News:

Author Topic: What operating system are you using  (Read 3116 times)

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
What operating system are you using
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 09:52:57 AM »
I use Windows 10, although my laptop originally came with 8.1, and I'm often sure I shouldn't have upgraded. Things have mostly been okay since I upgraded, although I do have issues every once in a while.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

LeventeII

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 02:30:53 PM »
I own many hard disks with different operating systems. I use my Windows 7 with 32-bit the most. Until recently I had 64-bit, but a lot of old games like "Rayman" or "Wings of Glory" don't run with 64-bit.
With 32-bit I can use the Dosbox at least.
But It also has disadvantages with 32-bit admittedly. I actually have 6 GB Ram, but Only about 3 GB can be used. Moreover, many moderns games and Programs are incompatible. But these are usually Editors or other larger Programs which I'm only using seldom.

Hypno

• GoF's resident Sharptooth fan
  • Member+
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2018, 10:55:02 PM »
I've had my laptop for almost six years, came with Windows 7 but I upgraded to 10 last year.
Formally known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

I'm a big LBT fan and have seen all movies and TV series episodes. I'm currently working on a modern analysis of the deleted scenes in The Land Before Time, as new discoveries have been made in the last few years.
I love sharpteeth, especially the Horned Sharptooth, the Plated Sharptooth/Plates and the original Sharptooth.
I'm an admin on The Land Before Time Wiki, particularly the "Sharptooth admin" I suppose you could say.

Runner up

Ducky123

• I like cute things!
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2018, 11:03:47 AM »
Win 10 on my laptop too
mostly inactive due to exam preparation. Includes my creative work in particular which is entirely on hiatus. Hit me on discord if you need something, I'm more active there :)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2018, 09:56:09 PM »
Well, I use all three:

- my main is an imac with High Sierra on it
- my portable laptop for work/travel has Bodhi Linux
- my old workhouse laptop (7 years old at this point) is a triple boot between Windows 10, Bodhi Linux, and Linux Mint 18

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Re: What operating system are you using
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2018, 11:11:22 AM »
I got a new laptop as a college graduation gift a few weeks ago, and it obviously would have Windows 10 on it. I reset my old laptop back to Windows 8.1, since upgrading that to 10 was a huge mistake that I regretted until it was undone. So now that I have both 8.1 and 10, I feel like I have more creative control over my computer stuff. Take that, Microsoft! I use my new Windows 10 laptop primarily for PC gaming, while my old Windows 8.1 laptop is used for projects like artwork and fanfiction. I wanted to create some sort of balance between them. The new one has 8 GB of RAM, while the old one has 4.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 08:45:47 AM »
I'd had Windows 8.1 for the past 3-4 years, but this new laptop came with a build of Windows 10.
It wasn't as bad an OS as I'd envisioned. Has a few minor quirks, but nothing you can't fix by messing with good 'ol Windows Registry. :^^spike
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

RubberDucky

• A Mo Fan Too
  • Member+
  • You should not eat talking trees. Nope, nope, nope
    • View Profile
    • Odie's Ocean on Wordpress
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2018, 07:21:12 PM »
My main machine is a laptop with a triple-boot of Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, and Arch Linux (along with a virtual Windows XP machine in VirtualBox).
Pinkie Pie is best pony, yep yep yep! :duckyhappy My favorite LBT sequel is LBT V. :chompysmile
My thelandbeforetime.org username is Ducky. :Mo

Littlefoot505

• AKA Durango Thunderfoot
  • The Circle
  • Rest in Peace, Shane, Oct. 24, 1998 - May 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2018, 12:33:04 AM »
My main laptop is a triple-boot with Windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Q4OS Linux 2.6.
I also just got my hands on an old laptop (about 12 years old; originally had XP) that I wiped and installed Bodhi Linux 5.0 on.

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely."