The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you watching?

Amaranthine · 1787 · 141598

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Avatar: The Last Airbender, Siege of the North part 2

Mostly because I'm trying to get references for Koh the Face Stealer...who is a great pain to draw.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have started to watch the Naruto series :)
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Secrets of Scientology (documentary)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Takes a breath*
I have finished watching The Room...and survived

Now, everyone loves "You're tearing me apart, Lisa" and the plethora of "Ohai, Mark"
But my favorite poorly executed line is "You can't do this to Johnny! He's very sensitive!"
...Because, you know...sensitivity is the most important thing to focus on when you're stabbing your fiance in the back

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Earlier today I watched 'The Final Days' a nice historical film about the last days of the Nixon Presidency.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cosmos 2014 with Niel DeGrass Tyson

It's not totally Cosmos without Vangelis, but still pretty incredible just the same. But still...needs more Vangelis.

The animations done by Seth McFarlane are absolutely incredible too, and give so much life to the scientists that are either neglected in education, or have their stories simply told as "derp, an apple fell on his head and he discovered gravity!"
If Seth McFarlane did more animated stories about the great scientists through history, in the same way he does here...I would enjoy that. I personally am sickened by his comedy, but I LOVE what he's doing while he's doing something fairly serious...and even mystical.

Seriously, though...Newton's story alongside Halley's is flippin' awesome. Especially the part with not publishing Newton's writings on gravity because the scientific society was trying to push publication of a book that was failing horribly. "A history of fish"...just page after page of fish illustrations. There are worse reasons to not publish scientific discoveries, but that one's just hilariously lame  :lol . At least it's not herasy.

The new Cosmos isn't much different from the original, but it employs much of what Sagan either didn't know/have space to talk about, as well as using technology they didn't have on hand in the sixties. The "ship of the imagination" is still there, the scripting is similar, and the presence of the hosts is just so cozy and welcoming. If Netflix still had the original on instant view, it's something to watch back to back.

But Vangelis, though! Where is it!?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Incredibles. Might have a little crush on Violetta now :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zardoz.

It seemed as good of a night as any to rewatch my favorite "bad" movie.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Will be watching Mrs. Doubt fire in a bit, and plan on watching Aladdin and Dead Poets Society within the next 24 hours. Yes, I'm honoring Robin Williams too.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A childhood favorite, The Princess Bride
I don't even know how four-year-old me sat through this; a child my age would have found it boring.

But it's just so entertaining, with icing on the cake humor...the icing you want and remember more than the actual cake =P . And near endlessly quoteable

It was especially fun when one of my kittens was chasing flickering dots on the TV screen during the first big swordfight scene