The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers

Serris · 697 · 81145

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The canine walked back into the room, followed by some lieutenants. Pietrson was not in sight. The canine addressed the group at large.

"I would like to apologize for the damage my superiors have caused towards you and this facility. I am acting commander Atticus ?delwulf, the chosen leader of the remaining sublevel guard. My men and I shall perform whatever actions you desire to make up for our commanders' traitory."

(OOC: Serris, I just made up the name for the canine guy. If you had a name you were hoping to give him, or wanted him to say something different, I can delete or edit this post, if you like)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(OOC - the name's fine)

"Commander Aedelwulf, I am Dr. James Zanasiu." James said. "These are my allies: Zachary Johnson and Sharon Varma."

Dr. Kerzach looked at Commander Aedelwulf. "I am Dr. Yuri Kerzach."

Siberys introduced himself. "I am Siberys. Just Siberys."

"Hey, Shelton! We need to plan with Commander Aedelwulf!" James shouted.

(OOC - Sharon Varma is the Dhole.)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Rudy Shelton, at your service," Shelton replied offhand, still focused on the computer screen. "James, Kerzach and me have scanned for life signs. The terrorists have all grouped together in the main hangar, and I'm getting a strange energy reading from one corner of the room. My guess is they've finished whatever they're working on and have activated it. We might not have much time."

The Cobalt commander reloaded his pistol. "We need to get over there now and stop them."

"With my troops, you'll have a fighting chance," said ?delwulf.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I'm Cale.  Renegade experiment, and ally to these fine people."
Cale said, nodding his head at the troops coolly.

The halved wolf spoke next.
"Name's Slash.  Also a rouge experiment, if you couldn't tell."
He said, bowing slightly...

The figure in the straitjacket was the next to speak up.
"Agito is my name.  A pleasure."
He added, inclining his head.

"Kagetora, ex-Vigoorian tactical ninja.  At you service, sir."
Kagetora stated, saluting AEdelwulf

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I'm Hans Donitz former German Army Major but was later re assigned to take part in a undercover operation within the terrorist unit that took some control of the base by Kommando Spezialkr‰fte the special forces division of the German Army,' Hans said.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Commander ?delwulf, what are your plans for the moment based on the intel we have received?" James asked.

Sharon looked at the computer monitor. "Hmm. It looks like the terrorists set up some kind of fusion reactor in the hanger."

Zachary frowned. "A fusion reactor? What are they planning to do with a fusion reactor? Unless they are...nah. They wouldn't be trying to set off some kind of EMP pulse would they?"

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Whatever it is," said Cobalt commander, "I say we destroy it."

Shelton scoffed. "Typical military response. What if it is a fusion reactor, and we blow it with C4? This whole base go up in smoke. Or should I say a mushroom cloud."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Bill Nye, I don't hear you giving any suggestions."

"Here's one, then," Shelton brought up a shematic of the area around the main hangar. "The inherent danger in fusion reactors comes from the threat of power excursions in the reactors themselves, which would result in steam explosions that expose the core and send radioactive particles and gaseous debris into the atmosphere, like what happened at Chernobyl. That is the worst case scenario."

"Will it come to that?"

"Under normal circumstances, no. Since Chernobyl, a safety device known as a 'core catcher' is a required installment, stopping the meltdown from escaping the reactor. The problem is, I don't know if the terrorists have installed one or not."

"How could we find out?"

"Aren't we jumping to conclusions?" asked Syberis. "We don't even know it is a fusion reactor."

"I'm just thinking worse case scenario," said Shelton. "If we charge in like Spartans, we might cause a nuclear fallout."

"I don't see us having any other choice at the moment," interrupted the Cobalt commander. "They've turned the thing on, and if we don't get down there soon, it'll be too late to stop them. we can't stop them from up here."

"We have an army now, let's use it," agreed Siberys.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well since they don't know I've joined you I could go find out,' hans said.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Kerzach was working with the sensors. He looked up from the console and spoke. "That will not be necessary Hans. The auditory sensors are heavily damaged but I gleaned some info. Something called an 'Einstein-Rosen bridge' was mentioned. Lockdown was also mentioned but the feed is garbled and not much else that makes sense can be gleaned from it."

James frowned. "Hmm. So it is not an EMP weapon. But we must stop them. If they plan to turn that fusion reactor into a dirty bomb, it could render Pelvanida and parts of the surrounding area unusable for several decades if not longer."

Sharon nodded. "We cannot wait too long to act."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Right but how are we going to destroy it, I mean would using explosives would cause it to go off right,' hans asked.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Right," said Shelton. "I just said that."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"The fusion reactor could be shut down and we could simply destroy the Einstein-Rosen bridge." Sharon suggested.

"But that reactor is an improvised instrument, we don't know what it will do." Zachary countered.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton snapped his fingers. "Your mentioning Lockdown gave me an idea." He reached back through the hole in the wall, and pulled Lockdown through. "What if our friend here turns the bridge into anti-matter? It experienced molecular discohesion, disintegrates, and there you go, problem solved. Only bummer is there'll be no evidence to examine later, but I personally can live with that."

?delwulf thought. "That means we'll have to get him close enough to be able to touch the bridge. That won't be easy."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'd suggest that we don't get Lockdown involved in this." Zachary said. "If my memory serves right, the terrorists took Lockdown from the sublevels; thus they want him for something. If we bring him there, we could be giving the terrorists exactly what they want. "

"I still think blowing up the bridge with something like a rocket is the best bet. The only problem is we risk damaging the fusion reactor and we could potentially turn it into a huge dirty bomb." James said.

Dr. Kerzach was monitoring one of the computer consoles. "Hey, something is consuming most of the power output from the base's fusion reactor. The consumption is over 75%. I've never seen a power consumption so high."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Then we need to get over there as fast as possible!" exclaimed Shelton, looking worried.

"Why?" asked Sharon.

"At that rate of consumption, the machine will have completely depleted the base of energy in less than an hour!"

"So? That's good, right?" asked Siberys.

"No, because obviously the terrorists will have calculated that into their plan," Shelton snapped angrily. "Meaning once the power's gone, they've finished what they've wanted to do, and it's too late."

"Then what're we waiting for?" said the Cobalt commander. "Let's git over there, and then figure out what to do."

----------------

Meanwhile, in the main hangar, the second lieutenant addressed the first, who was currently in charge. "Event horizon established. Should we begin sending troops through?"

"Negative," replied the first lieutenant. "Commander gave specific orders not to start troop transport until he got back."

A third lieutenant, from the control panel on the bridge, called over, "Well, in twenty minutes, we'll have to start with him or without, in order to get everyone through."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cale nodded.
"Worst-case scenario, I can power the base for a moment.  Hopefully, I won't need to do that.  In fact...I have a plan.  That reactor...I can drain it's power.  If I can get close to it, and you guys can keep these people away from me, then I can drain the electrical energy, so that it's useless."
He said, calmly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton nodded. "That might work," he said. "But we'd still need to send the bulk of the forces to the hangar, to stop the terrorists from blowing the fusion reactor once they realize that we're on to them."

(OOC: If we go with this plan, I still want Shelton heading for the hangar with the large force, if that's okay. Kerzach could go to assist Cale, if need be.)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - not sure how 2 non combatants would work in this case but I'll allow it.)

"Sounds like a plan." James said.

"Let's do it." Sharon said. Her eyes flashed with resolution.

"For Pelvanida!" Zachary shouted.

(OOC - cue Scharze Sonne by E Nomine)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
?delwulf and his men took up James' cheer, and fell in line behind him as the adrenaline-charged mass headed for the main hangar.