The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Brothers (all)

Tails_155 · 396 · 26974

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Brawl's one of my favorite group games, aside from Marioparty - one of the few that I can get a couple of people around here to play. For me, Bowser fits my style fairly well - I love to run in and pummel things, though Bowser's speed leaves much to be desired for the running department. I just love chasing people around as Giga Bowser, though  :D Though falling through a hole can end that real quick if you get too focused on your targets... Grr Green Hill and your collapsing floor section...

Other than him, I tend to play as either Meta Knight or (if I'm feeling really cheap) Pikachu, with the occasional Fox thrown in. As with almost everything, I rely fairly heavily on luck when I play, since I don't have that much in the way of skills.

Shinji-Lee

• Chomper
    • View Profile
oh. i found a ssb thread.
well, no more wasting time.

i own all three of them and love them.
BUT: first playing brawl, it appeared a little slower to me, than melee. not a bad thing for my brain. bad were some of the changes, they made. i don't mean, which char was put in, which one was dropped. (don't know, how to express clearly) it's too easy. no wave dash anymore, wave dance harder to use, multiple air dodge possible, no more edge guarding...requires less skill, if you know what i mean.
speaking about the changes at the chars, i first have to say that nintendo did good removing the clones...to a large extent. How they did... Falco and Fox have different move sets, now, still alike but no clones (same with wolf. no clone.) Ness and Lukas are discussable, but someone's not: Captain Falcon. Gee, they took away his Knee of Justice along with his Nipple Spike and thus his manliness!! WAH! same with some other chars. Ganon's attacks own, but does he move?? Bowser? Infinity Claw's gone. don't want to complain too much, but brawl seems to be designed as a party game for casual gamers - bad for pros and those who want to become pros.

enough complaint.
for those who care about my chars:
 in melee it was Falco in the beginning, then Yoshi, now Dr. Mario. i don't stick too hard to them.
 in brawl my favs be Yoshi again, after an enormous boost, such as Pikachu. again, don't choose them only.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Does anybody here use Pokemon Trainer?
i've played as him a couple of times, he would be cool to get good with, i just don't have the time to practice with him anymore (especially cause i already play many chars). Also, my friends don't come over and play it much anymore, and playing by yourself gets kinda boring after a while.

it's too easy. no wave dash anymore
first off, wave dashing wan't supposed to be even in melee. I have disagree in it being too easy. 1 vs. 1 against a lvl 9 com is way harder now (even more so with the "mult-air dodge" mentioned, as its a lot harder to follow up and continue to juggle them.)

i find for the most part, that a lot of the balancing of the characters is as lot better, especially ganondorf, as you mentioned that he is slowed down. In melee, he was one of the better chars, being the fastest heavyweight, pretty fast attack speed as well (especially his weak A attack, extremely fast, doing 7% a hit, and can block most other attacks, smashes included), really good power,  quite a good recovery surprisingly, and about as much knock back resistance as bowser (without being as big as target). With brawl, they made him move more like heavyweight and slowed his attacked speed down a tad. He's still amazing though, just a bit more balanced (im a big ganondorf user).

Captain Falcon. Gee, they took away his Knee of Justice
are you talking about his forward A in the air? cause he still has it, i think the timing might be a bit harder, i dunno, never played C. Falcon to much myself.

i first have to say that nintendo did good removing the clones...to a large extent. How they did... Falco and Fox have different move sets, now, still alike but no clones (same with wolf. no clone.) Ness and Lukas are discussable
i agree, they put more effort into making them feel like they're not as "clone" like.

as for my chars:
-Falco (been playing him for about 6 years now, and is my best char, especially for 1 vs 1)
-Ganondorf (played as him in melee cause he's fun to play as, and got good as him. Tend to use him for  free for alls)
-Yoshi (started playing as him in melee, i guess i was bored lol. sweet char, but i don't play him very often anymore)
-Samus/ Zero Suit (Being a huge metroid fan, i have to play as samus  :lol . pretty good with her.)
-Olimar (I love it when you kill someone with him and your friend doesn't realize how he died lol. Difficult to use, bad recovery, but can actually kick some a**.  Heres a video of me vs my friend with him http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=772...335091&hl=en-CA
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=772...335091&hl=en-CA )
-Peach ( used to play here a lot in melee, not so much anymore.)

and i better stop with her, cause i could still name chars that im not bad with.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Question...

Does anyone look to take Brawl online at all? If there is anything I could winged about with Brawl is the horrible lag that it has online. Despite this, I still do play Brawl online but I really do hope (or wish) that they would improve the sluggish pace of online Brawling. If they can make something as smooth as Mario Kart run online then surely the concept can be applied to Brawl right?

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Jan 12 2009 on  11:50 AM
Question...

Does anyone look to take Brawl online at all? If there is anything I could winged about with Brawl is the horrible lag that it has online. Despite this, I still do play Brawl online but I really do hope (or wish) that they would improve the sluggish pace of online Brawling. If they can make something as smooth as Mario Kart run online then surely the concept can be applied to Brawl right?
I wish I could even USE the online mode. I've heard its effective, but I don't know how much, or if it lags much.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Does anyone look to take Brawl online at all?
No, I haven't played online in a really long time. Most of friends who have the game don't play it much anymore, so why i've kinda stopped. In fact, the only times i really play anymore are the rare occasions my friends come over and request to play it.

Shinji-Lee

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Does anyone look to take Brawl online at all?
did it. more than just one time. every time it was a hell of a lag - almost two seconds.

are you talking about his forward A in the air?
i indeed am and in brawl the attack looks actually the same, BUT IT AIN'T THE KNEE OF JUSTICE!! it just doesn't pwn hard enough...

first off, wave dashing wasn't supposed to be even in melee.
but it was there, and that was good, right? and please don't tell me, you don't miss that incredible great glitch.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Quote from: Shinji-Lee,Jan 13 2009 on  10:54 AM
first off, wave dashing wasn't supposed to be even in melee.
but it was there, and that was good, right? and please don't tell me, you don't miss that incredible great glitch.
Y'know, that's why wall kicks were added into the Mario universe, and subsequently, here (either that, or it's ridiculous coincidence that SMB-SMB3 all had wall jump glitches)

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i indeed am and in brawl the attack looks actually the same, BUT IT AIN'T THE KNEE OF JUSTICE!! it just doesn't pwn hard enough...
ahh ok.

meh, i've been doing just fine without it.

mah favourite is snake, who joins me in that?
ya, i find him to be a pretty fun character to play every once in a while, never really tried to get really good with him though.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
argh, has anyone gotten 100% on the Subspace Emissary yet? I'm stuck at 99%, just need to finish the Bomb factory area, the one where you fight Meta Ridley at the end, i've played through the level like, 20 times and haven't completed it yet.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Lucky you, I'm stuck in 97%. robably, its about how many lives you lose or the flags or the difficulty. I'm driving mad trying to reach the 100%.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
To gain a crown for a stage, you have to go through every door and collect every item (including hidden ones). I'm only about 93% complete on my Emissary. I really don't wanna have to do the Great Maze coz it's just so sodding big!  :(

(Lighter note: WooHoo! Just clocked my 2,000th post! Wikid!  :DD )

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i know that you have to get all the items in the level, thing is, i have no clue to where it may be. It must be something really sneeky (like in the Halberd, theres a secret where you have to blow a whole in the roof somewhere, did it completely by accident), or its so darn obvious that i just don't realize. ungh.

really don't wanna have to do the Great Maze coz it's just so sodding big!
Ya i know what that feels like, i was lucky enough though to pretty much get everything on my first run through it.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There is one thing I absolutely love about all the Super Smash Brothers games.

The Falcon PUNCH!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey Gang!

Just to let you all know, to honour and effectively test out Explorer's newly found net connection, the stated party along with myself are looking to house a few Brawl matches tonight (or today depending on your time zone :p ). We're starting around 9pm (GMT-0) and are liable to be playing a few bouts. If you've got the free time, please come and join us in this battle for supremacy! (Or for just the kicks of it all :lol)

If this all goes well, we can hopefully look to a few more bouts on some other days this week. But still, got pad? Will play? Come join! ;)

Cya there Brawlers!  :D

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
All the Game Franchise Rocked.

Pikachu and Samus were my best for SSB 64

Falco and Link for the Melee

and for Brawl Sonic including Falco and Link.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
woot, i finally managed to get 100% on subspace emissary and guess what happens? absolutely nothing! I thought i might at least get a notice or something. I actually can't believe it, my friend decided to play through the level with me and he found it first try, talk about embarrassing  :lol. Now all i really need is about 20 more trophies and approx. 50 more stickers then i have pretty much everything done. If anybody needs help with the SSE, i'll be glad to try and help (except for maybe the Great Maze, i don't enjoy looking for the secrets in that level. Sorry LF1616).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Apr 25 2009 on  01:59 AM
If anybody needs help with the SSE, i'll be glad to try and help (except for maybe the Great Maze, i don't enjoy looking for the secrets in that level. Sorry LF1616).
LOL that's cool man! To be honest, I wouldn't expect any additional input on that stage coz it's just so bloody big! In further honesty, I haven't pick Brawl up in yonks and I've still got a ton of things to do. When Brawl was due for release, I got impatience with waiting for the European version coz the launch date kept getting pushed back. I, rather foolishly, imported Brawl with a region-free software disc. Sadly, but not unexpected, with the updating firmware of my Wii, the software disc became ineffective. So I had to start everything pretty much all over again coz the file types were also incompatible with each other. Meh, oh well. I've got all characters, stages and done the Challenges. Just got all the trophies, stickers and the like to re-acquire! :DD

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
99%... o.o 99%... I need 1%... where are you?!

I mean, what do you need?! I've completed every single stage, went to every single corner of the maps and defeated every single enemy in INTENSE! Why does it not raise?!

Oh well.