The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 56190

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How's your drawing coming along Stardust? Would an extension help out for you as well? I must admit I could probably use one as well since I only started mine after my finals were done.

We can push it back to Jan 14th then if that works better for everyone.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
It's coming along fine so far. It shouldn't take me that much longer to finish in itself. But since I am juggling multiple art and writing projects right now, an extension would put me more at ease, so then I don't have to rush it out. :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you're okay with something quick, I may have an idea what to draw. I just don't want to spend more than a couple hours an a drawing when I have a lot of other stuff on my schedule.
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright Stardust sounds good.

Yeah Ducky if you can get something done for the prompt that would be cool, though I understand your busy work schedule so I understand if you don't have time.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We can push it back to Jan 14th then if that works better for everyone.
I would really appreciate that :yes

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Happy new year everyone!

The new year brings new prompts to look forward to! As a reminder though that the final prompt of 2020 has been extended to Jan 14. Get those prompts submitted! After the 14th we'll start to handout the 2020 fanart participation awards.

I would also like to thank everyone who came up with ideas for this year's prompts. With going back to school, I never had any time to think about them so it was very much appreciated.

Here's the first prompt of 2021!

Jan/Feb Palette Swap: Swap colour patterns between two or more characters of your choice (with appropriate reactions to the sudden change)

I think for this one it will be best to swap things around between visually distinct characters. Would be confusing with a swap between Rhett and Littlefoot for instance  :rhett_smile
I think including OCs would be fine for this as well if anyone is curious.

I will post the full prompt list for the year in the masterlist if people want to plan ahead.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wednesday evening here and I am just about to resume working on my "Unlikely friendship" drawing. Hopefully this week I can finally get it finished.

How is yours coming along, @Mumbling?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Afraid I haven't gotten started yet.  Can't say I got any creative spirit these days. There's an idea in my head but nothing on paper yet.

On the plus side, usually I get the drawing done on the same day that I start working on it. Who knows what will happen the next week ;)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hopefully you can get the motivation to work on it Iris!

How about you Stardust? How's yours coming along?

Only about 5 days left to work on it!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was working on it this evening, although I was starting to get frustrated and so I put it aside for tonight. Not sure if I'll still submit it or not. I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow or Wednesday.

Edit: Alas, yeah, I lost my motivation with this particular piece.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 06:49:20 PM by StardustSoldier »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm gonna try to start mine today but I'm working full-time each day which means being away from home for at least 12 hours a day (due to travel)
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear that Stardust. And good luck Ducky!

Only a couple days left to go!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry, didn't make it! Still haven't found drawing inspiration and think it's unlikely to arise anytime soon. Might as well start the prompts for 2021! :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No worries, and the first 2021 prompt was also open for the last 2 weeks as well, but now has the complete spotlight. Here it is again for those who are curious.

Jan/Feb Palette Swap: Swap colour patterns between two or more characters of your choice (with appropriate reactions to the sudden change)

Who thinks they will participate in this one? I doubt I will due to school but hopefully I can see what other people come up with!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll see if I can muster up the required artistic motivation ;)

Meanwhile, I would like to hand out the yearly participation banner to everyone who contributed a drawing to our prompts. Once again this year, you'll be able to pick from 4 artworks that were sent in for the prompts:

I will send out a PM soon to everyone who contributed asking which banner you want, and will try to send a personalized banner your way as soon as possible :)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks Mumbling. :)

I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment, but I'll respond to the PM soon.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh man time flies when you're having fun at school!  :rhett_smile

Just reminding everyone that the prompt is halfway through its duration. Would be great if someone could come up with something!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't think I'll have anything ready for this month's prompt, but I would like to post another LBT drawing sometime. I haven't forgotten. I'm just not sure when the creative juice will hit me again. I've been going through another burnout lately with both writing and drawing, alas.