The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2439 · 181520

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I love cheese and diary foods...but whenever I ate a certain amount...I literally feel like mucus is growing in my throat...:x

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That happens to me too sometimes, though I can't tell whether its a diary cough or a "your getting sick again" cough.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Congrats! :D

I think the greatest people I ever met was either off in some other country or online.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I need to check to make sure my turkey from thanksgiving didn't go bad... I know, not much of a thing about me... I'll add something substantial later. XD

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One of my pet peeves is when people use the term "gay" to mean "stupid" as in, "That's so gay!"

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
^ Tell me about it! :rolleyes When I was in middle school, the kids who teased me about my love of dinosaurs would always try to get on my nerves (and often, unfortunately, succeed) by saying, "Dinosaurs are gay!"

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm celebrating the end of my fall semester by reviving a few "dead" Party Room threads. This one hasn't been touched in over three weeks, so...I figured it counted. :p

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I am able to force start my adrenaline. It's not unheard of. There are some who can. Here is an example of where such people are found: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...02041516AAuDIlp.

I can do it by creating voluntary anger. It's hard to explain. You know how dance lessons over and over can give what's known as muscle memory to duplicate those movements over and over? You could say this is like emotional memory. In less than a minute, I can make myself furious. (Troublesome past.) The thing is though, it's what's known as "double edged sword." I'll try to explain what doing this is like.

You know how credit cards work? You don't haev sufficient funds, so you charge credit, using money that you don't have to pay it off later. Using adrenaline for extended periods causes immense fatigue. It begins while you're still in the mode, and if you suddenly stop yourself, it's quite a shock to your body, as it spent energy it didn't have, and the end result is a bill. If I do it for too long, it becomes difficult to even more for a while. But let's get to the benefits, huh?

If you can do this well enough, you cause an extreme pain reduction. I've done some tests. I've gotten like this, then ran as fast as I could on a road made or loose rocks, not pavement. For over a minute, it didn't hurt at all. Back to the bill thing though, when I stopped and sat down, I felt all the pain I would have felt otherwise all at once. The pain persisted for a while and I had to limp.

Those who've seen picture know I have a small body. Nonetheless, my old boss from the hardware store would tell you I'm the "strongest" loader he's ever had employed under him. It's not that I'm strong, it's what I do to make up for that. They had these six feet tall, one hundred foot long rolls of wire fencing. Even with a partner, we loaders struggle to load them, as they are quite heavy. Well, you can call up who my head loader was, and he'll tell you that I'd get like that, I could load them by myself, one after the other for some time. Also, due to the pain thing, the pressure of the wiring didn't hurt when I lifted alone either.

When I'd stop and see the marks on my arms, I'd sometimes be surprised, since I didn't feel myself getting them while I worked. Depending on how long I'd do such things, I'd be gasping for breath afterwards. The loader was aware I can do this, and at first enjoyed it. However, he's a caring guy, so after seeing how much it'd wear on me, he told me that I am no longer allowed to get like that unless someone was with me.

This state makes me very impatient. I do not think about my actions, but instead hurry to get them done. That make may seem bad in general, but as a loader there, I only had to lift things and, well, load them onto peoples' vehicles, so wasn't much to think about.

It takes less than a minute for me to get very sweaty and for my heart to start racing. It's an exhilarating feeling, both painful and pleasant at the same time. Anyway, just thought I'd mention something else about me.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
About an hour ago (11:59 PM, to be exact :p), as a last-minute Christmas experience, I had my second taste of an alcoholic beverage: half a shot glass of Irish Cream. My opinion on the flavor of alcohol remains unchanged, however. To me it tasted like a combination of eggnog and mouthwash. :x

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
^I'm not wild about liquers either.  What was your first drink?

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can drink champagne, but I don't like more than a sip of regular wine. I'm not sure why that is.  :blink:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mirumoto_Kenjiro,Dec 27 2009 on  08:50 PM
^I'm not wild about liquers either.  What was your first drink?
A reeeeeally tiny sip of wine (red, I think) at a restaurant in late August of this year. Even that made me frantic to wash the taste out of my mouth. :lol I don't like foods or beverages with a strong bitter flavor, so alcohol's probably not for me.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
My first taste of alcohol was in Poland in Spring 2007. Only the milky cocktail was actually good and I could still taste the alcohol.

I love to cook with liquor and wine but I hate drinking it.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've never tried white wine. I would like to, though. I've never cooked with alcohol, though.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
When it comes to Pepsi and Coke, I only like the original kinds and none of the variations.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I LOVED that asian coke I tried in Disney World. :wub: I think it was Korean, it had a strawberry, watermelon flavor. ^^

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like vanilla coke too.

(Rat Lady, could we talk on the PM system. I have something to ask about.)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
While I do like Dr. Pepper or coke, my favorite soft drink if Creme :D .