The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

About the latest version of the game

action9000 · 945 · 84379

kanganix

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My FurAffinity
hey action9000 how about the characters yeh the pictures are nice in the selection but how about the visualization of the characters

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think we will need people who can do 3d animation and create those characters first kanganix. Probably, that will come later in the game.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does seem the character seems to be able to move much faster then before.  Things seem much better.

kanganix

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My FurAffinity
w8 i know where you can make your own 3D animation heres the link

the compost in to 3

LINK: http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blogwa...tion-Blogs.html

enjoy!!!  :DD

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
After doing a bit of playing around, I have reached some conclusions for the game's current system requirements:

Processor: Pentium 4 or equivalent CPU.

RAM: The game eats up 150MB of RAM so being able to load all of Windows and the whole game (plus any Applications you have) would be ideal.  Therefore I recommend a minimum of 512MB.

Video card: Unfortunately the graphics are not well-coded right now.  I have gotten very poor, jerky performance on any system without dedicated video memory.

Playable results have come from, to me, on any computer with:
1) A video card that has dedicated RAM on it, as opposed to sharing system RAM.
2) A video card with at least 256MB of memory.

I don't know which one of these factors is more important since I haven't been able to test other combinations.  I do know that a low-end video card with 256MB of dedicated memory works awesome and a video card with 128 MB of shared system memory is unplayable.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Those are interesting system requirements.  I've noticed that my frames per second, if that is the correct phrase, is lower then before.  I use to get about 59 and now I get around 53-55, not much lower.  I guess it may be due to the resolution I choose, which is the one the default is at.  

For most games, except for old ones, built in video usually isn't good enough it seems.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
which is the one the default is at.
It used to default to 800x600 resolution and 32-bit colour.

kanganix

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My FurAffinity
hey action9000 you use Pentium 4 Processor and 256 MB

i use Pentium 3 (P3) 800 Mhz and a memory of 256 SD Ram with a video card

(Brand name : Nvidia Geforce 4 MX x8 AGP 128MB)

the graphics are outstanding you will see no lines just 3D pure

i will w8 on the Update on the game guys i hope it will be a success game of pure online and offline   :DD

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
the graphics are outstanding you will see no lines just 3D pure
And does the game run smooth too?
If it feels smooth when you move around, that means we know something about the system requirements. :)

kanganix

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My FurAffinity

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
you will call too smooth in the game
Good!

Okay, that basically settles that:

System requirements:

Processor: Pentium 3 or better.
RAM: 256MB (probably not an absolute minimum but a recommended minimum)
Video: Any video card with dedicated Video RAM (not shared RAM).  Any video card that uses shared RAM will have trouble.  Unfortunately, most laptop video cards (except modern, or gaming laptops) do share their memory with the system RAM and therefore will have trouble. :(

Thank you very much, Kanganix! :D  :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like fairly moderate system requirements.  That is a plus.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Indeed it is, because my pc has similar specs of Kanganix's pc :smile .

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
so i think its pretty safe to say at this point that the water glitches can't be done. I've spent probably about an hour total trying to do both glitches on varies slopes throughout the river, with no success.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
so i think its pretty safe to say at this point that the water glitches can't be done. I've spent probably about an hour total trying to do both glitches on varies slopes throughout the river, with no success.
Woo! About time! :p

Thanks flathead, I sincerely appreciate it.

kanganix

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My FurAffinity
i wish i can help in the game  but ha had a lot of work to do   :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i wish i can help in the game but ha had a lot of work to do
Don't worry, theres still a really really long time, before this game is gonna be finished, so i'm sure you'll be able to help some time in the future.

Woo! About time! dino_tongue.gif

Thanks flathead, I sincerely appreciate it.
Heh, no problem. Though i gotta admit, i was kinda hoping i would be able to find a way to pull it off :lol.

Also, i just had my first class of the 3D digital imagery. I guess theres 25 people total in the class, so thats definately enough interest for the coarse to keep going, now i just gotta see if i can survive through the semester, as i have an overloaded coarse load at this moment. Anyways, so hopefully i'll be able to help with some modeling or whatever sometime in the future.

kanganix

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My FurAffinity
Don't worry, theres still a really really long time, before this game is gonna be finished, so i'm sure you'll be able to help some time in the future.

yeh i had a 3d modeling studion in my computer i download before the flash animation i will finish and call the project "project kanganix" soon  :DD