The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Guest Character Reappearances

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
which guest character would you like to reappear the most?  What about the least?

I would like to have Shorty reappear the most.  I would definently not like it if Dill reappeared.  She was so mean.

What about you?

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Tie between Pterano and the bullies for most wanted.

Can't really think of any I wouldn't want back.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mo the most and Itchy the least.  That bird tried to cut off Ali's head for crying out loud! :(

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Either Pterano or the bullies, as TheNumberOneShmuck said.

As for the person I don't want to return...I don't know. I never really hated any of the characters.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As always I'm having a very hard time with superlatives. I cannot name one single character whose return I would welcome most of all. Having not yet seen the returns of Ali and Doc in the TV series I cannot say anything about those returns either. A good comeback of Ali would certainly be great. Pterano too is a character of great potential. Not quite as potential but still quite adequate for a return are Hyp, Nod, and Mutt, and Mr. Thicknose.
I guess may vote for the character I would not want to return is somewhat easier. While Ichty and Dill still have some interesting elements (two characters despising each other but also being dependant on each other, no clear domination in the pair of villains (certainly not as clear as in case of Ozzy and Strut), a physical disability of a villain) I don't see anything interesting introduced to the series by the character Tippy from LBT 8. As Tails quotes me in his signature, I really think he comes accross like a dinosaur shaped Teletubby! Everything from his name, to his way of talking and his strange color seem to aim in that direction. He didn't do or say anything of significance while there would have been a chance to make so much more of a character Spike could closely relate to without making that character silly. I really don't think Tippy is necessary for LBT.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I want the bullies, Pterano to retorn too!

I don't like to come back these ones: Sierra and Rinkus. They were really mean and they'd do anything to take over the world.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Of course, I'd like Pterano back. I'd really like to see him have major change of heart and start telling REAL stories about life in the Mysteryous Beyond (but let's hope he doesn't exagurate sometimes  :lol ). The one I want to see back the least....errr...I havn't seen the movies in a really long time, so I can't decide.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
want to return

pterano,ali

Don't want to return

Ozzy

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Two characters that have seemed to have disappeared off of the face of the Great Valley: Dana and Dinah. What in Davey Jones' locker became of them?! Did they get eaten by a sharptooth without us knowing?!?! How could two characters like that just disappear?!?!?! They're Cera's nephews for crying out loud!!! They can't just go POOF!!!!!

As for a character I wouldn't like to see back... hmm... can't really think of one.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You bet I second that one Manny Cav! :yes
Plus it would be interesting to get some more general information on Dinah and Dana. Personally I'm not convinced that they are indeed consanguineous of Cera. This would require some other relatives of Cera in the Valley, an older brother or sister or the like; in any case a relative too important to be ignored when Tria joined the family. Another point supporting the idea that perhaps Dinah and Dana are adobted rather than directly related to Cera are their different colors (different from any of Cera's sibilings we saw in the original movie) and the fact that they sport three horns already while considerably older Cera still sports only one. These inconsistancies can most likely be explained by indifference on the part of the producers, but if we are looking for an explanation which Cera might give if she was asked an adoption is possible.
From what I have seen from her so far Tricia doesn't seem to be as witty as Dinah and Dana.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
pterano and ali would be my favorites and...ummm...i don't really have a least favorite either.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Hmm...maybe Ali, Pterano and Guido I want to return.

The least favourite...can't really say. =/

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, I've always been the most fond of Chomper and Ali, and they have both reappeared, so I guess my wish is fulfilled.

Hmm. The ones I'd want to reappear the least would be the rainbow Heads (dear God, they were annoying Mulder and Scully wannabes).
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Two characters I wouldn't mind not seeing again are Ozzy and Strut from LBT 2. They shouldn't even be around at this point (and thank the stars they aren't).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What was so bad about Ozzy and Strut? They were kind of the "classical" pair of one real villain and one foolish sidekick. I do thing there is some potential in them though. They clearly have some villainous traits beyond the mere wish to eat and survive.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
If they somehow survived the sharptooth attack, then it would be possible... but unlikely. I doubt we'll see of them again, but if we do, then that's the only thing we can assume.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd have to go with Manny Cav on this one as far as their survival is concerned. I wouldn't mind if they reappeared, but Ozie was such a grudge holder, that if they survived, we'd have heard from them again by now.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not so sure about both points. As for the eggeaters chances of survival LBT dinosaurs in general seem to be more likely to escape than to be caught when chased by sharpteeth. Ozzy and Strut are agile and in the rugged terrain of the Mysterious Beyond they probably had a good chance to shake of Chomper's parents. With the Big Wall being closed behind them and possibly a greater degree of vigilance on the part of the Valley dinosaurs in the aftermath of the two sharpteeth's entering of the Valley Ozzy and Strut may not have had the chance to return no matter how much grudge they held. While they are certainly grudgeholders they are also cowards. If they had the choice between taking a risk for their revenge and taking a save path, I daresay they would rather take the save path and hope for a chance of a riskfree revenge.
There may have been a guest appearance of Ozzy and Strut in LBT 4, when that flock of Struthiomimuses rushed past to jump into the river for whatever reason. The first two of them looked very much like Ozzy and Strut, though it wouldn't make any sense not to see any reaction on their part at all upon seeing Littlefoot and the other.
I consider Ozzy and Strut one of the more interesting couple of villains and would not object to seeing them again.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm. I see your point, Malte. Still, if the bully trio, Littlefoot, and the entire adult population of the Great Valley were able to get in and out of the valley in LBT3, and since Ali's herd were able to get into the valley in LBT4, I'm sure that Scrut and Ozie should have easily been able to get back in after escaping Chomper's parents. You are right about them being cowards, though. After having half a mountain practically fall on them, survive multiple falls off a cliff, as well as several other various attempts on thei lives, I wouldn't go back to try my hand at revenge again, either. Too hazardous for my health. :lol  

I guess there's no way to conclude this "mystery", really. I guess all that can be done is you will believe what you will and I will think what I think, 'cause the only way to really resolve it is if their corpses either turn up or if they reappear.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^Unless of course we end up having Chomper's parents say something like, "Oh yeah, those two were delicious!" Or something like that. :D

Of course, imagine the look on the GOF's faces. :lol:

Hey Malte, have you seen LBT 12 yet?  If so, what's your opinion on Guido? :)