The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mario(all)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Check it out, guys!  It's the 5:00 speed run of the original Super Mario Bros.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPjsBsz4trk

Everything here is totally legit.  I even tried a few things that looked like they weren't possible, and they actually worked.  Turns out right from the start Nintendo had glitches to work out, and this guy found ones to use to his advantage. :)

And on another note, the preview for Super Mario Bros. Z Ep 7 is now on YouTube.  There are quite some surprises from this.  Especially one you won't believe. :)

Found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjf-D-qRI9E

Enjoy! :^.^:

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Everything here is totally legit. I even tried a few things that looked like they weren't possible, and they actually worked. Turns out right from the start Nintendo had glitches to work out, and this guy found ones to use to his advantage.

Yup. Very legit. He actually focuses on beating the level rather than doing all of those fancy moves on enemies. (Which most speed runners who cheat do)

I already saw the SMBZ preview. Very awesome! Can't wait for the actually episode!

BTW, I found out something that may come as a surprise to many, and people who own a Wii will be able to get this on the Virtural Console. The real Super Mario Brothers 2 that was only available in Japan if finally coming to America after all of this time. The actually version! Not the altered versions for Super Mario Brothers DX (Game Boy) and Super Mario All-Stars (SNES) the actually version released on the Famicom in 1986.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Oct 1 2007 on  09:50 AM
And on another note, the preview for Super Mario Bros. Z Ep 7 is now on YouTube.  There are quite some surprises from this.  Especially one you won't believe. :)

Found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjf-D-qRI9E

Enjoy! :^.^:
43%TREy657%^$TUhygf!?!?!?!? :blink:  :wacko: How could I not know about this!?!? That was jaw droppin'!!! :o

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoa!  I just sat through one of the most impressive runs of Super Mario Bros. 3 I have ever seen.

This guy not only got 100%, but also showed off tons of secrets and got a star at the end of each board.

You have to check out his 26 part vid. (Each part is about 5:00 long.)

Here's the link to the best Super Mario Bros. 3 player in the world!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HalDanGhor

Please enjoy! :^.^:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm just going to take your word for it and say he cleaned the table. :D

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
wow i just watched the preview for SMBZ 7 and it looks like its going to be amazing! Can't wait for the full episode!

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Pretty cool videos. A lot more legit than the beating it in 11 minutes thing. I can never get enough of those Mario 3 clips. To me, Mario 3 was the best Mario game of all time. It just had an amazing fun factor that never lets up. I've played the game on an emulator in recent years, but I feel that the full experience is when you play it on your TV. Sadly, my Mario 3 cartrage doesn't work anymore, but thankfully the Wii's Virtual Console has finally realeased it. Is it just me or do they like to save the best for last? They did that with the Mario Advance games which were GBA ports of the classic Mario games, and SMB3 was the last one to come out for that series under the name Super Mario Advance 4, and now it was the last game to come out after the first two, Doki Doki Mario (a.k.a Super Mario Brothers 2 of America), and Super Mario World. Well, when I get a Wii I'm going to download that game! It is a must have and I reccomend it to all Wii owners. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing the videos, they were fun to watch.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anyone tried Mario Galaxy yet? I've played it for the last few days and i can say that its definitely one of the best mario games. The controls movement wise take a little getting used when running on the side or bottom of a planet. The music, which is all orchestrated, is amazing, the best in a video game as far as im concerned. The only problem i really had the the difficulty of the bosses. The bosses were never really hard, even the last boss. Overall the difficulty is well balanced with some really tough levels with some of the later levels. While i'm on the topic of levels, the level design is great as well, with some really crazy ideas. Also, if you pre-order it you get this!

A Mario Coin!

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Finally, someone mentions Galaxy! I got it myself the day it was released (Also got the coin) and it's super awesome! Best Mario game to date!

The game is balanced with tough and easy stars, the graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay is brilliant. The game is very trippy with the gravity and all the different planets, and it's really fun launching yourself in the stars and fly accross the galaxy from planet to planet. The game is also cute and adorable with the Lumas and Rosalina.

All in all every Wii owner should pick this game, it's a must buy and it's extremely fun.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
you. forgot. the. MUSIC! :lol I love the music in this game, especially the last level's music and the bowser boss music. I have yet to see what surprises await me when i get 120 stars but i've been trying to pace myself (so far it has gone that well :lol ).

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I know this topic hasn't been active in awhile, but I just wanted to throw my two cents. After FINALLY getting a Wii I was able to play Galaxy and it is AWESOME! I love every minute of the game. The graphics, gameplay, everything. The music is so catchy, too. I can't stop humming the songs! I'm so glad I got this game as a present, 'cause you'll want to play it again and again...until Brawl steals the spotlight on it. XDD

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Currently playing Mario Galaxy. So far I'm enjoying it very very much.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As for me, I have planned on waiting until Christmas to have it.  The main reason is because I need to save as much money as possible to get Christmas gifts for my family.  However, I play it during my lunch break since they have the full game set up for anyone to play at a rather secure Wii. (Tempered Glass Case surrounding the console, along with the controls being attached to a special wireless device that works wonderfully, which is imbedded into the shelf.) I set up my own personal file on there, so I have to hope no one erases it.  However, with how far I've gotten, there's a small chance anyone will at this point.

Anyways, the game is great and quite addictive.  I have a hard time getting off early enough and so that I don't in trouble for staying on my lunch too long. (About 1 hour limit.  What are you going to do? :P:) I'm kind of glad a kid convinced me to get off yesterday.  I really wanted to beat Bowser Jr.'s butt since I was having such a hard time beating the level.  I would've stayed on until I beat him if it wasn't for that kid.

Most of the levels are fairly easy, but the game's alot of fun.  The combos you can pull off to reach higher ledges/enemies are incredible. (Ever seen Mario do his back flip AND spin attack together?  You reach quite some height with that move on this game.) And the boss battles are rather unique for a Mario game.  I just LOVE this game!  I can't wait for Christmas Day to arrive so I can finally have it! :^.^:

I am patient, but I just want this so badly that's it's driving me a little crazy.  Pray that I don't get sent to a mental instiution as I wait for the fateful day to arrive. :)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Nov 18 2007 on  11:44 PM
The music, which is all orchestrated, is amazing, the best in a video game as far as im concerned.
That is one of the reasons I like the Star Fox Assault music so very much -- it's orchestrated (at least I'm sure it is).

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That is one of the reasons I like the Star Fox Assault music so very much -- it's orchestrated (at least I'm sure it is).
I dunno if Star Fox Assault is orchestrated, but it does have good music nevertheless.

The music is so catchy, too. I can't stop humming the songs!
I caught myself doing that as well! Also, i heard that in Japan, people can buy, or can soon buy, the soundtrack for Mario Galaxy. I'm soo jealous!

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I have to say, the design of Galaxy is inspired. The hopping between mini-planets makes this the first truly 3-D platform game.

Having got almost the whole way though Galaxy, I have to say it contains 2 of the greatest moments I've ever seen:

***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***

The flying scenes in Melty Molten Galaxy. Flying out of an exploding volcano, and across the lava fields is amazing to watch.

BUT, even better:

Ice Mario wall jumping between two waterfalls.

Oh. My. God.

***END SPOILER***
***END SPOILER***
***END SPOILER***
***END SPOILER***
***END SPOILER***

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Dec 2 2007 on  01:22 AM
I dunno if Star Fox Assault is orchestrated, but it does have good music nevertheless.
I can just tell it is. I've even heard it at a place or two, such as information contained in an MP3 of the game (like the beautifully orchestrated Star Wolf Theme). If the orchestrated music in Super Mario Galaxy is better than Star Fox Assault's orchestrated music as you make out, then I'll be in for one huge surprise when I play this game. There's no way it couldn't be the best in a video game, or close to it.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
wow, had a hard time finding this topic. So you've probably guessed that there was some announcement from E3 seeing how i'm doing it for a couple other topics.
First off, New Super Mario Bros for the Wii was announced and it includes 4 player co-op. A video of the game in action can be viewed here

Secondly, Mario vs Donkey Kong 3 was announced for DSi ware with the option to make your own levels

Thirdly, Mario & Luigi 3 was shown (it was already announced a long time ago though, so not too big of news).

and finally, Super Mario Galaxy 2 was announced which was kinda unexpected but sweet. Heres a video of that. The trailer shows some new things like riding on yoshi and a Drill power up.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Jun 2 2009 on  01:17 PM
wow, had a hard time finding this topic. So you've probably guessed that there was some announcement from E3 seeing how i'm doing it for a couple other topics.
First off, New Super Mario Bros for the Wii was announced and it includes 4 player co-op. A video of the game in action can be viewed here

Secondly, Mario vs Donkey Kong 3 was announced for DSi ware with the option to make your own levels

Thirdly, Mario & Luigi 3 was shown (it was already announced a long time ago though, so not too big of news).

and finally, Super Mario Galaxy 2 was announced which was kinda unexpected but sweet. Heres a video of that. The trailer shows some new things like riding on yoshi and a Drill power up.
Wow!  Thanks for the news, Flathead! (Ugh!  Seriously, your username sounds like an insult. -_-)

I really enjoyed Super Mario Galaxy and I can't wait for it's sequel. :^.^:

Oh, and I also would like the Wii version of New Super Mario Bros.  That should be enjoyable. :D