The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Brothers (all)

Tails_155 · 396 · 27336

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Keni,Feb 5 2008 on  06:24 AM
My friend does it a lot though, like every time he blows me away even when I manage to get back onto the stage. And to make it even more annoying he imitates the taunt in real life. He always picks Samus so...Yeah XD
As long as he isn't pulling a Pikachu taunt (the rolling one) its fine. :p

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Call it gloating (but I suppose that's the intention of taunting) I normally taunt after a KO. In Melee, taunting after a KO in a decision match got you bonus points. I like the fact there are multiple taunts; both previous instalments and new ones. It's great that they've built up on Melee so much, even the little things

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
i just can't get over the waiting! i want to play this game so badly!

hopefully gamestop will come out with a demo in the stores or something

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Demos make me even more impatient. They make me feel like a dog whose being baited with a whole plate of bacon, then only given a tiny shred of a piece. Its maddening!

Hmm. Perhaps I should try Taunt during K.O. sometime. I never thought of that...of course, I usually just fight in matches where its three CPUs and me, so...
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My friend does it a lot though, like every time he blows me away even when I manage to get back onto the stage. And to make it even more annoying he imitates the taunt in real life. He always picks Samus so...Yeah XD

LOL XD

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
the Luigi taunt definatley will get annoying in Brawl, you know what im talking about :lol . That was the most annoying part of that taunting video.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They revealed info on Lucario at the main site today, and that just does it!  Lucario makes the last spot.

So, my team is: Kirby, Snake, Sonic and Lucario

Get ready world!  In one and a half weeks, I'm ready to rumble! :^.^:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just saw the site today and Lucario definately looks like a character that would be interesting to play, but for my current character picks are Falco, Yoshi, Samus/ZS Samus and Ganondorf.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Lucario sounds like an interest character but he also kind of sounds a bit broken to me. His attack power increases the more damage he has. That's gonna make some intense battles even more intense when it'll come to close-range combat. I do wonder how much power increase we're talking about here...

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
From smashboards.com:

Good news guys! I got some Official numbers from my friend with the game!
Using Aura Sphere, Lucario did the following damage:

At 0% - 13%
At 50%- 16%
At 100%- 20%
At 150%- 24%
and
At 200%- 26%

The REAL Multipliers are:
0% - x1.0
50% - ~x1.25(1.23)
100% - ~x1.50(1.53)
150% - ~x1.75 (1.84)
200% - x2.00

So!
That means, Lucario's Power doubles, but the problem becomes the fact you're not playing defense.
This reshapes my Meta-game plan, so I'll make my adjustments, and post them sometime tomorrow.

OKAY! I also had it tested with his DSmash!
The following results:
0%-13(x1.0)
50%-17(~x1.30)
100%-21(~x1.6)
150%-25(~x1.9)
200%-28(~x2.2)

Keep in mind, sweet spots tend to change data, so I would think that following Aura Sphere's Multipliers would be more accurate overall.

-Thanks to Ro0kie42 for the info!-

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just dropped in to let everyone who lives in North America know that we're coming into the home stretch. Exactly one week from today marks the realease of the game. I went to Gamespot today to make sure that I'd be able to get a copy on the day, and since I reserved the game I should be able to. Many of the boxes of the games are already on display, though I doubt the games are in them. The game is having a midnight launch, so I have a feeling the parking lot is going to be flooded with Wii owners lining up to get their mits on the game. XD

As for Lucario, he seems like an interesting character. Only recently did I get into him after I saw the Pokemon movie he was in. He's pretty cool, despite the fact that he dwells on the past a lot, and he's voice by the guy who does Goku from Dragonball Z. How ironic since some of his moves seem DBZish. XD Man, I wouldn't want to use him in a battle.

Me: Lucario, use double team!

Lucario: Yes...only after I go emo and do another pointless flashback.

Me: X_X

:lol

BTW, I was crusing on youtube when I found this guy who somehow got an early copy of the US version, and he posted the voice acting from the English version. His videos can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sitschei

Personally, the voice acting is kinda lame for some of the characters, but meh, who cares anyways.

Welp, look forward to Brawling with you guys in 7 days. See you then.  :wave

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Sonic almost sounds like an arrogant teenager. :p

Red team "had a bad day" with this match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID2JF_CMPQM

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Finally got my reservation, and I must say that once I get my Wii online, I'll look for you guys, and I'll take you on with Falco, Meta Knight, Lucario, and Marth or Ike!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whK6CxaRE6E

I just uploaded this....possibly the worst break you can get in sudden death.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
lol, Lucario got pwned at the last second. XD

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5b3GvELTtY

People have started taking "funny pics" of characters being eaten, or sleeping, or in suggestive poses.....

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, this is it!  The game launches at Midnight tonight.  Who's ready to Brawl? :)

Get ready world!  Kirby's going to PWN you all! ^^

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Doing my best to get my hands on this game tomorrow!  I suspect that will be easier said than done. :p