The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Behind the scenes

Myrkin · 42 · 3835

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My idea for a RP is simple "What if Littlefoot and other LBT characters were for real living in our world and they were working as actors to make the movies and series we know?" In this RP players would play as LBT characters in the GV and MB (which would be a kind of big movie studio), who are trying to make the second season of the series. What you say about that idea?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There would have been so many Bloopers :lol .   This a Great Idea!  Why should we start?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do you want a list of characters & Who is playing who & which characters are open for players to rp as?  

I guess it's fc's only?    or can oc's be allowed? Or only oc's who could be extras as some background dinos seen but not named who may have lines in the movie, tv series?

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes. List of characters would be good. I want you to play mainly LBT characters that we know from movies and series. OC characters will be allowed, but if you want them to interact with the gang (or any other LBT individual) in "episode" plot more than being a background dino, then you will have to just remember about one thing. What is this thing? Let my show you an example. If in the first season (or the movies) Littlefoot has never met a girl longneck called Plo, then a player leading this character cannot write that she knew Littlefoot since hathing and they are in love with each other. Do you see what I mean?

When your "actors" are playing their role in episode, then just dont write anything that is contradictory with anything that happened before in LBT. Outside of the second season plot (which begins immiedietly after last episode of season one), or in other words behind the scenes, your "actor" can behave as you see fit.

So... Long explenation short: you can play as any LBT character that showed in the movies or series (and is still alive), some humans that are the filming staff (there wont be too many of them) and oc characters.

And we will start when enough people will choose their characters to play, Neogen.

If you have more questions, then, please, dont hasitate to ask them. ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Do you think we should start choosing characters?  I know I definitely want Cera, and I'd like to choose one or two others, but I haven't decided who yet.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sure no problem.  By the way Myrkin I know you want to the veteran (original) Characters but would it be ok to use any of your Fan-Fic Characters?

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, Raga, but there is no rush with it.

Sure no problem. By the way Myrkin I know you want to the veteran (original) Characters but would it be ok to use any of your Fan-Fic Characters?

If you want to use characters you created, then it will be fine as long you will play them in the way i explained above. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Will the dino characters be from modern day or from the past with the filming crew traveling into the past somehow?

I guess the great valley is a set in the movies & series?

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
They will be from modern day world. It will be almost like in the movie "Who framed Roger Rabbit", but our characters will rather live in GV for most of the time than outside of it, so they will be calling it also a home and not only "work place".

Yes. As I said Great Valley and Mysterious Beyond will be one big "studio" where all events we know from movies and series happened (or in other words the scenes of these events were shot there).

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OK so let me get this straight.  For my fan character is Tritops who so happens to be Cera's big brother but since Cera never had an older Sibling than tritops should not be related to Her?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds sort of like the our gang comedy shorts that were made from the 1920's to the 1940's.  The shorts were shot in a studio or around some city called Culver city, or some spelling near to that.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That is correct, NeoGen.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here is a list of characters:

Littlefoot: NeoGenesis005
Cera: raga
Ducky: Myrkin
Petrie: Kor
Spike: raga
Chomper: LBTFan13
Ruby: Myrkin
Grandma Longneck: The Great Valley Guardian
Grandpa Longneck: The Great Valley Guardian
Topsy:
Tria:
Tricia:
Ducky's Mom:
Petrie's Mom:
Pterano:
Shorty: brekclub85
Bron:
Doc:
Rhett: brekclub85
Ali: raga
Guido:
Hyp:
Mut:
Nod:
Mo:
Ozzy:
Strut:
Dil: brekclub85
Ichy: brekclub85
Rinkus:
Sierra:
Red Claw:
Screech:
Thud:
Chomper's Parents: brekclub85

OC:

Diver: Kor
Longtail: The Great Valley Guardian
Scarface: Nimrod

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quite a list of characters.  Are you going to do it with the movie characters like Ali, Doc,  & others have moved to the Great Valley, or are visiting some friends they made during the time they were shooting the movie (or episode in Rhett's case)?    Reminds me of the silly crossover post I did long ago in the insane crossover thread about the new gang of 7 saving the gang or 7.

I guess I could add in Diver since part of what gave me the idea for the oc is watching the LBT movies and episode where you see some of Ducky's siblings that look exactly like her, but never speak or get named.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I could see that character working Kor, you could make a whole situation where he (or she) wants more camera time and some lines.  Could start a good sub plot.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would like the gang members and main characters from series to be chosen first.

One more thing: while all "actors" can be present in GV for all the time, it doesnt mean they will be always recorded by camera (like in episode "Great egg adventure" where some gang members were absent).

Your character is good and I guess there is no reason you couldnt play him. :)

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dont you have any favourite character?