The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Humanized LBT

Dalekdino · 614 · 129617

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Mar 23 2014 on  10:31 AM

I'm happy to say saw only a clip that was used as a comparison, along with one other that was used in an AMV. Every other exposure I've had to that show was in the original. You should check out the original. It IS actually good. I never knew that. Yeah, some dubs are good, and some....well, after watching them, you'll be unhappy that you wasted your time. Some aren't nearly that bad, though. Both a quite popular, too, and actually have pretty good plots.

Yeah, I could see that. She seems like that kind of girl, after all. That's true. It works, too, though seeing as how Spike's ALWAYS got something in his mouth.
Oh yes I have seen the original Japanese version of TMM, you may have seen on D-art I've done some drawings and crossovers of that show.
I fairly enjoyed it but I did have some problems with it, but I'd rather not go into that. If die hard fans heard some of the things I think of it and some of the characters they'd be after me in angry mobs!
But on a good note it boosted my like for anime and some of the female characters a very cute:) One of which I loosely based my human version of Ducky off.
I've actually seen A LOT of my favourite media in other languages.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Mar 23 2014 on  06:03 AM
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Mar 23 2014 on  10:31 AM

I'm happy to say saw only a clip that was used as a comparison, along with one other that was used in an AMV. Every other exposure I've had to that show was in the original. You should check out the original. It IS actually good. I never knew that. Yeah, some dubs are good, and some....well, after watching them, you'll be unhappy that you wasted your time. Some aren't nearly that bad, though. Both a quite popular, too, and actually have pretty good plots.

Yeah, I could see that. She seems like that kind of girl, after all. That's true. It works, too, though seeing as how Spike's ALWAYS got something in his mouth.
Oh yes I have seen the original Japanese version of TMM, you may have seen on D-art I've done some drawings and crossovers of that show.
I fairly enjoyed it but I did have some problems with it, but I'd rather not go into that. If die hard fans heard some of the things I think of it and some of the characters they'd be after me in angry mobs!
But on a good note it boosted my like for anime and some of the female characters a very cute:) One of which I loosely based my human version of Ducky off.
I've actually seen A LOT of my favourite media in other languages.
Ah, I DID notice those drawings, but didn't know you had seen it. Yeah, magical girl animes are lovely, but they DO have a few problems. I'm glad it helped inspire your LBT humanized version. Well, I'd love to do that. Especially Disney movies in Japanese. And TV series.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ahh, sweet :smile I think that Ducky would be more of a dress person rather than wearing jeans or hotpants. Spike sucking his thump fits him very well indeed :)

Anyway, did you know that in japan the LBT is just plane and simply called "Littlefoot". I remember when I first got into it I just called it Littlefoot until I learn the proper name.
Lol, I can SO relate to that :DD Used to call it Littlefoot all the time, still do sometimes.
I've seen the LBT films in a lot of other languages, some are good (the Japanese and German dubs) but some really not soo good( French, Dutch and Russian dubs)
Being German, I can only confirm that the German dub is very well done. Dunno about the others... only that the russian dub is bad indeed...
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Mar 23 2014 on  11:54 AM

Ah, I DID notice those drawings, but didn't know you had seen it. Yeah, magical girl animes are lovely, but they DO have a few problems. I'm glad it helped inspire your LBT humanized version. Well, I'd love to do that. Especially Disney movies in Japanese. And TV series.
Yes I'll admit I think TMM has it problems. E.G. The animation is very poor in some episodes (mainly in the last episode) and I've noticed a ton of animation errors. (just like the LBT TV show) There some really stupid filler episodes. The writing is be a bit lame here and there.
Another thing that bugged me was the really stupidly long transformation scenes (same thing in Sailor Moon).
Did they really have to make them soo long? I also get pervy vibes from them as the girls are erm.. Nude when they start transforming, and their only in their early teens and one of them is only 10! If I had been the big cheese of the show I would have had short alternative versions of the transformations  made.
But yeah on the upside I find the girls very cute, and like I said TMM (and pokemon) boosted my like for anime and inspired me to draw humans anime style. I also quite like the background music from TMM too, as do I like the LBT score:)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Mar 23 2014 on  12:53 PM

Ahh, sweet :smile I think that Ducky would be more of a dress person rather than wearing jeans or hotpants. Spike sucking his thump fits him very well indeed :)

Yes I can't picture human Ducky in trousers they just wouldn't suite her, so that's why I but her in a short dress with leggings. And in this drawings case a nightdress.  

Being German, I can only confirm that the German dub is very well done. Dunno about the others... only that the Russian dub is bad indeed...

Yes I've seen the Russian dub of the TV show and it's real bad, I mean Chomper is voiced by a grown man and he's meant to be the youngest of the gang! I've also heard the Russian version of It takes all sorts and Ali, Littlefoot and Cera were all voiced by the same person and sounded very silly. I also heard it takes all sorts in Dutch, it was ok until I heard Petrie's voiced who sounded like Gonzo from the Muppets been strangled. I saw the French dub of the first film not too long ago, and what really bugged me was in the scene were Cera comes across Sharptooth in the cave, she seemed to have become temporally mute as she makes no sounds at all, doesn't even scream when she sees Sharptooth is still alive. What kind of cheap dubbing is that!?

Now the German dub I liked, for one thing they got young actors to voice Littlefoot, Cera and Ducky like the original. Sure some of the acting wasn't brilliant in some parts, I class it was the best dub of the franchise I've seen so far.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

This is sort of based off Cera birth scene from the start of the 1st LBT film, were Cera is running around with her sisters with only her legs sticking out of the egg.
I've also made human versions of Cera's 3 sisters, who along with her mum are never seen or referenced again in the sequels.
Yeah like a lot of fans I wonder what ever happened to them!?
I had an idea that while my human version of Cera is a tomboy, her sisters are girly girls.
Here young Human Cera (5 years old) and her 3 sisters is playing catch me if you can with her 3 unnamed sisters.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Awwwww! How CUUUUTE! I bet some happy parents are watching off screen. I love how only one has different hair from the rest. Yeah, I'd love to hear some confirmation on what happened to them. It'd be nice to know. I mean, we can gather that Cera lost her mother and sisters, the got Tria as a stepmother and Tricia as a half-sister, but there was an in-between and context would help very much in that regard.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cute designs :) I like how you varied every sister a bit. Different hair, cloths, shoes etc :)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Mar 24 2014 on  03:32 PM
Awwwww! How CUUUUTE! I bet some happy parents are watching off screen. I love how only one has different hair from the rest. Yeah, I'd love to hear some confirmation on what happened to them. It'd be nice to know. I mean, we can gather that Cera lost her mother and sisters, the got Tria as a stepmother and Tricia as a half-sister, but there was an in-between and context would help very much in that regard.
Thanks :smile  Real glad you like the designs. I thought I'd given one of them orange hair to represent Cera and her sisters orange skin.
I find it hard to picture Cera's dad happy. I said before I won't be humanizing Topsy in a hurry. If I ever did I picture him as a middle aged guy with grey hair, dressed in black and maybe have a scar on his face, and have an ugly mug too :lol
Yes it still winds me up today that they never implied what happened to Cera's real mum and sisters. Maybe their fate is in the deleted scenes...
The 11th film would have been a good opportunity to fill us in with what happened to them what with Cera getting a step mum and all. Oh but no...
The writers really weren't that creative at times when you thing about it..  
As I said before if I had been the big chesses of the first film I would have shown that both her mum and sisters are alive and well when they reach the great valley. But still bring in Tria and Tricia later on. Also Ducky and Petrie's dad's are never around, and God only knows what happened to Spikes real parents.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Mar 25 2014 on  07:08 AM
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Mar 24 2014 on  03:32 PM
Thanks :smile  Real glad you like the designs. I thought I'd given one of them orange hair to represent Cera and her sisters orange skin.
I find it hard to picture Cera's dad happy. I said before I won't be humanizing Topsy in a hurry. If I ever did I picture him as a middle aged guy with grey hair, dressed in black and maybe have a scar on his face, and have an ugly mug too :lol
Yes it still winds me up today that they never implied what happened to Cera's real mum and sisters. Maybe their fate is in the deleted scenes...
The 11th film would have been a good opportunity to fill us in with what happened to them what with Cera getting a step mum and all. Oh but no...
The writers really weren't that creative at times when you thing about it..  
As I said before if I had been the big chesses of the first film I would have shown that both her mum and sisters are alive and well when they reach the great valley. But still bring in Tria and Tricia later on. Also Ducky and Petrie's dad's are never around, and God only knows what happened to Spikes real parents.
He's been happy a few rare occasions, though not for very long. Makes sense. That'd make sense, too. I mean, even though, Topsy's shown to be happy rarely, he's still more of a fighter than anything else, so I could imagine him fighting for his family, and even being trained in how to by hos father, so a scar would actually fit. He also seems to be middle-aged, at least in the sequels. Yeah, I'd really love to know what happened. though, it'd be really nice to get some input from the original creators of the first movie to see what the plan was, there. So would I. And maybe Tria making friends with Cera, her sisters and her mom. I've noticed that. That's probably why Petrie's so close to his uncle, honestly. I'd be interested to know what happened to Spike's parents, though it's possible they got killed by a Sharptooth. Only the creators know, though. I wish they'd share this info with the fans, though. Really, if they could just tie up those loose ends somehow, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

This is based off a scene during the beyond the mysterious beyond song in the 7th LBT film, where Littlefoot and the rainbow faces are sort of in outer space.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Mar 25 2014 on  12:48 PM

He's been happy a few rare occasions, though not for very long. Makes sense. That'd make sense, too. I mean, even though, Topsy's shown to be happy rarely, he's still more of a fighter than anything else, so I could imagine him fighting for his family, and even being trained in how to by hos father, so a scar would actually fit. He also seems to be middle-aged, at least in the sequels. Yeah, I'd really love to know what happened. though, it'd be really nice to get some input from the original creators of the first movie to see what the plan was, there. So would I. And maybe Tria making friends with Cera, her sisters and her mom. I've noticed that. That's probably why Petrie's so close to his uncle, honestly. I'd be interested to know what happened to Spike's parents, though it's possible they got killed by a Sharptooth. Only the creators know, though. I wish they'd share this info with the fans, though. Really, if they could just tie up those loose ends somehow, that'd be greatly appreciated.
I have 2 theory's of what my have happened to Cera's mum and sisters, one they didn't make it and erm... Died in the great earth-shake. Or her mum had a big fall out what with Topy's been the miserable git that he is, and left with her 3 sisters but Cera chose to stay with her dad. Also Cera must have a REALLY older off screen sibling as the annoying Dana and Dinah are her niece and nephew. Seriously what were the writers thinking making them her niece and nephew when Cera is still a youngster herself? At first I thought they were her cousins or something. Yes I'd have Tria a and Tricia  arrive as new comers to the great valley and Tria is an old childhood friend of Topy and Cera's mum. And Cera befriends Tricia and becomes a sister figure to her.
I have a nasty feeling Spikes real parents are...Gone...
You know I think the 8th film would have been a good opportunity to introduce Spike's real parents what with the hard of spike-tails coming to the valley.
That's what I would have done instead of the snow plot and Ducky been winey and out of character. Yeah the 8th film is pretty much my 3rd least favourite film in the series...

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Mar 26 2014 on  06:37 AM
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Mar 25 2014 on  12:48 PM

I have 2 theory's of what my have happened to Cera's mum and sisters, one they didn't make it and erm... Died in the great earth-shake. Or her mum had a big fall out what with Topy's been the miserable git that he is, and left with her 3 sisters but Cera chose to stay with her dad. Also Cera must have a REALLY older off screen sibling as the annoying Dana and Dinah are her niece and nephew. Seriously what were the writers thinking making them her niece and nephew when Cera is still a youngster herself? At first I thought they were her cousins or something. Yes I'd have Tria a and Tricia  arrive as new comers to the great valley and Tria is an old childhood friend of Topy and Cera's mum. And Cera befriends Tricia and becomes a sister figure to her.
I have a nasty feeling Spikes real parents are...Gone...
You know I think the 8th film would have been a good opportunity to introduce Spike's real parents what with the hard of spike-tails coming to the valley.
That's what I would have done instead of the snow plot and Ducky been winey and out of character. Yeah the 8th film is pretty much my 3rd least favourite film in the series...
Yeah, most likely one or the other. That's one reason I don't like the 6th movie. It explains nothing but the plot, which is, what? I could see that, and Tricia becoming a member of the team. That's what I figure. Probably from Sharpteeth. Yeah, I mean, they had a little something, but why not have a theory, or go into it a little more. And, I DO agree, it was great that they had Ducky express anger, but that could've been done without changing her whole personality.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Mar 26 2014 on  04:21 PM

Yeah, most likely one or the other. That's one reason I don't like the 6th movie. It explains nothing but the plot, which is, what? I could see that, and Tricia becoming a member of the team. That's what I figure. Probably from Sharpteeth. Yeah, I mean, they had a little something, but why not have a theory, or go into it a little more. And, I DO agree, it was great that they had Ducky express anger, but that could've been done without changing her whole personality.
If I had been the big cheese of the 6th film I would have omitted Dana and Dinah,  a few re-writes and the film would have been better off without them. Or made them Cera's cousins, have them talk properly and actually appreciate Cera like Tricia, and not just fart around and get on her wick and get her in trouble off her dad.  Also in the 8th film I would have omitted the mad song, I can't stand it. Can't believe my least favourite song was sung by my favourite character. I also call bull-crap on the idea the Cera is sort of the bad guy in that film. Like she said to Ducky, she just told Ducky to express her feelings (in a dreadful song) and Ducky just over did it, so it was Ducky's own ruddy fault from my POV.  
Yes I would liked to have seen Cera interact more with Tricia in the TV show.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Mar 27 2014 on  10:06 AM
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Mar 26 2014 on  04:21 PM

If I had been the big cheese of the 6th film I would have omitted Dana and Dinah,  a few re-writes and the film would have been better off without them. Or made them Cera's cousins, have them talk properly and actually appreciate Cera like Tricia, and not just fart around and get on her wick and get her in trouble off her dad.  Also in the 8th film I would have omitted the mad song, I can't stand it. Can't believe my least favourite song was sung by my favourite character. I also call bull-crap on the idea the Cera is sort of the bad guy in that film. Like she said to Ducky, she just told Ducky to express her feelings (in a dreadful song) and Ducky just over did it, so it was Ducky's own ruddy fault from my POV.  
Yes I would liked to have seen Cera interact more with Tricia in the TV show.
Sadly, not all siblings or even kids are like Tricia. However, I WOULD change it so they're cousins. Them being her niece and nephew made no sense, whatsoever. Or even possibly have them shown only rarely throughout the film, and have an adult watching them off screen. I agree. The songs's....not good. And they kinda kept Cera TOO in-character. More like her dad. Not good. Really, Mr. Thicknose was the only good thing about 8, at all. Honestly, I think they overdid the whole, "Ducky gets mad for the first time" thing, mainly by making Cera more like her dad at some points, when teaching Ducky. Not good. I've never seen the TV series, but I've seen clips, and read about some of the episodes, but I'd like to see it. Really, I think it'd be nice if they made Tricia stand out more in general.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Mar 27 2014 on  04:40 PM

Sadly, not all siblings or even kids are like Tricia. However, I WOULD change it so they're cousins. Them being her niece and nephew made no sense, whatsoever. Or even possibly have them shown only rarely throughout the film, and have an adult watching them off screen. I agree. The songs's....not good. And they kinda kept Cera TOO in-character. More like her dad. Not good. Really, Mr. Thicknose was the only good thing about 8, at all. Honestly, I think they overdid the whole, "Ducky gets mad for the first time" thing, mainly by making Cera more like her dad at some points, when teaching Ducky. Not good. I've never seen the TV series, but I've seen clips, and read about some of the episodes, but I'd like to see it. Really, I think it'd be nice if they made Tricia stand out more in general.
You've not seen the TV show.. Well your not missing much. The animation is dreadful! And writing is very poor too. It also has some really bad songs, as well as reprises of one from the films. One thing that bugs me is that they very  properly explained how Chomper and Ruby came to the great valley and the residents let them stay. I'm not sure if I'll ever humanize Ruby. I don't hate her, it's just she's not a character I grew up with and can't really think of a fitting deign for her...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Beyond the Mysterious Beyond is a great song :yes Glad you choose that scene.

You've not seen the TV show.. Well your not missing much. The animation is dreadful! And writing is very poor too. It also has some really bad songs, as well as reprises of one from the films. One thing that bugs me is that they very properly explained how Chomper and Ruby came to the great valley and the residents let them stay. I'm not sure if I'll ever humanize Ruby. I don't hate her, it's just she's not a character I grew up with and can't really think of a fitting deign for her...
Though you could still watch it to either verify those point or falsify them. Yes, the animation isn't the yellow of the egg, the songs (most of them at least) are pretty bad and the lack of explanation about Ruby's arrival can't be argued against but there are still some really good episodes. You should at least watch them before you judge them off what many people write about it, CeratheRed :)

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Mar 28 2014 on  10:54 AM
Beyond the Mysterious Beyond is a great song :yes Glad you choose that scene.

You've not seen the TV show.. Well your not missing much. The animation is dreadful! And writing is very poor too. It also has some really bad songs, as well as reprises of one from the films. One thing that bugs me is that they very properly explained how Chomper and Ruby came to the great valley and the residents let them stay. I'm not sure if I'll ever humanize Ruby. I don't hate her, it's just she's not a character I grew up with and can't really think of a fitting deign for her...
Though you could still watch it to either verify those point or falsify them. Yes, the animation isn't the yellow of the egg, the songs (most of them at least) are pretty bad and the lack of explanation about Ruby's arrival can't be argued against but there are still some really good episodes. You should at least watch them before you judge them off what many people write about it, CeratheRed :)
There IS one episode I REALLY wanna see, and I actually find Ruby (from what I've read, and one clip) to be a fascinating character. I WOULD like to see it, actually.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There IS one episode I REALLY wanna see, and I actually find Ruby (from what I've read, and one clip) to be a fascinating character. I WOULD like to see it, actually.
She is :yes At first I thought: Ehh, new character? Won't work. I watched it and now she's among my top ten characters :lol

If you wanna download the episodes in good quality, I might be able to give you a link :)

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Mar 28 2014 on  03:43 PM
She is :yes At first I thought: Ehh, new character? Won't work. I watched it and now she's among my top ten characters :lol

If you wanna download the episodes in good quality, I might be able to give you a link :)
That'd be very nice of you. I admit, I AM curious since I never even knew there WAS one for the longest time.