The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time: The Second Stone of Cold Fire

LBTFan13 · 276 · 27098

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine watched as the stone headed into the Mysterious Beyond. "Amazing. I never thought I would see anything like it." He looked over at Littlefoot. "Was this like the one you saw?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot wasn't speaking since he had seen it and was watching it also.  He nodded to what Zaine said.  "As I remember that is how the other one looked, it also made a crackling sound like fire in the trees."  He thought a moment, "Hmm, I wonder if those riddle talking rainbowfaces will come, they showed up a little after the first one did." Littlefoot said.

Mim continued to work on Ptyra's injuries till they were all deal with as best as she could.  "There, you should heal up nicely in a short period of time."  She said.  

Ducky was watching the stone fall also, "wow, that is pretty, it is." She said nodding.

(ooc: had to watch the scene to be sure it looked the same before I did Littlefoot's reply.)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
(ooc: hey that's cool)

Zaine smiled. "There's still a chance I can see my herd again. I say we go out and look for it the first chance we get."

MEANWHILE

In the Mysterious Beyond, two egg eaters watched as the stone landed far away from them.

"It's time," one said. The two began to run towards the landing zone.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"That is odd. I feel something ... different now. That stone is special." Vylor said.

"It is if as though there is a field of power radiating from it." Argaya added.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"It must be a real one," Zaine said, "because I feel it too." Zaine then realized that the grown ups were never going to allow them to leave to find the stone. "We'll have to sneak out somehow."

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Ptyra: How can a stone have some kind of power? It's just a rock, for goodness sake!
Petrie: You nothing like uncle...
Ptyra: I was always told I was like my mother, Petrie

She looks towards the Mysteryous beyond
Ptyra: I wonder if anyone there is seeing it...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail was still floating on his back in the water as the stone flew by overhead, and he opened his eyes...he looked on in awe...it was different from any flying rock he'd seen before. "Wow..." was the only word he could get his mouth to say as he watched it fall into the Mysterious Beyond.

Cyrix on the other hand while watching the stone fall tried to turn his head to see it land, and then heard what Zaine said and replied "Of course we won't let you go...it's far too dangerous! You young ones could get hurt!"

Just then Longtail's right eye changed color, and he said "Yep...this one has to be the real thing...."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot shrugs, "It could be real or it may not, no way to know sitting around here while the grown ups argue.  What if Red Claw or someone else gets to and used the stone?" He says.  

Ducky nodded, "That would be bad, it would." She said, with a bit of a fearful look on her fact.  

Mim finished up with Ptyra and looked over to make sure she had done the seeing to the injuries properly double checking her work.    She had heard something and had looked up to watch it for a bit that she could see it.    "Unless one has proof that can lead to a conclusion one way or another all one can do is say opinions and their personal theories." She said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine looked at Cyrix. "That's why we have to go. If that stone falls into the wrong hands, it could mean big trouble for us. Please, you have to let us go!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix glared at Zaine as if getting ready to scold him, but then said "Only if Mim and I go with you...there is no other way!" He then turned to Ptyra on his back and said "Are you well enough to travel on another adventure?"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine sighed with relief. He didn't think Cyrix would have let them go, but he guessed the only reason was to keep an eye on Longtail. "Thank you. We'll leave later tonight. The grown ups won't be awake then.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "That does sound best.  The more eyes looking for sharpteeth and other dangers the safer we'll be." She said.  

Littlefoot nods, "That will give us time to rest and eat so we won't need to do that during the trip."

Ducky nods, "We need to get it before some bad guys do, we do, we do, or it could be bad.  I remember what those flyers wanted to do with the last stone." She said, nodding with a bit of a look of fear on her face.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Well, we are wasting time talking about it. We should start preparing now." Vylor said.

Then he and Argaya ran to go get some food.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Ptyra: I suppose so...
Petrie flies up onto her shoulder
Petrie: You no worry, me stay right with ya! 'Cause me good cousin!
Ptyra smiles
Ptyra: Yes you are

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "All right. Let's meet up back here tonight after everyone else is alseep. Make sure you eat a lot, because we may not get to stop much in the Mysterious Beyond."

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
(Just as Zaine finishes his sentence, a very large, very old , beige colored longneck steps from behind a bunch of trees. The little ones gasp as this longneck noone has ever seen before steps closer to them. He stops, towering over them all, when he begins to speak.)

Twilight: "Young ones, did I hear you correctly? Surely you aren't planning on doing something so un-wise as traveling off into the mysterious beyond unsupervised? I'm sure you all know the dangers that lie there, such as quicksand, fast water, and sharp teeth!

( Twighlight then looks around to make sure that none of the children's parents are around to hear the sentence that he has just spoke.)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim turns to the new arrival, "They are not going off unsupervised Cyrix and I will be going with them and if you doubt my ability I've spent all my life but the short time I was here living in what you call the mysterious beyond dealing with sharpteeth in various ways." Mim said, leaving out that she knew the kids would sneak off anyway  regardless of what the adults said.  "And though I may look like a hatchling to you but I am full grown."

Littlefoot nodded, "We know, My friends all hatched out in the mysterious beyond and came here by ourselves, the 5 of us.  We know the dangers and such out there, but some things need to be done rather then arguing and wasting time that you grown ups seem to always do, sir." Littlefoot said.

"It's true, yep, yep, yep." Ducky said agreeing with all that Littlefoot said.

Petrie nodded from where he was, "It very very scary.  We 5 come here & do sometimes, though it scaries me very much." Petrie said, shaking a bit at the thought of going outside the great valley but if his friends went out there he would have to too.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
( Twighlight looks at Mim, Littlefoot, and Petrie as they talk and explain their reasons and then begins to talk directly to Mim and Cyrix.)

Twighlight: "May I speak to you two, in private?"

( Twighlight then turns and heads back off towards the bunch of trees while Mim and Cyrix follow, away from the little children. Twighlight then turns around and begins to talk to the two other "grownups".)

Twighlight: "Please, I know you only want to please these children. And even though I don't know the full story, i'm sure that nothing good can come out of leading them into the mysterious beyond. Sharpteeth, what about them. If you encounter them, there's no way that only you two can protect those children. Why, I couldn't bear it to know that you young ones went out there, and never came back. Please listen to the voice of experience.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix smiled and almost laughed but held back as he said "You don't need to worry, our nephew Longtail the young blue flyer you saw has been fighting sharpteeth since the day he hatched, he is able to protect everyone here....but still it would be better that we get to the stone first rather than someone who would use it for their own gain."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim went off with Cyrix and the other Adult.  She nodded to what Cyrix said.  "Imagine of a sharptooth got his claws on the stone, assuming that the stone does possess supernatural abilities.  Also, for some odd reason, it seems that the adults of this valley would rather argue then do anything, making their children do what needs to get done by default."  

Not knowing what else to do Littlefoot began to eat, letting Ducky get to some of the leaves and branches so she could eat also.