The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When did you first discover Land Before Time?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Myself, I want to say my parents got it for me when I was about 6 or so, though it may have been earlier.  I got Great Valley Adventure first though.   I remember I watched the original too back in first grade (this was in school back before the evil Bothteeth started this horrible thing called Common Core.)  In fact, I recall I was rather traumatized in first grade as I saw both the original movie and Charlotte's Web in first grade and the deaths of Mama Longneck and Charlotte left me rather traumatized.

Anyway, I think it I saw 2 first then 1, then 3 and 4 (where, for some odd reason, I villain worshiped Dil and Ichy.) and even then thought that Littlefoot and Ali should get married.  I loved the Friends for Dinner song in film V and also even then loved Chomper.   In film VI, I liked it a lot more than I do now (as I now think the Lone Ranger and Land Before Time shouldn't mix that well and also it just seems odd, that one.)

I recall never seeing VII because of its title and fearing, you know, that whole comet makes the dinosaurs go extinct thing, that that might be what happens at the end of the episode.  Boy was that a big mistake on my part, as Stone of Cold Fire is now one of my favorites.

Well, after that, I drifted away from it for a very long time, perhaps afraid to go back for whatever reason, and saw that Journey to Big Water and Great Longneck Migration came out but missed Big Freeze, Invasions of the Tinysaursues, Great Day of the Flyers, and Wisdom of Friends.  I think I did hear there was a TV Series, but, being in high school at the time, didn't think much of it.

I had been into Harry Potter after my Land Before Time phase.  At the end of the Potter phase, as Deathly Hallows came out, I started to go into my Happy Feet phase.    That's pretty much over now.  At one point, I went into a Star Wars phase after that, but that's also mostly over, though I can't wait to see the new trilogy!  

After that, I rediscovered Rikki-tikki-tavi, and have been writing a short story and some novel sequels to that.

One day a few months ago, I decided to watch the original Land Before Time again after all of these years of being apart.  I LOVED it and have watched all of the films (as I don't really have them anymore or as they were on video which is now hard to play as they don't make VCRs anymore really, I watched them all online.  Also, I watched the TV Series online.)  So, now I'm back into Land Before Time again.  Can't wait to see movie XIV and if I ever have kids, I'm going to show them all the Land Before Time stuff.  

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
There already exists a thread that discusses this topic, which can be found here.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Mmmm when I was about 5 or 6 I'd say. Parents bought I-V. Branched off later on from there at different points. I posted about this elsewhere xD

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
My mum rented it for me when I was 4, as she knew I loved dinosaurs.