd told her about the bomb. "How can you say that? Innocent people are going to die!" What the hell is wrong with her?

Shaken at how Lily's only hope might lie with this woman, Axel glanced down at the pistol as she explained how it worked. So I can't take it out around Anne... she'd detect it in a second. And I can't signal her when Soren's around, there's no telling what he'd do if he saw her again... "Alright, but you'll need to be ready to move quickly," Axel said, looking up at Emilena as she jumped onto the fence. "If we're breaking in, I won't be able to wait too long." The sky was brightening - he'd need to try and get back before the others noticed he'd been gone for too long.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony groggily came awake, his eyes filmy and unable to focus at first. He heard Marita ask him something... how he was feeling probably. "Terrible..." he murmured, the nausea in his stomach from the anesthetic causing a really sick feeling deep within him. Looking around slowly, he noticed Axel wasn't even there. Wincing, he tried to rise, then fell back against the pillow. "Can I have..." his mouth felt like cotton, and he was unable to get the rest of the words out.

Closing his eyes as a tear or two slid down his cheeks, he tried to rest. "Yes..." he finally managed to say in response to Anne's question. Breathing heavily, the ferret cracked his eyes open a tad. "I don't suppose..." Nairda entering the room talking in that strange fashion which caused his head to swim, and his nausea to build as he groaned pitifully, clutching his abdomen. "Where's... Axel...?" he asked here, and then was unable to suppress it anymore.

He turned in the bed, and retched violently into a container near the bed. He felt like he was vomiting up his stomach as he lost his most recent meal and then some. When it was over after a moment or two, the ferret collapsed back against the pillow, a look of anguish on his face. "Fuck!" he exclaimed sadly. "I can't go anywhere like this!" He started sobbing a bit, the unpleasant sensations of having been anesthetized not sitting well with him, and causing his mind to reel a bit as he was bombarded all at once.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Take it easy," Anne said as she rubbed Tony's back. She pressed the call button on the wall.

"Can we get a nurse with an antiemetic agent?" she said into the microphone.

----------

Soren scowled. "I'll go speak to the others."

He then turned to Rose, Marita and Maria. "So who's paying?"

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Trust me," Emilena assured as she darted off into the blackness, "I've never been one to waste time..."

------------------------------------

"Yo muthafucka, is mah playas listenin ta me son?" Nairda cried, "This is serious muthafucka! How tha fuck is I supposed ta pick up chicks soundin like this?"

He marched up to the receptionist. "Let me peep Dr. Jiang at once!" he demanded, stomping his foot for emphasis. "Shiiit, dis aint no joke. That quack has fucked up hardcore!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we'll have to pool our credits' Marita said as the secretary handed them the bill her eyes widened ' half a million credits!" she whistled and looked at the others.. ' guys how many credits do we have?
_
 lets see' Marie said digging into her purse and pulling out a ' credits Counter" this scanned credits cards and displayed a readout of how many credits were on the card' Marita gave hers to Marie and she scanned it 37153; So under 400 dollars' 371 to be precise' Marie said. as she swiped her own. 21170. ok I have a little over 200 dollars. "Rose how about you?' marie said rose handed her hers..  but she barely had any credits 900' You have 9 bucks on you? thats it?' Marita said." and the clothes on me, yeah Rose admitted.
 so between the three of us we have 59223 credits, or just under 600 dollars Marie said. You need 50 grand' the secretary said..
_Please have a seat sir" the receptionist replied to Nairda.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony relaxed a bit as Anne called for antiemetic. Sighing miserably, the ferret closed his eyes. "I've never been anesthetized before... guess I'm not reacting well to it." he murmured. "God, my stomach... uggggh." he groaned, rubbing it with a paw.

He reached out, and clasped Anne's arm with his free paw, as if for support as he reopened his eyes. "Painkillers would be good too..." he mumbled, a rather ill look washing over his face. "Don't worry about my bill... my family can cover my end of things... I got a card for emergencies." he said, almost in agony. "Uggggh..." he groaned again, still gripping Anne. "Where's Axel?" he asked again, his words slurred.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A nurse came in with a tray containing painkillers and the antiemetic as well as a cup of water. Another nurse removed the garbage can to be cleaned up.

Anne shook her head as she wrinkled her nose at the odor of vomit that still hung in the room. "I haven't seen him since we arrived. I'll go ask Soren and the others."

She took a look at the bottle of painkillers. Non-narcotic. The mare made a note to go light up a joint as soon as she got the chance. She turned around and made a move to leave the room.

"Tony, will you be okay by yourself?"

---------

"I'm broke," Soren replied. He emptied his pockets. All that came out was a credit chit that he had swiped from the car he had stolen รณ and it had 150 credits. Just enough for a soda at a vending machine.

He watched as the door slid open and a Human with a glowing red eye went up to the receptionist.

---------

Doctor Tsing "Thomas" Jiang entered his office where Nairda was sitting. The doctor's blue electronic eyes bored into the Wolf. The doctor was a lean middle agd Chinese man who looked younger than his 44 years. A neutral expression was on his face as he temples his stainless steel prostheses on the table.

"Nairda," he said, his voice betraying his Hong Kong origins. "I need to speak to you about your non-payment."

Behind him were his diplomas from the schools he had attended as well as his (expired) Lanthae license to practice cybernetic surgery.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"No! Don't go!" Tony reached out for her, and then let his arm fall with another sigh. "I know I've held you guys up long enough but... I would appreciate the company." he said honestly, reaching out for the antiemetic and painkillers and took them, trying not to gag as his reflux acted up again.

Outside, Vergil eyed the approaching man with the red eye, keeping his orange eyes peeled for any further trouble. He'd been dozing when Axel had slipped out, and had woken up a few minutes ago.

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel sighed as Emilena ran off, then turned the gun over in his hands, making sure it was firmly secured into the holster. It was small, so at least it wouldn't be too obvious he suddenly had an extra pistol on him. Clipping the holster onto the side of his trousers, he pulled his top down to conceal it then walked out of the alley, emerging back out onto Rhode Way. He didn't have enough credits on him to order a taxi, but if he hurried, he could probably make it back in okay time.

Jogging down the pavement, he passed the decrepit-looking prostitute sitting in the gutter and smoking a cigarette. She spat at his feet when she saw him. "Found yer balls yet, little boy? I could help ya find 'em for half price..." Gasping, Axel picked up speed and ran around the corner, heading back to the clinic.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm going to go check with Tony' Marita said to the others as she went into the room where Tony was " Hi Tony" she smiled at the ferret ' thoght i'd  keep you company.. we have a problem Tony, the surgeries for you anne and nairda.. well they're going to cost 50 thousand, dollars not credits. and we have less than 1000 bucks on us. do you have enough money for to pay for it?" she asked as she sat down..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Nairda's eyes went wide and he sat straight. His apprehension betrayed his attempt to pretend he didn't recognize Dr. Jiang and have a past history.

"Yo ass did dis ta me biaaatch! I thought you was a phat doctor playa! How tha fuck could your fresh ass screw up so badly?" He yelped, trying and failing to sound indignant.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel eventually drew near the clinic. By now, the sun had risen high enough to reveal just how grungy Lanthae Square was. I can't believe they made a clinic here...  Casting his eyes towards the building, he saw with relief that the car and trailer were still parked outside. Staggering over, he leaned against the side of the trailer, trying to get his breath back and thinking of what to say. After a while, he walked over to the barred door, looking apprehensively at the camera as it swiveled over to him.

"Password?" a voice demanded.

Axel's mind blanked for a moment. "Ah... oh, Blue Screen!" The locks on the door disengaged with a clunk and it slid open. Taking a deep breath, Axel stepped into the spotless hallway, making his way down to the reception room. When he reached it he saw Vergil and Soren hanging around and walked over, raising a hand in greeting. "I'm back. Sorry I just vanished, I just... I needed to clear my head for a bit. Things were getting kind of, ah... overwhelming..." He grimaced and scratched his bandage, not meeting Soren's eyes. "Anyway, how... how are the others doing? Is Tony okay?"