News:

Author Topic: Fanfiction Prompt Challenge Discussion  (Read 32526 times)

rhombus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fanfiction Prompt Challenge Discussion
« Reply #460 on: July 30, 2020, 02:31:05 AM »
Just to add to the general suspense, here are the prompts that have been submitted so far:

From Diddy:  Write a spiritual story involving any Gang member and a deceased member of his/her family.

From OwlsCantRead:  Greed. A deadly trait, and one which can consume someone entirely should they fall prey to the enticing allure of it. As mortal creatures who live and breathe under the Bright Circle, an individual can lose themselves to their selfish nature at any given time, falling victim to the temptation of going astray in their pursuit for more. Pen down a story where a dinosaur risks everything for the sake of greed. Whether they end up succeeding or lose it all in their high-stakes gamble is up to you.

From Rhombus:  Write from one of the following two prompts (or combine the two in some fashion if you prefer):

a)  Write a story that features one of Ducky's siblings taking the place of Ducky for a day in the gang, or one of Petrie's siblings doing the same for Petrie.  Perhaps it is part of a prank and the gang isn't able to tell swimmers or flyers apart very well.  Perhaps Ducky or Petrie is busy and the sibling wants to find out what the gang gets up to on their adventures.  Perhaps it is a bet between the siblings that the other cannot handle being in the other's place for ever one day.  Regardless of the plot device that makes it possible, show how they adapt to the fun (and chaos) that the gang gets up to on a typical near-death experience adventure.

b)  A variant of the first prompt if you prefer a supernatural variant that is a bit more devious: due to a curse one or more of the gang's parents is forced to take the place of their child for a day and must play the part convincingly in order to be changed back.  Show how they adapt to seeing first-hand what the gang gets up to on a typical near-death experience adventure.

From RainbowfaceProtégé:  Write a LBT story that incorporates science fiction elements. What will it be? Time travel? Alien visitors? The possibilities are endless!

From Ducky123: Write a story in the LBT universe inspired by another work of fiction. This can be anything from a novel, drama or folktale to a TV-series or movie or even a game if it has a story to tell.

Who will get what?  We will have to wait until August 1st to find out.  :bestsharptooth  Though keep in mind, if you wish to join the prompt exchange you still have until 7/31/2020 to do so.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 01, 2020, 01:45:27 AM »
@OwlsCantRead  @RainbowFaceProtege @DiddyKF1 @UnionRags123 @Ducky123

Alright, everyone, as announced on the Discord channel I have completed the drawing for the summer prompt challenge.  We all will have until October 15th to complete these prompts.  So without further ado, lets see what everyone has been assigned by my six-sided dice!  :MoEvil  :bestsharptooth

Diddy: Gets Union's prompt - The Gang end up on another adventure. However, this time they are accompanied by two characters who do not get along (like Mr. Threehorn and Mr. Thicknose). Will that cause this adventure to turn into a misadventure?

OwlsCantRead: Gets Rhombus prompt - Write from one of the following two prompts (or combine the two in some fashion if you prefer):

a)  Write a story that features one of Ducky's siblings taking the place of Ducky for a day in the gang, or one of Petrie's siblings doing the same for Petrie.  Perhaps it is part of a prank and the gang isn't able to tell swimmers or flyers apart very well.  Perhaps Ducky or Petrie is busy and the sibling wants to find out what the gang gets up to on their adventures.  Perhaps it is a bet between the siblings that the other cannot handle being in the other's place for ever one day.  Regardless of the plot device that makes it possible, show how they adapt to the fun (and chaos) that the gang gets up to on a typical near-death experience adventure.

b)  A variant of the first prompt if you prefer a supernatural variant that is a bit more devious: due to a curse one or more of the gang's parents is forced to take the place of their child for a day and must play the part convincingly in order to be changed back.  Show how they adapt to seeing first-hand what the gang gets up to on a typical near-death experience adventure.

Rhombus: Gets Rainbow's prompt - Write a LBT story that incorporates science fiction elements. What will it be? Time travel? Alien visitors? The possibilities are endless!

RainbowfaceProtégé: Gets Diddy's prompt - Write a spiritual story involving any Gang member and a deceased member of his/her family.

Ducky123: Gets Owl's prompt - Greed. A deadly trait, and one which can consume someone entirely should they fall prey to the enticing allure of it. As mortal creatures who live and breathe under the Bright Circle, an individual can lose themselves to their selfish nature at any given time, falling victim to the temptation of going astray in their pursuit for more. Pen down a story where a dinosaur risks everything for the sake of greed. Whether they end up succeeding or lose it all in their high-stakes gamble is up to you.

UnionRags: Gets Ducky's prompt - Write a story in the LBT universe inspired by another work of fiction. This can be anything from a novel, drama or folktale to a TV-series or movie or even a game if it has a story to tell.

Good luck, everyone! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with! :) Also keep in mind that the following prompt is still in progress:

July 2020..............................Jul 1 – Aug 31   

One word prompt : Alternatives

Dialogue prompt : "Not all was as it seemed."

Major prompt: History is often written by the winners and this is no less true in the Land Before Time... apart from the whole writing thing. :p Write a story that presents an alternative character interpretation (or a hidden side) of a canon character.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 02:19:55 AM by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

RainbowFaceProtege

• "I like this place a LOT!" :)
  • Member+
  • Wait, I reached 1000 posts? I reached 1000 posts!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 02, 2020, 06:56:54 PM »
Well, this will be like nothing I've ever written before. But I accept the challenge, of course--better get started!
And @rhombus I'm looking forward to seeing your response to my prompt! I know you're no stranger to LBT sci-fi. :OhYou
:rainbowThinking Why do you call the Mysterious Beyond mysterious? Why not the Boring Beyond? Or the "Ooh, Nothing-Out Here-of-Any-Interest-to-Us" Beyond?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 02, 2020, 07:06:22 PM »
- Jokes about getting Rhombus' prompt because I was already writing Waves Crashing Upon the Sky, which currently has a similar concept of taking someone's place to understand them.
- Actually gets it.
- surprisedpikachu.jpg

Well, it's a very interesting prompt to say the least. I'm in a pickle over who should be the POV character, but I'll see what I can cook up in this three months.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.