The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Member Trivia

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Both wrong: At one point, I posted "Olympus Mons" for my geographic location, causing lbt/cty_lover to amend the original post with the words "ON EARTH!" regarding what you could use as your location.

And I was the one who suggested to landbeforetimelover to add the URL to the bottom of the banner.

Malte, you're the only other one who really plays, and you've got a 50/50 :p

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
4 can be seen on the 35th page of the Geography Game. Damn! :p Then it can only be 1.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: jansenov,Apr 15 2013 on  03:01 AM
4 can be seen on the 35th page of the Geography Game. Damn! :p Then it can only be 1.
Are you allowed to guess twice? :p Regardless, you got it. The first successful proposal on the Rock Circle was mine asking that we move the dozens of "Ask Me" threads completely filling the Party Room. (A different proposal asked that we update the Member levels and images, but it was rejected and unrelated to the later successful revision.)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Which 2 are not true.

1) I have contributed to the look of the site.
2) This the second avatar I'm using.
3) Eventhough I live in the sunnier and warmer part of Europe, I would like to move to a place warmer and sunnier still.
4) This is my 5th year at the university.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
1. and 3. ?
Inactive, probably forever.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You're really out of luck, David. 2 and 4 are not true.

I did contribute to the look of the site. The "sad Littlefoot" icon, when there are no new posts in a forum, is my caption.

This is my third avatar. The first avatar was the scene where Ducky is held by her mom immediately after Ducky's hatching and little adventure where she almost got eaten. The second avatar was the head of a giraffe (giraffes are one of my favorite animals).

I love the sun and warmth. Lack of both affects my mood dramatically. Croatia is one of the rainier parts of Europe, and it still has rather cold winters. That's why I sometimes ponder about moving to Cyprus or even to Australia, eventhough if I ever move out of Croatia, it is far more likely I will move north, to Austria or Germany. A good salary and proximity to Croatia would probably offset the darker days and gloomier weather.

This is also not my 5th year at the university. I quit during the third year, after a episode of severe depression. Although I finished high school as one of the best in the generation, I still didn't have a clear idea of where do I go from there. During the last year of high school it had appeared pharmacy will suit me best, so I decided to go with that.

I didn't have much trouble passing the entry exams, eventhough it is is one of the most competitive faculties in Croatia. I was also one of the better students at the end of the first semester, but then things started going downhill. During the 1st year I already disliked pharmacy, but the large salary that awaited upon finishing was very enticing and I thought if I put enough effort I can make it. I couldn't make it. It just kept getting worse and worse, and I started lagging behind people who once lagged behind me, until I broke down in the 3rd year.

I made two great mistakes. The first was that I didn't take enough time to decide what I really want to do. I read that people in the USA often don't go to university immediately after they finish high school, but take a menial job and wait for a year until things sort out in their heads. But OK, things like this happen. People sign up for the wrong thing and after half a year or year they try something else. Nothing usual.

The second, even greater, and perhaps inexcusable mistake is that I stubbornly persisted in a fool's errand for 3 years. I only succeded in damaging my health, and creating a pile of debt that I will still take 2 years to pay off. Now I have temporary jobs from time and time, and I'm pondering what to do next.

So, David, when you finish high school and decide to go to some faculty, take things very seriously. If you are not 100% certain in your choice, then wait for a year, or even longer if you need to. It's infinitely better to lag behind your generatino than to do what I did.

So, since the correct answers are obvious now, who gets to play next?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You're really out of luck, David. 2 and 4 are not true.
Dammit  :lol  Now I know, how the gang felt in LBT 6 ;)

So, David, when you finish high school and decide to go to some faculty, take things very seriously. If you are not 100% certain in your choice, then wait for a year, or even longer if you need to. It's infinitely better to lag behind your generatino than to do what I did.
Thank you for the advice :) I'll think carefully about that.
I still have two years of school though :D

So, since the correct answers are obvious now, who gets to play next?
Since I've a lot of bad luck I better should ask questions instead of answering them :P:
Besides noone replied here so I'll ask the next questions :)

Which of them is the subject I want to study (currently) ?

1. psychology
2. history
3. chemistry
4. meteorology

yes, you've inspired me, jansenov  :lol:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
History?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'll take meteorology because it's hard to imagine you coming up with that as a wrong answer.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'll say chemistry
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nick you're right :)
I currently plan to study chemistry when I finish school in two years :)
chemistry fascinates me i.a. because the reactions are mostly cool... explosions, fire, colour changes and many others. It's at all events something I want to have to do at my job :yes
I did a practical training as a chemical lab assistant for two weeks last month and it was great :DD

LB&T good argument :P: Actually you're not wrong since meteorology would be my second choice :lol(I should have made this a 2 of 4 instead of 1 of 4  :angel )

I'm interested in History in general, but it's not something I'd like to study.

psychology... :x

your turn Nick22 :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
who wants to be next?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I will.

There are no firearms in my house.

I have a VA CCW.

I have been involved in a laboratory accident.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
There are no firearms in my house.
--Bfff HAHAHAHA *snort* hoo hoo HAHAHAHA...

oh man....

I have a VA CCW.
*spits out drink* AHAHAHAHAHA *second snort* OH hohoho...

I have been involved in a laboratory accident.
...Well this would be the obvious one because it's not revolved around your hot button issue, but I don't see you making that up. I'll have to guess the middle one then, because you're from New Jersey.

Also post in Darwin's Soldiers :p

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Correct. I technically can apply for a VA CCW but it's useless to me because I don't have a handgun.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Cool. Let me dash out a quick one.
-----------------------------------------------

1) I had Apple Jacks for breakfast today.

2) The first statement is false only if the third statement is true.

3) The false statement is only adjacent to a single true one.

4) The False statement is an odd number.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Either 1 or 3 are false.

I say 3 is false.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Eh...in my rush I screwed up the puzzle. 3 and 1 should have been switched so there could only be one right answer.  

1 is incorrect. I had a completely different breakfast of:

Your turn jansenov!