The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Insane Cafe 2: Rise of the Shurlups

Nick22 · 2097 · 98912

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wataru sighed and stood up, pointing his thumb at the electronic lock on the door. "I can't get through this."

Well, that wasn't true, but he wasn't going to try and force his way in.

------

"Okay!" Spyro called back. He and Cynder sped up slightly.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Deimos placed his finger on the electronic lock and it opened. He drew his pistol and headed in.

Suddenly, there was the sound of Deimos swearing and gunshots.

Strut and Dr. Zanasiu drew their weapons and peered into the door; they saw Deimos crouched behind a crate and shooting at some terrorists. They rushed in, dove behind another crate and returned fire.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail rushed it, and thrust his staff forward. a bean of white light rushed out of it and raced towards the persons shooting at deimos. the blast ignited and flung them backwards with a tremendous chorus of screams. 'Everyone Stay down' He said, As the rest of the Group reached them.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thanks." Deimos said, as shot at a fleeing terrorist and killed him. He fished the last magazine from his holster and reloaded his pistol.

Dr. Zanasiu and Strut reloaded their weapons.

Deimos went over to one of the crates and lifted the lid off. The crate had several pieces of Dragonskin body armor and military combat helmets. He grabbed two Human conformed vests and helmets and handed them to Dr. Zanasiu and Nick. He found a vest, a helmet and a bandolier labeled "Deimos's order". He equipped himself with his order. He found a helmet for Strut and handed it to him.

"I'm going to see what we can take from the guys I shot." Deimos said. He then ransacked the bodies of the terrorists he shot and came away with 4 more magazines for his pistol. He placed them in his bandolier. He also came away with an assault rifle and two magazines for it. He also handed a 4 shotgun shells each to Dr. Zanasiu and Strut who pocketed them.  

"Nick, do you want this?" Deimos asked, showing the rifle to Nick.

"If any of you want some armor come here!" Dr. Zanasiu shouted to the rest of the group after he finished putting on the armor and helmet.

Strut checked his shell pouch. "I've got enough ammo for now. If I need more, I'll just help myself to the dead guys' stuff or the security stations."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nick took, the rifle, which was fully loaded with bullets, and Slung it over his shoulder.  He looked at the armor next. I'll take some of that." He said.
_ Stripetail turned as Dixie, Spyro Cynder reached him. Behind them, looking apologetic, were Angel and Stitch. "Stowaways" He frowned.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wataru stared at the bodies. His downcast expression was hidden by his helmet. In all of the fights he had been in, he never once come up against a creature that bled and he had most certainly never killed another human.

Spyro and Cynder looked unconcerned, both of them were used to war and could stomach it.

"We're fine," Spyro said, shrugging his armor shoulders.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos handed the armor over to Nick.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nick took the armor and strapped it on.
_
We want what they have' Stitch said, Pointing at Dixie, Spyro and Cynder. angel nodded."Stripetail shook his head. "Scooby" he said, "what should I do with these two?"
"Rhy Rask re?'Scooby said, curiously looking at the two experiments. "Because I want your opinion. "  Stripetail said. "Stitch I don't just give out things like that to just anyone. You and Angel will have to convince me that you're trustworthy."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cynder watched the two aliens with quiet amusement. Their innocent personalities made it hard for her to dislike them, but she wasn't sure giving them armor would be a good idea. She didn't say anything though since Stripetail didn't ask her opinon.

Kivat meanwhile detached himself from Wataru's belt and fluttered around to spread his wings.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Scooby?" Stripetail repeatred himself. 'Rell. Ro Rink Rhey rould rave ro rearn rit... err..Reah, reaern, rhier rings" Scooby said. Stripetail nodded. "Dixie, your thoughts? "I agree with Scooby, they need to prove themselves first.' stripetail nodded. Alright, Spyro, Cynder, your opinions please. " He said looking at the two dragons. "I want everyon'e opinion before adding these two. If I do bring them in, then we'll have ther makings of a full team." He chuckled at the thought.
_ Nick found that the armor was a bit too big for him, but at least he had some protection.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I don't see any problem with making them prove themselves," Cynder said.

"They seem nice enough," Spyro said. "And if they really want something they should be able to wait for it."

"What exactly is that armor?" Wataru asked.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"It very powerful magical armor. It can protect their wearer from extreme heat or cold, conform to your body type and shape, and do many other things.' Stripetail said. "I don't give them out to just anyone, they have to prove themselves beforehand.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos thought a moment. "We can't risk any one slowing us down. I think that it is a good idea that our two arrivals prove themselves."

Strut looked at Wataru. "The armor that Nick, Deimos, Dr. Zanasiu and myself wear isn't magical but it is extremely tough."

Dr. Zanasiu shrugged. "Hmm. Dragonskin military armor plus fireproof, acidproof and cut resistant lab coat and pants work for me." Strut and Deimos nodded.

Dr. Zanasiu looked at Deimos and Strut. "Remind me to order you some fire and acid proof clothing later."

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well, I guess we should get moving," Cynder said.

"Yeah, it sounded like your friend would need all the help he can get," Kivat said.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"He's right." Deimos said, looking at Kivat. "We need to hurry."

----

Deeper inside the complex Rime, a light blue Troodon was crouched behind a crate.

"Anytime now, Zanasiu." Rime said into his radio. He stood up and killed a terrorist with a few rifle bullets to the head.

Zachary, an anthropomorphic Clydesdale, swore as a terrorist grenade exploded in front of the crate he was using for cover.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We come with you guys. " stitch said, a note og eagerness in his voice.  He jumped on Nick's back. "Whoa, whoa, Stitch!' Nick exclaimed. "Angel..!" but it was too late. Angel had jumped onto him as well.
_
"Just carry them, and stick close to me' Stripetail said. He fingered his staff. "Lead on Deimos. You guys know this place better than we do.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos moved up front.

Dr. Zanasiu radioed Rime, "Rime, the reinforcements are arriving. Where are you?"

-------

"I'm in basement floor 7!" Rime shouted over the gunfire. He shot a terrorist and ducked behind the crate.

----

"We're at the entrance. We need to get a quick briefing from the control room first." Dr. Zanasiu said.

"Forget the control room! I'm almost out of ammo!" came the voice on the radio.

Deimos listened in. "We'll go to the control room later and see how much we can help." he said.

He readied his pistol and moved further down the bullet riddled hallway. Dr. Zanasiu and Strut followed.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The dim hallway was lit only by Stripetail's staff, which cast a dim light a few feet in front of him. Dixie  found that she could see down to the end of the hallway. "Is there an elevator or staircase close by?' She asked. Nick shrugged, as much as he could with Angel and Stitch hanging onto him. 'Let's just follow those guys.." He said.
_
 Rould Re rlit rup?" Scooby asked.
_
  No.. we should stick together. "tHis place is not familar to me.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Strut looked back at Mr. Bigmouth. "Mr. Bigmouth, unless you want to get shot, I'd suggest you get some armor and weapons."

"I'm not used to using weapons." Mr. Bigmouth replied.

Strut sighed. "Mr. Bigmouth! When the Claw Valley dinosaurs invaded the Great Valley you served your part."

"I served as the medic and the herbalist!"

"If you aren't comfortable using a gun, take a knife or something. Look at Nick, he hasn't used a gun before but he accepted the weapon."

Mr. Bigmouth sighed and took an assault rifle from a dead terrorist. He changed the magazine and cocked the weapon just as Nick did.

-----

Dr. Kerzach was back at the cafe eating some hash browns. He looked at Ducky. "So where are you from?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They're from the Great Valley" Ali said, speaing up, from her plate of leaves. "I've been there a couple times, I'm part of traveling herd of longnecks.
_
Shaggy stretched as he fuinished his meal, which had consisted of six full portions of eggs, sausages, and hash browns. "Pity Nick left..I could use some more food' He said. Shaggy was almost never full..no matter how much he ate.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: