The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Loss of a loved one...

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Well... I got a bittersweet piece of news today... One of my grandpas died. The one I don't get to see often... At around 7-ish this morning. Kidney failure. I find myself sitting here, in a bit of a shock, but the realization has hit that I never got the chance to see him recently, so close to his passing... And that hurts the most... :( ...Well, he's with Yahweh-shua now, blessed be El Shaddai... :^.^: ...See you up there, grandpa. Bye bye... *sniff*
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aww that's sad. Hope you're doing okay Aaron.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Mar 31 2009 on  08:46 AM
Aww that's sad. Hope you're doing okay Aaron.
Thanks, Iris... I'm okay, I think...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Mar 31 2009 on  08:55 AM
Sorry about that NN. :( *hugs* :cry
Rat_Lady7.... Thank you... *hugs back*

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My deepest condolences on your loss. How old was your grandfather?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Mar 31 2009 on  09:12 AM
My deepest condolences on your loss. How old was your grandfather?
Oh, Nick... The only admin I'm unfamiliar with, besides Littlefoot1616... My grandpa was, oh, in his early 80s I think.... If not that, then very late 70s.... Thanks for asking...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the aberage male lives to be 76, so your grandfather lived longer than that. I know it hurts, I lost 2 of my relatives witin 2 weeks of each other in 2006, one we knew was dying, the other took us completely by surprise. one of them , my uncle had brian cancer, and my aunt had complications from gastrobypass surgery. Both were in their late 40s shhe was 46, he had just turned 49.  needless to say that fall was a huge downer..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Mar 31 2009 on  09:20 AM
the aberage male lives to be 76, so your grandfather lived longer than that. I know it hurts, I lost 2 of my relatives witin 2 weeks of each other in 2006, one we knew was dying, the other took us completely by surprise. one of them , my uncle had brian cancer, and my aunt had complications from gastrobypass surgery. Both were in their late 40s shhe was 46, he had just turned 49.  needless to say that fall was a huge downer..
Yeah... My apologies for your losses too... Yeah, it's not easy... One minute you're here, and the next, you're dead. No fanfare, nothing... Just dead... Reminds me of how precious life really is....

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It hurts now, but in timeb you'll remember the good times.. we lose the ones we love as we get older, we can't change that.. All we can do as make the most of the time we have with them..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I am very sorry to hear about you loss, Aaron! :(
I hope you're feeling better than this morning, and that the worse sorrow has passed you. Take care, and you have my best wishes.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lillefot,Mar 31 2009 on  09:32 AM
I am very sorry to hear about you loss, Aaron! :(
I hope you're feeling better than this morning, and that the worse sorrow has passed you. Take care, and you have my best wishes.
Gustav, thank you...

Nick; no, we can't change it... You're right... How precious is life... Yet sadly, the good times... They just weren't many.... Kinda like with my dad. Not to bring him up here, but I haven't had a lot of time with him either in my life... Oh well, I guess that's how it goes...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hold on to what good times you did have.. you'll remember them more clearly as time passes and the stories are told and retold..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
My condolences to you Aaron.
It is a sad thing we often tend to realize how precious a life is and how much a person means to us when the person is gone :(
Everyone ought to think of the important things to say and questions to ask their grandparents as it really, really hurts if, after the passing away of a beloved person one realizes how much was left unsaid or unasked :cry

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 31 2009 on  09:55 AM
It is a sad thing we often tend to realize how precious a life is and how much a person means to us when the person is gone :(
Everyone ought to think of the important things to say and questions to ask their grandparents as it really, really hurts if, after the passing away of a beloved person one realizes how much was left unsaid or unasked :cry
Wise words, Malte... Wise words... There was not a lot we really did, sadly, me and him... We barely knew each other, except from stories I've heard...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 31 2009 on  07:55 PM
I have that these days when I feel like asking my grandpa on history subjects... Since he experienced the second world war himself he always told stories and explained stuff to me as a kid. I usually feel like asking him something, then I realize I can't. Yea, that's quite a pain sometimes.

And well aaron, even if you didnt know your grandfather too well, I'm sure you somehow had a bond with him.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Mar 31 2009 on  10:17 AM
And well aaron, even if you didnt know your grandfather too well, I'm sure you somehow had a bond with him.
...I wish I could say it was more than just "I love you..." But I can't. We never did anything together, directly. Saw him maybe, five, six times in my life? Yeah, that hurts...

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I'm sorry about your loss, but you may remember that a person is only truly dead when we forget them. So he will be with you as long as you remember the times you spent with him and the things he taught you.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chiletrek,Mar 31 2009 on  10:52 AM
Hello:
 I'm sorry about your loss, but you may remember that a person is only truly dead when we forget them. So he will be with you as long as you remember the times you spent with him and the things he taught you.
Which, though wasn't much to me directly, I can get it second-hand through others. It's just reality. Things happen. I learned more about him from my mom and aunt than himself directly. But yes, his memory will live on. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is hardest on those left behind.  Often one can find help in making it through the hardest times being with or talking to close family members and or close friends.