The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers

Serris · 697 · 79798

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Kagetora nodded his head.  
"Should I accompany the unit headed to the AWTR? Or shall I stay here and guard these two?"
"Yeah.  Same here.  I'll head towards the weapons room, if it's chill with you."
Neku said, stepping around the corner with Snow...

Cale appeared next to the commander, nodding his head.  
"Master.  I have returned. I apologize for my...failure..."
He said, bowing his head in deference.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Werner sighed "I learned some medical techniques from my father who was in the army but he went missing when I was 15 I don't know what happened to him,' he said.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Vic was late for the action when he arrived, and only managed to watch as only a few individuals disappear around the corner.  He quickly and cautiously made his way to the control room to find a lot of bodies, dead and alive, and he lowered his weapon as soon as he spotted the military insignias on the soldier's arms.  "I guess I was late to the party?  I'm Vic, a combat medic unit."

----------

Snow was hesitant when Neku led them through the halls towards the weapons room, but she kept close to him.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton gaped. "You're a medic? Then do I have a job for you!" He stepped out of the way, giving Vic a glimpse of Werner. "We've got two direct ballistic wounds in each knee, and a dermal laceration on the left shoulder, and to treat it, I only have," he squinted into the pouch, "a small bottle of iodine, a vial of what looks like alcohol, water proof bandages, cotton, and a makeshift tourniquet." He looked at Vic. "Well, MacGyver, take it away."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Kagetora looked at Vic for a moment, then he spoke.
"Vincent?  So, you finally became a medic, mm?  It's been far too long..."
He said, a slight awe in his voice...

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Vic replaced his rifle with his medical bag and made his way to Werner's side, taking a better look at the wounds as Shelton described.  The first thing he pulls out was a syringe of morphine.  "This will hurt some," he said, "But I bet it'll hurt less than what you just got."  Before Werner could have time to protest or prepare, Vic then jammed the syringe into his leg and lets the painkiller into the bloodstream.

He proceded to his surgery kit before replying to Kagetora.  "It is too long, sir, to the point you forgot my name.  It's Victor, sir."

----------

Dr. Joe tried to keep herself from pacing as she waited.  "What do you think happened with the others?" she thought outloud.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
James heard Dr. Joe's musings. His face suddenly darkened. "Damn! I forgot! I only hope that the terrorists ran into some resistance."

"James. The experiments possess great power and most of the scientists will fight to the death for their creations." the Clydesdale said, "Besides, a decent amount of the scientists can handle guns."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Not including Stephen Hawking over there," smiled a trooper, as the four of them marched back into the room, and chucked a laptop at Shelton's face, who caught it and landed on his back, cursing.

The commander checked the cartridge in his Elite 1A, and looked up unexpectedly. "Well? Let's get cracking to that Weapons Room!"

Shelton grimaced as he got to his knees and opened the laptop. "Yes, why don't you? We'll be so sorry to see you go." His fingers flew across the keys. "I've still got authorization for the defense systems, but my controls are extremely limited, and touchpads slow me down a lot. Don't expect me to be as prompt as I was in the past. Especially if it's one of your asses on the line," he frowned in Cobalt Squad's direction.

(BTW, anyone can play as Cobalt Squad members whenever they want to. They aren't exclusively my characters.)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I said a decent amount and that does not mean all." James said, grinning slightly. "So who's coming?"

Two Cobalt Squad members stepped forward.

"Ok. Then. Neku, Siberys, Snow, Dr. Joe, Zachary?"

Zachary nodded in reply. "Ready."

(OOC - Zachary is the Clydesdale)

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Meanwhile, In the AWTR, a terrorist sharpshooter was kneeling out a window, carefully carving a hole in a faraway wall with a laser rifle. when she finished, she contacted Cale. "Sir, passage to the lower levels has been obtained. You can now go in and acquire Lockdown."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Vic continued to tend to Werner's injuries, using his tools to remove any remaining metal in the wounds and then beginning to sew and patch up the openings, starting with the shoulder.  "Your knees have been taken a bit more than it should," he explained.  "Someone will have to help carry you out.  I'll give you some more morphine when you feel like you can't take it."  He turned to the others.  "Have we found any other survivors since those guys crashed in on us?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James took a deep breath. "We were en route to the AWTR when Shelton was attacked. We had planned to arm ourselves and then sweep the facility." He handed Zachary back his rifle.

Zachary accepted the rifle and handed James back his shotgun. "We rescued the experiment known as 'Snow' and the associated scientist Dr. Joe from a lab that suffered an explosion. Those 2 appear to be the only survivors from that blast."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku nodded.  
"I haven't felt any other presences here either. I'm guessing most everyone else either escaped or..."
He trailed off, unsure if he should continue his thought...

"Or they died."
Kagetora said, standing up and readying his rifle...

Neku nodded.
"Yeah. Let's head towards the AWTR."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"It would be better for me to stay here since It would only slow you all down and risk other experiemnts getting into the terrorist hands,' werner said as a computer tech helped him into a chair.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James and the rest of the gang headed to the AWTR.

Along the way they stopped at many labs. Most of the labs were ravaged by explosives, gunfire or both.

Just before the AWTR, James pointed to a lab door that was untouched. Zachary nodded and accompanied James to the door.

"Cover us." James said to the 2 Cobalt Squad soldiers. They nodded and readied their weapons as James unlocked the door.

Cautiously and with their weapons at the ready, Zachary and James entered the lab. A muffled yelp caught their attention.

James traced the noise to a utility closet and tried the door only to find it was locked. He readied his shotgun to shoot out the lock.

"James! There's someone behind there! You'll injure them if you shoot out the lock." Zachary said.

James lowered his weapon and scanned the room as Zachary kicked down the door.

Inside the utility closet was a Dhole scientist who was tied to a pipe. James used a pair of metal shears he found inside the closet to free the scientist.

"Am I glad to see you!" the Dhole said, "I've been stuck in there for the past 5 hours."

"Are there any potentially dangerous objects here?" James asked.

"This is a magentics lab. We work on magnetic levitation here." The Dhole reached for her ID. She frowned. "Damn! The terrorists stole my ID!"

"Ok. We'll deal with that. Now the question is, can you use a gun?" Zachary asked.

The Dhole nodded. "I've spent some time on the shooting range. But I'm not very good."

"Ok. Sorry. Dr. Joe has my pistol, so you'll have to go unarmed." James said.

The Dhole shook her head and grabbed a thin steel tube about 3 feet from one of the testing benches.

The group left the lab. The 2 Cobalt Squad members rejoined them. "So I see you found a survivor?" one of the soldiers said.  

"Ok. Everyone. We have a new ally." James said. The Dhole stepped forward, holding her steel tube like a staff.

Zachary radioed Shelton. "Shelton! Should we find possible allies first or tackle the AWTR?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"You've got a pretty impressive squad already, if you want my opinion," responded Shelton. "I think you can get away with running the gauntlet now and getting your hands some more advanced weaponry. Then we can risk entering the lower levels.

"One other thing: I don't have video camera, so if you come across anything visual you need analyzed, take a picture and send it to me, if you can. I'd appreciate anything regarding terrorist activity, so I can start piecing together why they attacked us in the first place."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah and if you come across someone who looks like me but older tell him that I'm ok alright,' werner said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton turned to Werner. "Is that the terrorist looking like an older you? I saw him on the cameras after Neku joined up with us. You know him?"

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Werner looked at the camrea and said "That my father I thought he was dead he left when I was 10 I haven't heard anything since'.