The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Please no!!!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You might have been going through a sad phase in your life when you had that dream..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well i suppose being treated like dirt and stuff like that at school for 3 years could have caused it
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There you go.. you weren't feeling good about yourself annd it spilled into your dreams
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I hope i don't have another dream like that because it was too graphic to post on GOF.......

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Oh, so it was a very graphic sort of dream... well tyhat is the nature of nightmnares.. they can be very vivid...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You don't have to be a certain age to like lbt, look at my greatly advanced age and I still like it.  Just give society the finger when it says you can't like something just because of your age or gender and like what you want.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You're not that old Kor :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know exactly how you feel. When I was twelve I had lost my passion for LBT since going into middle school meant leaving some of the more "childish" pleasures behind. However, one day I stumbled upon LBT VII on Cartoon Network, and for some reason it came back. I've never looked back since and I am so happy that I am a fan of LBT once again, because now I can relive my childhood.

I promise you are NOT losing your innocence or something like that. It's just a phase everybody goes through. It's all a part of growing up. You just have to deal with it in any way possible. Ok, any way which doesn't involve cutting yourself or other emo actions like that :blink: . You want my opinion, watch LBT II and LBT V, and then try and work your way through the rest of the movies. It worked for me, hopefully it can work for you ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,May 26 2009 on  07:35 PM
You're not that old Kor :)
I do feel old on here.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You're only as old as you feel.. Simetimes I feel old.. :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sometimes I feel like I already have lost my inner LBT fan. I haven't sat down and watched a LBT movie in, I'd say about 3 years. Well part of the reason for this is that there just really isn't much privacy in my house anymore. It would be difficult trying to get over an hour of spare time to myself, where nobody would know what I was doing.

Well anyway, I know that deep down, the movies still hold something special to me. It's a nostalgia thing, really. I remember all the great times I had watching the movies as a kid.

If you feel like you're losing your interest in it, maybe you're watching the movies a bit too much, and are just getting tired of them. And if you only watch the movies with Chomper in them, as you said, it would be very easy to get sick of them, as just two movies is not going to hold your interest for very long.

On another note, I ironically had a very sad dream when I was little about Littlefoot dieing. I don't think it was graphic, but I do remember waking up and feeling quite depressed.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Take a breather, then pop in a fw of the films.. thats what I would do..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It sounds like just a phase you're going through.  It's easy to get so caught up in trying to be seen as "normal" and fit in during adolescence that it consequently leads to not being true to yourself.  As far as your dream is concerned, I may know what it's about.

Littlefoot died, eh?  Dreaming of the death of someone who plays a significant role in your life suggests you're lacking a certain aspect or quality that the individual embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do ya like about him. It's that very quality that you're lacking in your own relationship or circumstance. Alternatively, it indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life.  Feeling sad in a dream suggests that ya need to learn from your disappointments and make yourself happy. Try not to dwell on the negative. The dream may be a reflection of how you're feeling in your waking life.  To dream that you're watching television represents your mind and its flowing thoughts. The dream reflects how you're receiving, integrating, and expressing your ideas and thoughts. The programs ya dream of watching is an objective view of the things that are in your mind.  To dream that you're on TV suggests that there is something that you want to broadcast to the whole world.  Ya have the desire to express yourself.  Alternatively, you're trying to take a more objective view on your life issues.  To dream that the television is broken or that the picture is fuzzy suggests that you're looking at a problem all wrong. Ya need to re-evaluate an issue.  To dream that you're in the living room represents the image that ya portray to others and the way which ya go about your life. It is representative of your basic beliefs about yourself and who ya are.

Hope this helps ya.  The only problem here is that I would need to know exactly how Littlefoot died in order to provide more details.  Gotta love my dream dictionary :D.  I've been into dream interpretation for three years now, and it's helped a great deal :yes.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Personally, I'm with Kor, if society tells you that you can't like something because of age/gender... give society a nice big "screw you!" in that case.

But taking a break could help reignite the desire for LBT.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
To be honest metadude, as everyone else has already said, there isn't too much to worry about. Saturation (too much of anything) will eventually lead to tedium, boredom and lack of interest. Taking a break from LBT for a while will help you re-invest and rediscover what you found so loveable about LBT. It's like dusting off an old book or watching an old movie you haven't seen in ages. It's the nostalgia that keeps it in contact with you personally. As for the dreams, as vivid as they seem they're just dreams after all. They're normally a reflection of what you've experienced or thought about during the day. They're only as real as you make them. Still, as with anything, take a break and come back after a while. You'll find that spark again. We all go through a phase like this so don't feel you're alone on the subject matey ;)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
I'd have to agree with everyone on this issue. ;) I'm personally a fan of all the movies and the TV series equally, but I haven't had any sort of desire to watch any of the movies for at least a year now, only having seen a few TV series episodes here and there. :p I think I really overdid it in 2007. :p Then 2008 came, and my life went through some major changes. Since those changes, I haven't watched any of the movies, as my life is still starting over, foreign to the ways which I once knew, but indeed, only for the better. :) I'm certain that the conditions will come about in which I'll want to watch the movies again. :p My family knows I'm into LBT, and that's fine with them. I have my LBT plushies on display on my record console, like always. :) Don't fret dude, just take a break. ;) Eventually, your interest will be resparked. :) All it takes is time...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the help guys. My family knows i watch lbt too but my dad is awkward around me when i watch it. He says i should grow up and be a man, i just say to him that it's my life and no one can choose it for me.

I have had some bad experiences in my life that led up to the bad dream. Firstly within a few weeks of each othe two of my pet rats died from two different causes. one from liver cancer and the other from a tumor that was half its size.

and not long after that my uncle died......

plus i nver dream ever, when i do its either sad and depressing or its a dream that i get once every 5 years

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I'm sorry to hear it. Really. My grandmother, great-aunt, and uncle all died within a period of 15 months. It is really sad. I am sorry for your loss.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
thanks dude,
i also feel sorry for your loss

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
It is okay. They were very sick. I'm sorry to see them go...