The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Fanfic

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Great chapter! Worth the delay. Keep it up.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
By the way, I'm getting the next chapter worked on. It should be done sometime before the end of August. I'm going to be going to Georgia from the 11th to the 14th to visit my aunt and uncle. I'll be able to work on it on the plane ride. I might also be able to work on it during my time at my aunt and uncle's. Then I'm going to Arizona to visit my grandma, and I'll be able to work on the fan-fic during the plane ride there, too. Hopefully, I'll have all five tasks completed before the end of the year.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
-----NEWS FLASH-----

I just finished the 6th chapter of my fan-fiction. Here it is.

-----

Chapter 6: Ducky's Dilemma

"Where is Spike?" Ducky said as she got to the sinking sand, remembering Cera's attempt to cross it. She still remembered the angry looks on everyone's faces when they were saved. Momma's words echoed in her head, like they were said yesterday.
   You are not grown-ups and should remember it.
   She wished that were still true, but she and Spike have grown since that incident and have learned better. Sort of. Ducky knew that there was a way to the Sheltering Grass that did not involve crossing the sinking sand. And could be done with her eyes closed. In fact, that is what she did. She got there and saw that Spike was already there, waiting for her.
   "Spike! I am so glad a found you! Yep yep yep!" she exclaimed as she ran over to him. "Spike, can you help me find my stone? I won't be able to find it by myself. Nope nope nope." Spike nodded in response. With Spike, Ducky entered the Sheltering Grass, entering a whole new world in the process.
   The grass was so tall that Ducky was barely able to see the grass in front of her due to the lack of light. However, there was enough light for her to navigate.
   Spike got a much better bargain. He was not only able to see very well in the grass, but he could just eat his way if necessary. "Spike, we should split up and search for it. Grunt if you find it." Spike nodded, and the two went in different directions, searching for it.
   Ducky began searching the ground for the stone, looking for any sign of a glittering light. At one spot, she found that the light was partially scattered, but she found no stone. After many minutes of searching around the area with scattered light, she discovered nothing special, so she moved on. It soon became apparent that she wouldn't find it by going by this method of searching. "I'll never find this stone with my height. Nope nope nope!" she exclaimed shortly after. She began searching for Spike at the edge of the grass when she saw Littlefoot walking past the Sheltering Grass.
   I know! Littlefoot can help me search for it!
   "Littlefoot!" Ducky exclaimed as she ran up to him. She proceeded to explain her dilemma.
   "Sure. I'll help." Littlefoot replied. Ducky climbed onto Littlefoot's head. They proceeded to enter the Sheltering Grass together.
   This time, Ducky had no problem seeing what was going on. She was above the ground, almost above the grass completely. She began looking around with Littlefoot being her guide. He took her through the grass again, but her search still proved fruitless. The two then left the Sheltering Grass.
   As they were leaving, she recounted some of her thoughts as she was looking for the stone. She told Littlefoot about her nostalgia and what her mother told her, and then a thought struck her. Her mother's words reminded her of he area where the light was scattered. "Littlefoot, I'm going to go back into the grass one more time. Tell Spike that if you see him." She asked, and then she burst into the grass. She remembered the way to that one location.
   When she arrived at the location, she immediately looked up instead of down. Up in the grass, above her, was the stone. She immediately began shaking the grass to make it fall, but she realized that it was floating instead of being supported. She realized that she had to climb the grass. She immediately began climbing the grass, and soon she reached the stone. She knocked it down to the ground, because she couldn't hold it and climb down. Instead of climbing, though, she decided to let go and hold onto the gem. The gem never hit the ground, though, instead hovering about a quarter of an inch above the ground.
   Ducky was relieved to finally have her stone. She then exited the grass, noticing that her stone had turned the color yellow, to match the stone she had picked up previously. She told Littlefoot that she was going home, and bade him farewell and good luck on finding his stone. Upon returning to her nest, she saw Spike with a look of nervousness on his face. He kept looking at where the stones should have been, but instead of stones, there was nothing. Both of their stones have been stolen, leaving them only the recovered pieces.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   "I believe that two more pieces of the key have been recovered." Argana said as the purple and yellow eggs began to rock and squeak like the pink egg.
   "That is good. Hopefully, the five will find me soon. And then their training can begin in its fullest." Vylon said with delight in his voice. He still held the white and orange eggs close to him, as though they would vanish.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Great Chapter! So, is the entire LBT gang going to become riders?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You ask no questions, I tell you no lies.

I won't spoil this for anybody. I won't let any part of my plot get out until I have written it into a chapter.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
People: Request.

Should the hollow tree be a single tree to be found in a forest or in a forest of trees with hollows at the base?

I need decision.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would have to say a single tree.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you for the response. I'll be in the air tomorrow from 11:35 EST to 12:37 Pacific Time. So in other words, about 4 hours 2 minutes. I'll definitely work on it then.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
NEWS FLASH!!!

I just uploaded the fan-fiction to FF.net

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
By the way, I will keep my fan-fiction updated both here and on FF.net

NEW CHAPTER!!

Chapter 7: The Hollow Tree

"The voice said 'tree with a hollow at the base' but I've checked pretty much all of those trees and still found nothing." Littlefoot exclaimed in exasperation at lunch. He decided to have lunch with his friends instead of with his grandparents. They understood that he would enjoy it better.
   "Well, you know, you could search again. I could help you this time, though." Cera offered.
   "No, I'll check once more by myself. If nothing happens, I'll ask you for help. Okay?" Littlefoot responded.
   "Fine. But don't complain when I find it before you." Cera replied smugly.
   Littlefoot just finished his lunch when he remembered about the stone. I wonder if that will help me at all, he thought to himself, I'll go get it from the tree I hid it in. Littlefoot began to run to exactly where he had hid the stone.
   When he got there, he looked into the hollow to make sure the stone was there. It was. While taking the stone out of the hollow, he noticed that there was a faint, high-pitched whine coming from the hollow. I bet that there was something in there, but it was probably just a bug.
   Littlefoot then began to search through all of the trees yet again. He drew arrows in the ground at the base of each tree that point to where the previous tree was as he went the first time. The trip didn't take up much time, but it still was fruitless. Littlefoot decided that the stone wouldn't help at all, so he put it away. He then began searching for Cera, because he definitely needed help.
   "Cera! Where are you? I need your help!" he called out when he got to her nest, but no response came. He suddenly remembered that her stone was at the Thundering Falls, so he went over there to talk to her. When he got there, he found no one.
   "Where could she be? I checked her nest and her stone's location, but I can't find her anywhere!" he exclaimed in exhaustion. Suddenly, he saw someone in the corner of his eye. Someone orange. It was Cera.
   "Cera! I've been looking for you everywhere! Where were you?" Littlefoot excitedly exclaimed.
   "I've been looking for my stone. But never mind that now. I lost my other stone. The one that we got when we were given our instructions." She replied.
   "Oh no! Mine might have been taken, too. Let me go check on Ducky and Spike." He replied, heading for their nest. When he got there, he saw both Ducky and Spike looking for their stones frantically.
   "Hey Littlefoot, have you seen my stone? Both Spike and I lost ours." Ducky asked.
   "No. Oddly enough, the same thing happened to Cera. When did you last see it?" Littlefoot replied.
   "When I woke up. Why?"
   "Well, both you and Cera kept yours at your respective nests. I put mine in a hollow tree. Wait a second, that's it! That is where my stone is! Gotta go!" Littlefoot said in sudden realization. He then rushed off towards the tree where his stone was stored. He didn't see the stone, but he remembered the whining. He tried to remember the source of the whining. He realized that the whining was coming from the hollow in the base of the tree, not the one where his stone was placed in.
   He ducked his head, and looked into the hollow at the tree's base, and saw the stone that he was searching for. He excitedly grabbed the stone and pulled it out of the hollow. He noticed that the stone had turned orange. The exact same shade of orange as the stone that was in the hollow above the stone.
   "I have this stone, but where is the other stone?" Littlefoot asked himself as he walked back to his nest.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   "Well now. I guess I'll be revealing myself tomorrow, Argana. Four out of the five crystals have been located, and it will only be a matter of time before the last one is found." Vylon commented as the orange egg began rocking and squeaking with the yellow, purple, and pink eggs. Only the white egg remained motionless, but not for much longer.
   "I am expecting a very exciting appearance." Argana said.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
One tries his best. By the way, please review on FF.net as well as here. Thank you!

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Cool. I wonder what happened to the other stones?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What stones? The ones they are collecting? Nothing. It is just the enchantment on them that will cause them to change color. It won't affect the plot, so I'll reveal it now. If it were to affect the plot, I would keep my mouth shut.

If by other stones you mean the ones that are squeaking and shaking, you'll probably find out in two or three chapters.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Author's Note: This fan-fiction is now under "Eragon" on FF.net
If you want to read it there, go to "Eragon" instead of "LBT"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As of now, I am finishing the eight chapter. Finally, the gang will meet Vylon and Argana.
Probably today or tomorrow, I will have it up.

Also, it is now back in LBT.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
By the way, I forgot to upload Chapter 8 yesterday. Here is both chapter 8 and 9.

-----------------

Chapter 8: The Smoke, the Flyer, and the Stone

Petrie was flying by the Smoking Mountain. He thought that the stone would have been more visible by air. Apparently, the smoke of the Smoking Mountains made it impossible to fly that high, making the finding of a glimmer small. He wished that he could fly higher, but he didn't want to risk flying into the smoke and getting lost.
   "Me wish me could find stone. Voice said stone by Smoking Mountain, but me no see no stone." He said to himself. "Me wonder if Ducky help me find stone." With that thought, he began flying over the Valley searching for the swimmer, but he didn't find her. Suddenly, Cera called him to help her with finding her stone.
   "Okay! Me help you!" he responded happily. He flew down to her, and she told him to fly around the Thundering Falls while looking for her stone. It probably would have helped him if he could find her stone, so he quickly scanned it. It took about an hour, but soon, she had her stone. However, Petrie was knocked unconscious by the stone.
   When Petrie was knocked out, he was given a vision of the five stones, and how they were used. He didn't understand it, but he saw all five stones placed in a shape that all five fitted in perfectly. Then a blinding flash lit up each stone. When the flash died down, he was given a brief flash of where each stone was. He saw that his stone was not actually at the Smoking Mountain, but somewhere in its vicinity. Seeing this vision gave Petrie a good idea in how he would find the stone, but he had no clue where he would find the stone.
   "Me think me search every tree by Smoking Mountain." He said to himself, and then he realized that it would take a few days to search every tree, so he would ask for help on the task. He then began searching for Ducky, but he still could not find her. So he resolved to search for the stone on his own. Just as he was flying towards his stone's location, he noticed Littlefoot walking past.
   "Littlefoot! Me need your help!" Petrie exclaimed as he flew towards the longneck.
   "What is it, Petrie? I just got back from helping Ducky. Guess what? I just found my stone, but my other stone was stolen." Littlefoot replied.
   "What? You say your stone stolen?"
   "Yeah, it was weird. Everyone else had theirs stolen as well, and we don't know who would have taken them. What about your stone?"
   "Me no know. Me haven't checked it. Can you wait here while me go check?"
   "Sure."
   With that, Petrie began flying back to his nest at high speed. When he arrived, he looked for the stone. He couldn't find it anywhere. With that, he flew back to Littlefoot, only to see him looking around the area. Littlefoot was looking around the trees, and suddenly he seized up. He collapsed to the ground, unconscious.
   "Littlefoot! Me forgot to tell you. Don't touch my stone. You fall asleep." Petrie exclaimed, flying over to Littlefoot. Suddenly, he realized that Littlefoot had the stone in his mouth.
   When Littlefoot came around, Petrie was standing right next to his head.
   "Petrie! I just realized something. The stones we got are part of a guide to the creature that told us about these." Littlefoot said.
   "Me wondering about that. By the way, me touch Cera's stone. Next thing me know, me waking up." Petrie replied.
   "Well, I'm going home. I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe we'll find out why we had to do this." Littlefoot said, feeling a little tired.
   "Me, too. See you tomorrow, Littlefoot!"
   Petrie began to fly away. He noticed that his stone had gone from clear to white, just like his stone.
-----
   "I think that all the eggs are finally found. And in one day! I'm surprised." Vylon said.
   "I thought that you would have had at least two days until all of them were found. They must be more skilled than we thought." Argana responded.

Chapter 9: The Gate Opens

Vylon was still sitting in his cave. All five of the eggs were shaking and rattling. He was hoping that the five children would come to his abode soon.
   "They have the stones. Hopefully, they will figure out how to use them." He said.
   "I know you, Vylon. You probably enchanted those stones to lead them to us." Argana said in return.
   "You are correct. However, there is a certain requirement for that to happen. When they can figure out how to meet the requirement, they will find me. Then their training will commence."
   "You make it seem easy, Vylon."
   "I know. If I told them how to do it from the beginning, then they wouldn't have grown at all." With that, Vylon began meditating, searching for the minds of his future pupils.
-----
   The gang decided to go meet by the Thundering Falls with their respective stones. They thought that the stones would help them, but it seemed that they wouldn't reveal any secrets easily. As the five of them headed back to their nests, they began pondering why the five stones they were given were stolen.
   "Well, we have the five stones. Do any of you feel different?" Ducky asked the group.
   "I don't." Littlefoot replied, looking at the stones in disappointment.
   "Me feel nothing." Petrie added.
   "Me neither." Cera said with a hint of annoyance.
   Spike just shook his head. With that, the five just gathered around the stones, looking at them with the same curiosity that a child has with a puzzle. Littlefoot thought that the stones might have to touch each other, so he and Cera moved their stones so that they touched, and then there was a buzzing sound emanating from the stones.
   The gang watched in amazement as the two stones fused together. The stones still kept their colors, but the single stone was split between orange and pink. Excited, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike did the same with their stones. The exact same happened. Soon, all five stones were fused into a star with five different colored points. Suddenly, the colors began to swirl together until the stone was a silver color.
   "I'm glad you finally figured out how to use these stones. I bet you are wondering where I am?" the voice rang out from the stone.
   "Don't worry, we'll lead you to us. But you must not lose this stone at all." Another voice rang out, this time female, but with the same tone as the other voice.
   "The tips of this star will light up when we finish talking to you. You must follow the point. It will lead you to us." The male voice said.
   "Goodbye. You will see us soon." The female voice said, then one of the points of the stone lit up.
   "Did you hear that?" Ducky asked the gang. All of them nodded in agreement. They looked at the stone, and realized that they needed to bring it with them, but they were all too afraid to pick it up, after what happened to both Littlefoot and Petrie.
   However, Littlefoot decided to pick the stone. He was able to pick it up without being knocked out. Cera also helped Littlefoot. Spike helped, and none of them were knocked out. They tried to think of how to keep the stone with them, so they decided to tie it to Spike.
   When the stone was tied to Spike with some vines, they began following the stone's directions. It took them almost no time to find where the stone was leading them. When they arrived, they noticed an area that was shaped like the stone on Spike's back in the ground. They thought that the stone should go there, since the stone was seemingly pulsating light from the center.
   They lowered the stone into the ditch, and suddenly a blinding flash of light shot from the five ends of the stone towards the sky. The light gathered into a sphere, and the sphere shot into a section of the stone wall. The light spread across the stone wall to form an archway, then the light died away, leaving an open archway. In the archway stood a tall creature on two legs.
   It had dark brown hair going down to the bottom of its ears. Its eyes were blue, and it was smiling. Behind it was an creature that was silver. It had a long neck, but it also had pointed teeth, like a sharptooth. The silver creature also had wings, and walked on four legs.
   The slim creature was smiling. It then said, "Hello. My name is Vylon. Thank you for finding me." His voice matched the male voice that emanated from the stones.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pretty awesome chapter. It's really getting good now!

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It'll slow down for next chapter, for it is explanation of things before the book began.

I'll give you all the chapter title.

It is called Chapter 10: Revelations (not the book in the Bible)

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chapter 10 is up. Please comment and review.
-----
Chapter 10: Revelations (not the book in the Bible)

"Greetings. I am glad you found me so quickly. I would have been lonely." said Vylor, finally appearing before the gang for the first time. From the looks on their faces, he assumed that he was being either idolized, feared, or just being stared at. He believed that it was the third reason, because his appearance would have caused that.
   After some time, Littlefoot decided to speak. "Wh...What are you?" he asked in a tone of disbelief. In truth, he was somewhat scared of this new creature, just from his way of talking. I seemed as thought the creature knew too much to be ordinary.
   "i am very nice. Just because I seem intelligent doesn't mean you have to be scared of me. Treat me like I'm normal." Vylon said, trying to get the disbelief out of them.
   "That's not what I meant. I mean, what are you?" Littlefoot replied.
   "If you want to know what race I am, I am an elf. I come from a land called Alagaesia."
   "Where is that?" asked Ducky.
   "Somewhere in the future. I came from there to find five Dragon Riders, and it turns out that you five were the ones to be partnered with the dragons in these five eggs." Vylon replied.
   "What is a dragon?" Cera asked in her skeptical manner. She didn't believe a word this guy said, and she wouldn't until she had some proof.
   "I am a dragon." Argana projected into Cera's mind so that only she could hear.
   "Did any of you here that voice?" Cera asked, scared. The others shook their heads. Vylon only smiled.
   "Ah! It appears that Argana has finally woken up." With that, he looked behind him, he saw the silver creature opening its eyes. It opened its mouth, and the children began wanting to run, but they couldn't move their legs. For some reason, they wouldn't work.
   "Don't worry. Argana here won't hurt you at all. She is just yawning. Plus, she has learned to live off of plants. She is no threat to you unless you become dangerous to either me or her." Vylon said reassuringly. At once, the urge to run vanished. The gang could move their legs again.
   "I apologize for paralyzing your legs. I couldn't have you run away from me without even getting to know Argana."
   He paralyzed our legs? How? Littlefoot thought to himself.
   "Wait. You say you paralyze our legs. How you do it?" Petrie asked Vylon.
   "I'm glad you asked me that. The answer is very simple: magic."
   The gang looked at each other, and then began to laugh hysterically.
   "yeah, right!" Cera exclaimed at Vylon. Magic. There isn't anything magical about him. She knew he was faking.
   "You really think that there is nothing magical about me, Cera? I know exactly what you are thinking at any time." Vylon said. "I guess I must show you some of my magical abilities. Will you believe me then?"
   "Sure. But you won't be able to. You can't be magical. I bet you couldn't even make me float." Cera responded arrogantly.
   "Thank you for the idea." Vylon relied in a friendly manner, then he said a word in a language that the gang couldn't understand, in a voice too deep to hear coherently. Suddenly, Cera began floating a good meter above the ground. "Do you believe me now? How about if I surround you with fire that won't hurt you?" he asked, then Cera began burning a fire that matched her color perfectly. In fact, Cera looked just to be wavering instead of burning.
   The gang gasped, but Vylon just kept his smile on, and then the fire disappeared, leaving Cera completely unharmed. Cera slowly fell down to the ground, looking scared and shocked.
   "I can't believe this. This guy is magical. This is real magic." Vylon heard the gang think when Cera landed.
   "You can't be real. There isn't anything such as magic." Cera said, dumbfounded.
   "And yet you were lifted into the air once I said something. I think now would be the good time to accept magic as a reality. If you don't, the training I have in store for you will be impossible." Vylon replied with a calm demeanor.
   "Training? What training?" Littlefoot asked, suddenly alert.
   "Oh, my! I forgot to mention that. It would be best if I brought these here before we begin discussing your training." Vylon entered his cave. When he returned, the five stones that appeared before the gang were in his arms.
   "It was you who stole the stones!" Ducky exclaimed when she saw the stones.
   "Actually, I never did such thing. These are in my care until they hatch. As such, I let you come in contact with them. Then I decided to take back what was in my care and keep them in the best possible condition until you found me." Vylon said.
   "You said 'hatch.' Does this mean that these stones are really eggs?" Littlefoot asked.
   "Indeed, they are eggs. Not only eggs, though. Dragon eggs. These are the last dragon eggs in the possession of the Varden." Vylon replied. "It is your destiny to be the partners of these dragons. However, there is a catch."
   "What catch?" Petrie asked.
   "You must become like me. In other words, you must be elves. I know that you aren't elves, but I know a way that will allow to switch between an elvish and natural form." Vylon said.
   "Why do we need to be elves? What is this Varden you speak of?" Littlefoot asked in exasperation.
   "All in due time. Right now, it would be wise for you to return to your nests. It is getting late." Vylon said, noting the position of the Great Circle.
   "You right! We need to be home!" Petrie exclaimed. With that, the five began to head back to their nests.
   "Wait! I have but one request for you. That request is to meet me here tomorrow. Preferably at the Great Circle's first light." Vylon said. The five children agreed, then scurried off back home.
   "Do you think that they will comply? The information shocked them a great deal." Argana asked.
   "They will. If they don't, a little persuasion will help." Vylon replied.