News:

Author Topic: Rinkus and Sierra Showcase - May 2020  (Read 942 times)

Goldenwind

• Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Rinkus and Sierra Showcase - May 2020
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2020, 06:35:00 PM »
Most beautiful drawing EVAH!!  :rhett_shocked THIS BELONGS IN DAH LOUVRE!!  :Mo :Mo :Mo

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2020, 07:00:54 PM »
I’ve never seen a more beautiful drawing!  :Mo You got their personalities down perfectly  :PCera
I love the rainbow faces from the bottom of my heart! :rainbowwave

"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2020, 01:35:49 AM »
What an amazing sketch. 10/10. :Mo :PCera :rainbowwave
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

RainbowFaceProtege

• "I like this place a LOT!" :)
  • Member+
  • Don't you ever wonder what's out there?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2020, 07:10:57 PM »
I like how it just so happened that a new page started right after I posted that...imagine somebody coming in and seeing just the comments, then going back for the picture! :lol Anyway, I'll be back with a much more current (thank goodness) drawing of Rinkus and Sierra whenever I get the chance to do one. :p
Going through my fanfics to make sure I don't want to change anything before I post. (This might take a while.)

:rainbowwave Remember this, reader of my signature: there is much more to what you call the great circle of life than you can possibly imagine!

Little Bro

• Protege's bro
  • Member+
  • Truly fantastic ME! :p
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2020, 09:27:32 PM »
After seeing this picture, I can see why Pterano thought he was 2 FAB 4 U. :lol :lol :lol
Can you hear me calling? :Mo :cerahappy ?

Mumbling

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 05:08:52 AM »
Hahaha that's a great picture you found on Google. Completely accurate portrayal of their relationship too XD

Lovely artwork, Jassy! And you too, rainbow  :lol

Here's mine! Colorized this time :D

Gentle Sharptooth

• Captain Wolf McDonnell
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2020, 02:07:00 PM »
Nice artwork Mumbling! I like water color style. :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2020, 04:05:31 PM »
Haha, I love this! :lol The Stone has bestowed upon Tickles its gifts! Great color scheme, too--as Gentle mentioned, it's really reminiscent of watercolors.
Going through my fanfics to make sure I don't want to change anything before I post. (This might take a while.)

:rainbowwave Remember this, reader of my signature: there is much more to what you call the great circle of life than you can possibly imagine!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Captain Wolf McDonnell
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2020, 04:12:11 PM »
Tickles needs his own fan fict, where he is secretly the pet of Rainbowfaces spyimg on the Gang to keep them safe. ;)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2020, 11:04:02 AM »
Rinkus and Sierra were the last really fleshed-out antagonists of the films before they all became generic sharptooth, and Sierra's rough voice really gives him an intimidating edge. I do think that Rinkus gets overshadowed though. Though he's crafty and manipulative, he plays second fiddle to both Pterano and the more aggressive Sierra till the final act.

...other than that, I don't really have much else to add about them. They do their job as Pterano's overambitious henchmen well enough, and the flyer trio were the last antagonists (not counting Shorty) to get development of any kind till Thud more than half a decade later.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Captain Wolf McDonnell
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2020, 01:32:52 PM »
Ironically in June I will have more to say about Rinkus and Sierra. I haven’t seen LBTVII in a long time.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2020, 11:23:48 PM »
Tickles needs his own fan fict, where he is secretly the pet of Rainbowfaces spyimg on the Gang to keep them safe. ;)

:lol :lol :lol

Rinkus and Sierra were the last really fleshed-out antagonists of the films before they all became generic sharptooth, and Sierra's rough voice really gives him an intimidating edge. I do think that Rinkus gets overshadowed though. Though he's crafty and manipulative, he plays second fiddle to both Pterano and the more aggressive Sierra till the final act.

...other than that, I don't really have much else to add about them. They do their job as Pterano's overambitious henchmen well enough, and the flyer trio were the last antagonists (not counting Shorty) to get development of any kind till Thud more than half a decade later.

Yeah, I got tired of the antagonists from VII onward being mostly generic sharpteeth, too. It would be cool to see these movies return to villains with actual personalities, but the sharptooth formula has become so easy to throw in there that I doubt it'll happen.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Captain Wolf McDonnell
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2020, 12:00:32 AM »
Soon Rinkus and Sierra’s ahowcase will end. Three more days to find The Stone of Cold Fire before Pterano does. XD