For the month of November we have a new character showcase.  Please warmly welcome Hyp, Mutt, and Nod as they show us why it is good to be big!  The character showcase topic for this month can be found here.

Also keep in mind that the forum fanfiction awards is now open.  If you have submitted stories to the fanfic awards then please feel cordially invited to submit your reviews.  The review topic and list of submitted stories can be found here.

New eps?

Highsoar

  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • *
    • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
I think I've finally seen all the eps that've shown on Cartoon network...anyone know when more new eps will be shown?


pokeplayer984

  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • *
    • Posts: 6839
    • View Profile
So far, it doesn't look like we're going to get any.  I've been very patient with CN, but this is getting ridiculous.  There is absolutely NO reason to be doing what they're doing.  Come on, CN, we in the US want some new eps! :mad


Petrie.

  • Hatchling
  • *
    • Posts: 0
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The kid channels are all dimwits...Nick, Disney Channel, CN...there's a reason I stay far away from them.  They're horrid in programming.


novaflare

  • Spike
  • *
    • Posts: 300
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,May 6 2007 on  11:15 AM
The kid channels are all dimwits...Nick, Disney Channel, CN...there's a reason I stay far away from them.  They're horrid in programming.
Lol i know and cartoon network has a bad history for  no longer showing a series that is not cancled and is infact doing great in ratings. Firs time in my experiance was beast machines 2nd season. They aired no eps while ytv aired all and allowed a viewer to post online for non canadian audioances. Secound was first gundam wing series. Next time was with .hacksign and now we have land before time. Universal was quite pleased with ctn and wanted to have their series aired their. And now we are left wonderign when if ever new eps will air here in the us.

Why ctn does this who the heck knows they are most assuradly idiots though.


Petrie.

  • Hatchling
  • *
    • Posts: 0
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
They also reshow a lot of the crummy Scooby Doo things created in the past few years.  You want to impress someone, show the pre-Scrappy era. :yes


novaflare

  • Spike
  • *
    • Posts: 300
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,May 6 2007 on  08:44 PM
They also reshow a lot of the crummy Scooby Doo things created in the past few years.  You want to impress someone, show the pre-Scrappy era. :yes
heh got to love scooby. Ill tell you some of the newer scooby movies are crazy good in animation area.

But yeh ctn is to pigish when comes to money. Wich is suprising considering ytv is a affiliate and are the total opisite.


DarkHououmon

  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • *
    • Posts: 7194
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote
The kid channels are all dimwits...Nick, Disney Channel, CN...there's a reason I stay far away from them. They're horrid in programming.

"Dimwits"?

I like Nickelodeon, ToonDisney, and Cartoon Network. I don't really see what's so wrong about them. They aren't bad, really.


Nick22

  • Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
  • *
    • Posts: 41087
    • View Profile
Scooby Doo, really needs a girlfriend :P:  the only thing they haven't tried is "Scooby Doo JR" :lol:
As for new episodes, they'll be just like the previous 13, out of order. Plus there's a sEason 2 listed on the Tv.com page for LBT, of course, there are no conformed eepisodes for Season 2 yet...
Winner of these:


Runner up for these:




novaflare

  • Spike
  • *
    • Posts: 300
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 6 2007 on  09:22 PM
Quote
The kid channels are all dimwits...Nick, Disney Channel, CN...there's a reason I stay far away from them. They're horrid in programming.

"Dimwits"?

I like Nickelodeon, ToonDisney, and Cartoon Network. I don't really see what's so wrong about them. They aren't bad, really.
No they just got a bad habit of cancling shows that do well in ratings because one of the higher ups dont like a show or somethign who knows why. Maybe they plan on airing fewer eps per season than a full season to have more for sure years. I emailed them 3 times to ask no response.


Nick22

  • Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
  • *
    • Posts: 41087
    • View Profile
It would be nice if they moved LBt to a later time.. so I don't have to get up at 8 in the morning to watch it..
Winner of these:


Runner up for these:




Petrie.

  • Hatchling
  • *
    • Posts: 0
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 6 2007 on  08:22 PM
Quote
The kid channels are all dimwits...Nick, Disney Channel, CN...there's a reason I stay far away from them. They're horrid in programming.

"Dimwits"?

I like Nickelodeon, ToonDisney, and Cartoon Network. I don't really see what's so wrong about them. They aren't bad, really.
I just don't agree with their programming choices, and I don't really know who greenlighted the projects you can find on these stations (I'll shove one out--that Brandy and Mr. Whiskers).  I guess when you grow up with the old Disney Afternoon in the early 90s its hard to like what you've seen some other cartoons become.


Nick, I've seen LBT on a couple of times around 10am.


DarkHououmon

  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • *
    • Posts: 7194
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

action9000

  • Member+
  • Cera
  • *
    • Posts: 5742
    • View Profile
Quote
I just don't agree with their programming choices, and I don't really know who greenlighted the projects you can find on these stations (I'll shove one out--that Brandy and Mr. Whiskers). I guess when you grow up with the old Disney Afternoon in the early 90s its hard to like what you've seen some other cartoons become.
I assume that when you say you grew up with the old Disney shows, that you imply that other shows were involved too.  I grew up to those 90s shows, too.  Shows like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles, and to a lesser extent, shows like Blake and Mortimer, The Tick, Animaniacs, the Warner Bros shows, The Head (now that was a weird cartoon, but entertaining nonetheless).

Disney wasn't the only game in town for youth television, not by a long shot.  I don't like to call today's cartoons "Bad" but I will agree that they are very different when we're used to the 90s cartoons.  I haven't watched a lot of the newer cartoons so I can't offer a strong arguement about them.  Whether or not they're truly "better" or "worse" is primarily subjective.  If you grew up on the shows of today, they may seem as normal as our shows did back in the 90s.


novaflare

  • Spike
  • *
    • Posts: 300
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,May 8 2007 on  05:54 PM
Quote
I just don't agree with their programming choices, and I don't really know who greenlighted the projects you can find on these stations (I'll shove one out--that Brandy and Mr. Whiskers). I guess when you grow up with the old Disney Afternoon in the early 90s its hard to like what you've seen some other cartoons become.
I assume that when you say you grew up with the old Disney shows, that you imply that other shows were involved too.  I grew up to those 90s shows, too.  Shows like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles, and to a lesser extent, shows like Blake and Mortimer, The Tick, Animaniacs, the Warner Bros shows, The Head (now that was a weird cartoon, but entertaining nonetheless).

Disney wasn't the only game in town for youth television, not by a long shot.  I don't like to call today's cartoons "Bad" but I will agree that they are very different when we're used to the 90s cartoons.  I haven't watched a lot of the newer cartoons so I can't offer a strong arguement about them.  Whether or not they're truly "better" or "worse" is primarily subjective.  If you grew up on the shows of today, they may seem as normal as our shows did back in the 90s.
Well alot of todays "cartoons" Are little more than brain rottign drivel with no substance. Disney had a few good aniamted series back in the day Gargoyles tail spin i almost forgot about rescue rangers. In non disney fair you also had shows like the original transformers zone riders the original gi joe all with nice involved story lines that went on for a season or some times even 2 or 3. Now we got little more than badly done spin offs of old shows. Things like the new scooby doo or the new transformers where if it has a story line its next to impossible to follow. Then you got garbage like billi and mandi how ever you spell it that is pure brain rot toilet humor. These shows get new eps all the time on ctn while a good show one parents can at the vbery least sit through like lbt the series get poor treatment no adverts to speak of etc.

Why is this why does ctn go out of their way to splater adverts for trash like billy and mandi while lbt gets no advert love at all?

edit to add

Just wanted to add that if any one was offended by the brain rot comment i dont mean to offend. I watch these more or less sotryless shows as well. Im more iritated by the fact that ctn is airing more and more of these sorts of shows while axing the story line driven ones where you need to think about the story a fair bit.


Petrie.

  • Hatchling
  • *
    • Posts: 0
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Some people just don't like change sometimes...I'm one of them. :p  Both of you added things I didn't think of, but that about sums it up.  Its just not what I'm interested in seeing I guess.


DarkHououmon

  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • *
    • Posts: 7194
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Well changes will happen. You can't expect things to stay the same all the time.


Petrie.

  • Hatchling
  • *
    • Posts: 0
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 8 2007 on  08:18 PM
Well changes will happen. You can't expect things to stay the same all the time.
That's true, and I don't watch the shows, so its not like I'm going out and giving these shows bad reps.  This is the first time I've even said anything about them come to think of it, and I'll just leave it at the fact they aren't my taste.

All the Disney Afternoon stuff can be had on DVD anyway so I can simply keep watching what I like.


prehistorian

  • Ruby
  • *
    • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
From what I've been able to gather off the Internet, my guess is that since 13 of 26 episodes have been shown, Cartoon Network is waiting for some predetermined time (maybe next year?) to show the other 13.


TheNumberOneShmuck

  • Spike
  • *
    • Posts: 383
    • View Profile
Actually, only twelve episodes have been shown, which makes me that much angrier.