News:

Author Topic: New theme... for mobile devices!  (Read 126 times)

Mumbling

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://landbeforetime.webs.com/
New theme... for mobile devices!
« on: June 14, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »
Hi everyone!  :rainbowwave

@zero-point and I have secretly (and slowly, haha) been working on a new theme that should be much more pleasant for people who browse the Gang of Five on their phones. We're currently working on making that theme even better than our current theme (called HaleOn), hoping to replace the current theme eventually and make browsing the GoF a pleasant experience on all devices.

If you frequently visit our forum from your mobile phone and are annoyed by the lack of support, feel free to start using this theme already. You can change your theme on this page. For the mobile friendly experience, please scroll down to Darkly by SMFPacks.com and select 'Use this theme'. It is fully usable, but just has a few minor kinks to iron out before we make it our default theme for everyone. Note that it also works perfectly fine on a desktop. If you wish to switch back to the default theme, select HaleOn from the list of available themes instead.

Here is our current list of known issues/bugs/annoyances:
  • Grey block at the bottom of the page - fixed
  • Images do not adapt to screen size, instead increasing to default size
  • Related to the above, signature images are too large for mobile phones
  • Not using space optimally, still a lot of vertical scrolling

Feel free to report anything that you wish to see changed in the theme and we'll try to fix it as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 01:38:49 PM by Mumbling »

OwlsCantRead

• ^ This owl wishes on the Stone of Cold Fire that his sleep schedule isn't so awful
  • Member+
  • So, question: can I read, or can I not read? Hm...
    • View Profile
Re: New theme... for mobile devices!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 03:53:08 AM »
I got a quick glance at it. Looks pretty mobile friendly on a small screen, I like the rounded corners that seems to be every mobile app design's thing rn.
A quaint creature who soars when the Night Circle is highest in the dark sky, messing up his circadian rhythm in the process. Truly, a tragic flyer.

When it comes to LBT, I love to write stories! :)
Current Fics: Waves Crashing Upon the Sky, The Threehorn Way, Five Stages of Grief, Scrambled Eggs, and Our Safe Haven.

Anagnos

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 05:30:45 AM »
I haven't checked it out yet but that does sound interesting. I don't usually use my phone to check the forum but if it has indeed been made easier to access then that's very good indeed. :yes

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 07:07:32 AM »
I used it for about a month when I didn't have a computer and it worked quite well! I agree that there's a lot of scrolling involved  :PCera

Sneak

• Ozband Iresh
  • Member+
  • Ozband Iresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 07:52:13 AM »
Sounds cool and usable!
Though I never used any type of smartphone.

Someday I would like to see more custom themes for PC users too, like in old forum. :)
play Mr. Stick adventure forum game!: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15974
ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412
------------------

---------

Hypno

• GoF's resident Sharptooth fan
  • Member+
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 12:23:33 PM »
Quote from: Sneak on June 15, 2019, 07:52:13 AMSomeday I would like to see more custom themes for PC users too, like in old forum. :)

Yeah, like the "null" yellowbelly theme from April Fools 2018 :lol :lol :lol
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 12:25:15 PM by Hypno »
Formally known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

I'm a big LBT fan and have seen all movies and TV series episodes. I'm currently working on a modern analysis of the deleted scenes in The Land Before Time, as new discoveries have been made in the last few years.
I love sharpteeth, especially the Horned Sharptooth, the Plated Sharptooth/Plates and the original Sharptooth.
I'm an admin on The Land Before Time Wiki, particularly the "Sharptooth admin" I suppose you could say.

Runner up

Sneak

• Ozband Iresh
  • Member+
  • Ozband Iresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 03:40:56 PM »
Quote from: Hypno on June 15, 2019, 12:23:33 PM
Quote from: Sneak on June 15, 2019, 07:52:13 AMSomeday I would like to see more custom themes for PC users too, like in old forum. :)

Yeah, like the "null" yellowbelly theme from April Fools 2018 :lol :lol :lol
It's the first theme I want to see back!!!

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 04:52:13 AM »
monthly themes according to the character months? I'm not using the forum much these days, just thought I'd bring that suggestion up haha :DD
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P