The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 1584 · 112777

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Shut your damn mouth Mr. Almaya, I could have arrested you but I needed a lift out of town," she snapped. "This doesn't concern you."

She rounded on the newcomer, who continued to not be shooting her. "Every cop in the goddamn city is looking for us, what the hell is so important for your short-circuiting self to tell us now instead of once we're safely out of the city?! I expect an incredibly good answer or else I'll do everything in my power to find a sharp object and murder you with it!" To show her incredible frustration she spat on him.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Axel stared at the angry fox Soren had pulled out of the car, his mouth hanging open in confusion. "Who the hell are you?! Were you always back there?!" At least the wolf who she'd spat on didn't seem to be pointing his pistol at them anymore.

Around them, pedestrians on the sidewalk had started to stop and stare at them. From somewhere in the distance police sirens were wailing. This isn't good... He nudged Soren on the shoulder lightly. "I don't know what you've got going on with her... or why she was hiding from the cops in your trunk... but we're getting a lot of attention here. Attention's bad for us right now."

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
"That's a load of s---!" Soren grabbed Emelina by her uniform and dragged the Fox to her feet. "That was my car you were in!"

When he felt Axel's nudge, he scowled and pushed Emelina into the filthy ground. He got into his car and sighed. "She's the cop who tried beating me up when I first called to report my workshop was on fire."

He started the engine and lifted off. "Let's go pay Mr. Altyn a visit."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
marita had decided to contact emilena, since she hadnt heard from her since they had entered the strip club. ' she pulled out her computer ad started typing. she brought out the police website and soon located emilena's phone number
 she took out her phone and dialed the number. ' she held the phone to her ear and heard it ring.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Wait, she's a cop? But she's running from them?" Axel scratched his nose thoughtfully as Soren started the engine. "You don't look like you're on the best of terms with her, but... she might come in useful if we're trying to keep low. You know, with her connections."

As the car lifted up, Axel heard a faint ringing. It sounded like it was coming from the trunk. "Do you guys hear that?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian stirred in the trunk, eyes flicking open as he glanced around before is eyes settled on Emilena, his phone ringing in his pocket.  He smiled shyly, then leaned in and wrapped an arm around Emilena.
"Emilena...What happened?  I blacked out..."
He whispered.  Kojuuro grinned a little, flipping onto the car's roof.
"I was going to warn you both that the police are going after Mr. Almaya and Miss Emilena, actually..."
He chuckled...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Well, we knew that already, actually..." Emilena muttered through gritted teeth, practically seething, "as a matter of fact, we'd solved that problem before your butted your stupid--"

"You're on the run from the police too?" Asked Lily, who hadn't gotten in the car.

Emilena flashed her eyes at her. "I thought Sapaar preferred to be seen and not heard," she shot back.

Lily's gaze softened. In Emilena, she saw a lot of the emotions she'd felt yesterday; panic, fear, uncertainty, and a complete lack of help to turn to.

"Come with us," Lily offered. "We'll give you passage out of the city."

"You'll what--?" gasped Emilena.

Lily gave her friendliest smile. "I know what it's like to be on the run. I know how scary it is. Let's trade stories; maybe we can help each other."

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel leaned out of the car as it hovered slightly above the ground and leaned over Lily's shoulder. "Er... maybe we shouldn't be sharing much with this lady. She looks a little crazy," he whispered into her ear, grinning awkwardly at Emilena.

Movement in the corner of his eye caught Axel's attention, and he turned his head to see Adrian sitting up in the boot. He jumped slightly as he recognised him from his rooftop a few nights ago. "Oh, you're here too." Today had turned out to be such an odd day that he wasn't exactly surprised.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Kojuuro chuckled.
"Ah, so you're finally up.  I was starting to worry."
He joked, as Adrian glanced at him before turning his attention back to Emilena, patting her back reassuringly.
"Listen, Emi.  Right now we don't have any other choice but to take what we can for help and find out who or what is behind all this.  So for now, can you please put your grudge aside?  Otherwise, this is gonna get messy, and not in a good way."
He said, then, finally noticing his phone ringing, fished it out of the pocket of his pants, flipping it open.
"Adrian here.  What is it?"
He asked calmly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I'll put my grudge aside when he starts being helpful," Emilena folded her arms defiantly. "All he's done so far is point a gun at me and ruin what had been a perfectly executed stowaway. The Sapaar woman has been more helpful than anything he's done."

"Oh, I'm not Sapaar," blushed Lily. She took her hood off for a brief moment. "I'm in disguise. You see, I'm also on the run, though I don't know what crime I committed. My name is Lily."

She extended a hand, but Emilena drew back and began whispering with her accomplice. So Lily took the opportunity to have her own whispered side conversation with Axel. "No doubt I seemed crazy when you saved me in that alley. I practically was at that point, the lam will do things to do. I think this woman deserves the same chance you gave me."

Emilena, on the other hand, could barely restrain her excitement as she whispered with Adrian. "A fugitive...Mr. Almaya is working with a fugitive! This might be an excellent opportunity to gain the evidence needed to put him behind bars..."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian shook his head.
"Emi...I don't think the cops are going to listen to you after tonight.  Pretty sure we're both wanted just as much, if not more than Lily.  So, until proven otherwise, we should probably assume the cops aren't on our side..."
He whispered back, as Kojuuro looked over his shoulder, then tensed a little.
"As much as I hate to disrupt this little strategy meeting, I think I'm noticing Police vehicles coming.  I'd suggest we get moving, and quickly."
He said, reaching into his jacket for something...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well, sure you seemed crazy, but at least you didn't spit at me. How could I have resisted helping someone as cute as you, anyway? If I remember right, you were pointing a shotgun at me." Axel gave Lily a small smile, then sighed. "Just be careful around them, okay?"

His ears pricked up when he heard Kojuuro speak. Leaning back into the car, Axel called up to the driver's seat. "Soren, the police are on their way. We letting them in?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marita then switched to adrians cell phone and typed in the number. she heard the phone ring, and waited for a response.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren scowled. "After what she--" he thrust a gloved finger at Emilina "--did to me after I called the cops, I have half a mind to leave her here and let the cops deal with her!"

The sound of sirens grew closer, making him glance over his shoulder. He had enough bad experiences with the cops. He sighed. "Fine, I'll take you to the city limits. But no further!"

He opened the passenger side door for Axel.

----------------

Aaron swirled a glass of water as he sat at the local dive bar. Compared to the slightly classier -- and overtly erotic -- setting of Electric Sheep, this bar -- Club De Kard -- had a decor that was best described as industrial. Benches and bar tops made from piles of girders welded together, chairs made from rebar and scrap metal sculptures made of concrete scrap and the like.

The German Shepherd sipped the water and sighed. He had overheard the supervisor considering firing him and hiring an Augment instead.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena spared a glance at Kojuuro. "Great. Now, if the Spanish Inquisition doesn't mind, Adrian and I will resume our hiding place in the trunk."

She climbed under the tarp without another word to anyone.

"You are of course welcome to come with us to the city limits as well," Lily added to Kojuuro. It would be the height of rudeness to offer a ride to one runaway but not another.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Its Marita. Could you put Emilena on? Marita asked. ' We've been trying to get a hold of you guys for some time, but the police files say she doesn't have a cell phone, so we tried yours." marita added as she climbed on the guest bed in maries room.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena grabbed the phone from Adrian's phone. "Broadstreet! I've befriended Mr. Almaya, he's accepted me into his circle of acquaintance!" she whispered excitedly. "It'll be child's play to get the dirt we need to arrest him!"

----------------------------

"We need all the help we can get," Lily said, climbing into the car.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
' alright broadstreet replied, his voice clearly showing impatience. ' my clock here says you have 16 hours 32 minutes and 7 seconds to get him to police headquarters. time running out Emilena. Either you get him to headquarters, or your fired, with loss of rank pay and benefits."
 broadstreet rang off and another call came through  Emilena? this is Marita" Marita replied. " We're holed up at maries for the night, where are you guys?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren looked around. His hands sweated as he looked around. "Axel and the other guy, we might wanna hurry."

He silently prayed that the Purifiers weren't waiting for him when he got home. He had heard about their tactics: destroying Augments' property, harassment, home protests and outright violence.

(OOC - should we wait for Starfall and bushwacked?)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"You don't have to tell me twice," Axel said, hopping up into the car. The police sirens, cutting the air with their piercing screeches, sounded just around the corner. He left the door open behind him for Kojuuro.

--------------------------

A small man sat at the bar of the Club De Kard, rocking a shot glass of vodka and watching a TV resting in the corner, in which a recently appointed politician was speaking into the camera. An augmented politician. The man ran a hand through his greasy hair and cracked his jaw. "World's gone f----n' mad..." he muttered under his breath as he down the vodka and raised his hand for another.

He felt a presence in the room, and when he turned he saw a German Shepard slouching into his seat across the room. The man smiled slightly. He was always good at being able to read others, and this guy...

He got up and strode across the room, holding his shot glass, and stopped on the other side of the bench from the German Shepard. "Mind if I take a seat here?"