The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Brothers (all)

Tails_155 · 396 · 26569

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: KingdomKey23,Mar 11 2008 on  04:06 PM
I heard rumors that they made need to realease a patch or something like that.
Really? Where did you hear that?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
A couple of stages have music that is just....wha????  I'll get a match or two to link to if I can find one.

Glad to hear everyone's having fun.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Brawl has an absolutely MASSIVE soundtrack, with hundreds of tracks to unlock/assign to stages.  The music system in Brawl is actually very impressive. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The music is posted on smashboards.com for dld.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Mar 13 2008 on  07:36 AM
The music is posted on smashboards.com for dld.
Awesome thanks!  Yes, this game DOES have a huge soundtrack, biggest i've seen so far in any game i've played. :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow! Not only is The Subspace Emissary quite big for an add-on, but the storyline is vastly surprising. :)

In my opinion, people took it for granted because of certian rumors and such. However, you will find many to be false. In fact, playing The Subspace Emissary the whole way through is the secret way to easily getting most of the charcters. You will be able to get all but a few charcters this way. In fact, most of the charcters you won't have to battle to actually get them if you do this little thing. It is highly recommended for those who aren't too good at the brawls.

Now, the storyline is quite amazing. One minute you believe something about it all and then it just shatters it with some of the most surprising twists ever. In fact, near the end, it is quite shocking. Oh, and if you beat it, you get a full translated version of the opening song to boot. However, let's just say they were better off keeping it untranslated. At least, that is my opinion.

Regardless of everything, I suggest everyone to play it. It'll be well worth the 5 hours you'll more than likely spend trying to beat it. (Yes, it only took me that long.) With all the stuff it unlocks in the end, it's more than worth it to play. :)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to try to find a new time to play on-line. I'll see ya later! :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
5 hours you'll more than likely spend trying to beat it. (Yes, it only took me that long.)
That is impressive.  It took a friend and I (Yes you can play 2-player adventure mode) 9 hours to beat it on Hard difficulty.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow Super Smash Bros. has been sucking up my life lately :lol . Its pretty much all i've done since sunday and i've managed to unlock all characters, stages, single player event matches, and finished subspace emissary. I completely agree with pokeplayer with the SSE. Impressive Storyline and twists and it was quite enjoyable to play.

I've also noticed the increase in difficulty, especially on insane for Classic and such (i got murdured on the first match in Classic  :lol  :cry) but i'm still able to take on a lvl 9 computer 1 on 1 with no items with Falco, with the computer taking 2/3 of my lives. I haven't tried facing a lvl 9 with my other characters yet, but i have a feeling that i won't be able to beat them.

Yeah i am quite disappointed myself that the bonus is gone
While it is a bummer that its gone, it won't affect me much as i only played maybe a total of 10 bonus matches, the rest just being stock matches w/o items.

Anyways, i'll try to be online on saturday and maybe sunday if anyone wants to challenge me.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Mar 14 2008 on  12:39 AM
Wow Super Smash Bros. has been sucking up my life lately :lol . Its pretty much all i've done since sunday and i've managed to unlock all characters, stages, single player event matches, and finished subspace emissary. I completely agree with pokeplayer with the SSE. Impressive Storyline and twists and it was quite enjoyable to play.

I've had that encounter countless times, where i would play a game for so long it would seme i'd never stop playing it. :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Mar 13 2008 on  09:31 PM
5 hours you'll more than likely spend trying to beat it. (Yes, it only took me that long.)
That is impressive.  It took a friend and I (Yes you can play 2-player adventure mode) 9 hours to beat it on Hard difficulty.
Well, for one thing, I played mine on the easiest level. (I always start with that then work my way up when I feel ready for the next level.  It makes me have a more enjoyable experience with the game.)

Also, let me guess, The Great Maze is what made you take so long, right?  So confusing and all. :) There is a little secret to making it easier to navigate, thus making it faster.  Each save point, which is marked by light red doors with a big yellow circle, has a Smash Symbol, where you can not only save but also get a map of the whole place.  On top of that, it revives your lives and set your damage percentage to zero.  It definately makes it SO much easier in the end. :)

Oh, and knowing you, Action9000, what do you think of the music, especially the opening song? :)

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, guys! Just to let you Wii owners know I will be on from now until about 4:30, so if you want to Brawl let me know. Keni and I already had a few matches with each other, and despite the lag, we're having a blast. He and I got killed in Cruel Brawl in one second. XD Button Delay + Cruel Brawl = pwned. Lemme know if you guys wanna duke it out. BTW, Pokeplayer, I didn't get your Brawl code. Can you PM it to me when you get a chance? Look forward to Brawling with you.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'd brawl, but my computer is having some bad lagging problems right now, so i don't think i'd be able to for a while. :(

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I got Smash Bros Brawl the day it came out.  Subspace Emissary is really fun.  Until you get to the Great Maze....  And after that, Tabuu is a real pain in the butt.....  So now I'm stuck wishing I knew how to dodge the seemingly undodgable attacks without using my shield.  The only other thing I just have to gripe about is the overly sensitive analog controls.  What if I DON'T want to jump???  >_<  Other than that, the rest of the game is pretty good.  ^^

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What if I DON'T want to jump???
Create a name and go into the "Controls" options. You can now disable tapping UP to jump!  It's an incredibly useful feature. :wow  Just remember to use this name when playing the game.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(Wipes forhead) Aw, man. I just beat the game on Intense. It's a lot harder than Classic in the original Smash Brothers. X_X I didn't actually do have bad. I used two continues, but it was still hard.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I beat Classic on Intense today as well. I also had to use 2 continues :lol . Probably would of only needed one if my partner never killed himself at the beginning of the first team match (I was left to fight Ike and Marth by myself and died like 3 times on them). Also, did you notice Kingdomkey 23 that Master Hand moves and attacks a lot quiker on Intense?

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
lol, yeah I noticed. I could sometimes not get a hit on him with Ike. XD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've added my friend code to my sig.

All who want to add me to their list can do.  Even if you hate me to the core I'll be willing to take you on.

The Kirby Master is ready to take on the world! <(^-^)>

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Clint recently bought SSBB, so I got it now. I'm..not too good with it. Then again this would be the first time I've played anything Smash Brothers-related. We never had an N64 and we never rented Melee for the Gamecube.