The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Real Gamesmaster

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i see. I've never played any of them, So i Wouldn't know
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Can't say I do either. Wot kind of strategy games do you mean Malte? Things like Gods, Black and White, Sim City (where you play God over an area) or war game strategies like Command and Conquer or Age of Empires?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Those games I mentioned are similar to Command and Conquer or Age of Empires, but they have less of the "rioting mob running to the middle of the screen trying to kill everything that is moving without any tactic or strategy effect".

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Does anyone of you have Lord of the Realm III?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry.  I'm pretty poor at strategy games.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Action, I'm good at. Strategy- not so good.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm terrible at action games.  Strategy I can do. :D  (I gave Malte a run for his money at chess.)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Indeed! We need to meet for a "return-match" ;)
Do you play any computer strategy games too?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm pretty much at my best in some racing games.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As long as it's got action in it I'm happy whether it be hopping from platform to platform, exploration or just hacking up some bad guys I'm cool with it. I love fast-paced stuff where attacks fly in from every angle; y'know, the kinda games that despite having a chair to sit on the only part you use is the edge! LOL  :lol  My recent new game purchase (besides Max Payne 2 and Oni 3) was Devil May Cry 3. I adore it! Slick moves, cool one-liners and nothing but non-stop action!  ;) That and the main character's a bit of a bad-ass which makes it even more fun!  :DD

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Any games people prefer to be seen still on the shelves of a store or ever bought a game that is about as much fun as watching a fly on the wall? I'm generally a good judge of games but I bought one that was absolutely diabolical. Its called Twin Calibur for PS2...it was the WORST game I have ever seen created! You just shoot oncoming enemies using the analog sticks (joysticks to all you non-PS2 owners  :P: ) to aim and the X button to fire...that's it. You don't even move your character! <_< It wasnt even worthy enough to be a frisbee or a doorstop let alone a video game!  :angry:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Now that's something that shouldn't even be on PS2...

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was gonna put this as a poll but I thought it would be a waste of a topic but can I get a show of hands from all y'all gamers out there...what console(s) do you own or what do you prefer playing games on?

I'm a console man myself coz most of the time, my computer I have at the time is incapable of running games coz it's just too old!  <_< I have a PS2 (if you havent already guessed) and my brother's got a Gamecube. I've got quite a few other older consoles like Nintendo 64, PS1, Gameboy, the old Sega Megadrive (Genesis in the States) and I did have a Sega Master System but that doesnt work anymore.  :( What about everyone else? What'd you use for a bit of gaming fun?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
As most people can guess, I have a PS 1 and 2, and they work fine for me and my family.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Gamecube for me. and I Also have the old nintendo NEs system.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Is there a check for none of the above because I don't own a game system, period.  :rolleyes:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You dont have to own a console to enjoy a bit of virtual fun Arvens!  :^.^: Hey Nick! As a Cube owner, you've gotta tell me you've got Smash Bros Melee! Please enlighten me and tell me you have (or to anyone who's played it at least). That has to be my favourite beat 'em up ever! :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh...and on that note... LINK RULEZ! No contest!  :p  :P:  :lol  :DD

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anyone been listening in to the E3 show in Los Angeles last week or so? The next gen consoles have been officially announced and there look like a huge line up for forthcoming games! Can't wait for them to start hitting the shelves! ;)