The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

In the land before time

Amaranthine · 2536 · 165410

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Smiling, Sparky looked up at the flying little reptile on her head, plenty amused by the clumsy landing, but not really minding him being there at all. In fact, she liked it as it reminded her of her pets back home. "Yuppers! Ozzy's in my Top 5 Favorite LBT-ers! Currently #4 at the moment!"

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Really?" Daniel asked not bothering to right himself and stayed in the laying position on his back. "If you don't mind could you tell me that top five list of yours, I really like to know that kinda stuff" he said with a smile.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Von heard the roars that Chomper made, and tried to recreate them as best he could

"Halo, mi nam is... Helo my nam is...Hello, my name is..."

It took him a few tries to get it right. "Whats next, Chomper?"
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Jasper wanted to encourage Von and he said to him, "Your doing alright Von. Keep up the good work."

Jasper then sat down on the ground as he was tired of standing around for such a long period of time.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
A sense of happiness and relief filled Rob as Cyrix apologized to him. Here he thought he was never going to be able to convince Cyrix that Rob knew about Longtail, but now the rainbowface seemed to understand where he was coming from. However, when Cyrix claimed Rob to be wiser than him, it made him feel kind of uncomfortable. "Cyrix, I could never be wiser than you. You have so much wisdom within you, some that a human like me would kill for. I simply just look up to you as Zaine does for guidance. You don't know it, but you've inspired me a lot recently." Before he could continue, he noticed that Longtail had gone on the offense against Rick, and it didn't look good. "Longtail, stop!" he yelled out.

Zaine did not waste any time to act. Before he realized what he was about to do, he had already started charging and body slammed into Longtail, forcing him off of Rick. "That's enough Longtail! You've gone too far this time!"

Rob was shocked with Zaine's actions, but he knew that it was only going to get worse now. Not taking any chances, he rushed over and pulled Rick aside. "I gotcha Rick," he assured, then turning to Cyrix. "We have to force Longtail to calm down somehow before he goes on a rampage! You and I both know what he'll do to the Great Valley if he isn't stopped!"

Littlefoot wanted to stay out of the conflict, but he couldn't leave Rob and Zaine to face Longtail on their own. If there was any way to calm him down, the longneck had to think of it and fast. "There's got to be something we can do." He tried calling out Longtail's name, hoping he could break through to him. "Longtail, snap out of it! Don't do something that you'll regret later!"

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix was shocked when he saw what was happening. He stepped ahead of Rob, Littlefoot and Zaine, as he stared Longtail in the eyes. "Everyone step back. This won't be much of a fight."

Rick knowing what Cyrix intended to do, placed his tail inbetween Rob, Littlefoot, Zaine and Cyrix. Still in a great deal of pain from his wounds to his neck Rick nonetheless inched his face forward so he could speak with the trio. "Listen guys. This is important. I'm going to give you all the short, fast version of why what Zaine said made Longtail snap. It turns out the day you two met Zaine, Longtail was in a bad place in his heart, and he wasn't sure if he could trust himself to continue living let alone anyone around him. He... was close to killing himself when he met you Zaine, and you saved him... in more ways than one. So Longtail doesn't see you as just a friend or even a brother, but his savior. And to see you stand against him when you are the only one he can rely on... broke his heart."

Longtail gave a mixed cry of anguish and rage as he charged at his adoptive uncle fully intent on removing Cyrix as a threat.

Cyrix however knew what he had to do and with his first movement lashed out with his tail smacking Longtail in the belly sending the flyer backwards rolling end over end until he stopped where his initial charge had started from. He then stepped over to Longtail using his foot held his adoptive nephew in place.

The two combatants locked eyes with each other and for the longest moment of their lives both Longtail and Cyrix seemed to understand, truly what the other was going through in their hearts. Cyrix at that moment reached forward and gently placed a hand on Longtail's chest and slowly whispered to his nephew, "Your life... and feelings are always important to me... and I don't blame you for being mad at me, just know that I'll be here... when you need me."

As Cyrix stepped back and took his hand off his nephew, Longtail lashed out with his tail, catching Cyrix in the face, and jumped up as he replied, "Then it's a good thing I will NEVER need any of you traitors ever again!!!" the young flyer then flapped his wings and took to the sky intent on putting as much distance as he could between those in the clearing.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nana was listening to their conversation and noticed she hadn't said anything in a while, but she personally didn't care, she didn't think she needed to make up for her lack of chatty-ness, but she joined the conversation anyway. "Yeah, me too.  I'd like to hear your five-favourite-characters-list too," she said.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sparky looked at both the fun Flyer on her head and the fun Longneck standing by her. She didn't expect there would be such interest in her Top Five. But she was more than happy to share:

"#1 is always gonna be Sierra. Currently, #2 are those Domeheads from the first movie, #3 is Thud, #4 is of course Ozzy. And #5 be the Plated Sharptooth from LBT 5."

Beaming she then asked, "How bout you guys?"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine knew how much he meant to Longtail, but at the same time it hurt him listening to Rick's words. "If anything, he saved me," the longneck muttered under his breath. When Longtail broke free from his uncle and proceeded to fly away, Zaine thought of another crazy idea, one that he didn't think of until that point. He rushed towards Longtail, and as the flyer began his flight Zaine called out to him, "What would your mother think of you if she saw you like this?"

Littlefoot gasped a bit, as he knew that Longtail's mother was a sore subject for the flyer. "I can't believe Zaine brought her up," he whispered in slight fear. He rushed over to Rob, Cyrix, and Rick. "Rob, I think this is going to get really ugly really quickly."

"I think so too," Rob agreed. "Longtail doesn't like his mother being brought up, especially in such a manner as that. I hope Zaine knows what he's doing." Fortunately, in the back of his mind, Rob had ever faith in Zaine. It would be hard for him not to, since he did create Zaine after all.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nana thought hard at the question, but she came up with an answer. "Well, Littlefoot's at the top, then Chomper, then Cera, then Ozzy, and then Strut," she answered.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Daniel looked at the sky as he thought. "Let's see, first is Pterano that's for sure, second is the Spinosaurus from the 11th movie I think it is just because Spino's my favorite dinosaur, third is Sharptooth himself, forth is the same plated sharptooth your talking about and fifth is Screech"

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
“Umm…I don’t feel comfortable with choosing favorites myself,” Pangaea said shyly, “especially since we’re meeting these guys for real; I don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings or anything by implying I don’t like them as much as someone else.”

“Wait, wait, hold on a minute here!” a perplexed-looking Guido interjected, waving his hands. “I know that where you guys come from, you’ve seen our whole world and everybody in it as…like…a story in pictures or something; Pangaea already explained that to me.”

He glanced from Nana to Daniel to Sparky. “And out of all the dinosaurs you’ve seen, the sharpteeth are some of the ones you like the best? The ones that would try to eat you if you met them? What’s up with that?”

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nana thought about that question for a bit. Why did she like Sharpteeth? "Well, Guido...I can't really answer that. I guess it's all about perspective and how you look at things. I mean, we've never really been in any real danger from them, so I guess we really don't have a reason to hate them, and besides, different people like different things, I guess," Nana shrugged.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Well they can't hurt us from inside a TV or computer screen, plus you have to admit when your not scared for your life sharpteeth are pretty cool with all the roaring and the claws and everything" Daniel said getting to his feet and emphasized his point by doing actions similar to what Petrie did when he was telling Pterano how much of a brave adventurer he was.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sparky chuckled at Daniel's impression of Petrie. "Easy there, tough guy."

She looked back to Guido. "Exactly what they said. Since we never really had a bad experience with them, we have no reason to fear them. Personally, I have a special liking for carnivores and the general 'bad guys', and in most cases the 'bad guy' is a sharptooth." She paused for a moment before adding, "Though if Thud or the magical liopleurodon or something attacked me, I would still love 'em. In fact, I'd probably love them even more if they did try to eat me!"

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
(OOC: The RP is officially open again with me as the new GM. I will be playing Rat_lady7’s dinosona just long enough to take her “out of view” of the RP. For more info, please refer to the discussion thread.)

Amy sighed in resignation as Anna, Ducky, and Cera apparently failed to hear or notice her. Feeling hungry, she decided to move on, heading in the direction of the Thundering Falls.

--------------------------------------------------

Moving in the direction of Screech’s voice, Red Claw made his way over to the body of the leafeater the two fast biters were eating from. Thud stepped aside as the huge sharptooth approached, still limping slightly from the injury he had received last night. Screech, however, couldn’t be bothered as he continued to aggressively tear meat from the carcass.

Though Thud didn’t see and Screech didn’t look, Red Claw’s face was contorted with rage. Even with an army of fast biters at his side, he had lost to a bunch of leafeaters, and failed even to grab a bite of the flyer that had ruined his eyes.

Like Screech, Red Claw took out his anger on the dead dinosaur in front of him. Lunging forward with jaws agape, he tore a massive chunk of flesh from its side, throwing back his enormous head and swallowing it whole. Opening his jaws even wider, he took a second bite, this time shaking his head violently from side to side before gulping it down. As he ate, Red Claw imagined the sounds of flesh tearing and bones crunching accompanied by the screams of pain and terror of the dinosaurs who had wounded and humiliated him. He swore to himself that, whatever it took, he would make this fantasy real soon enough.

Guido looked even more bewildered after hearing Nana, Daniel, and especially Sparky’s explanations of why they liked sharpteeth.

He turned to Pangaea and whispered, “Seriously, did she jump off a cliff when she first got here, too? And land on her head?”

“Uh, no,” Pangaea said, “she's always been like that, as far as I know.” I guess now probably wouldn’t be the best time to mention that sharpteeth are some of my favorite dinosaurs, too, he thought humorously.

“There, Strut!” Ozzy said, pointing. “Do you see what I see?”

“Um, a tall, treacherous cliff?” Strut asked.

“No, Mulch Mouth! Breakfast!” Ozzy and Strut had come to the edge of the forest, where a rugged, rocky bluff rose up before them. On an outcrop about twenty or thirty feet above their heads was a flyer’s nest full of eggs, with no parent in sight.

“All we have to do is climb it,” Ozzy said, rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

“Oh no, not me!” Strut protested. “You can have all the eggs; I’m staying down here.”

“Well, if you’re going to be that way…” Ozzy grumbled, “at least give me a boost up.” He shoved Strut forward to the base of the cliff.

“Huh?” Strut said, confused. “What areóOOF!” He staggered as Ozzy stepped onto his back.

“Hold still!” Ozzy scolded. “I need to reach this first handhold…” He reached for a large rock protruding from the side of the cliff.

“I didn’t know you were so heavy!” Strut complained. Straining beneath Ozzy’s weight, he began teetering from side to side.

“I said, hold still!” Ozzy hollered.

“I can’t help it,” Strut moaned …I think I ate too much of that fruit; I’m feeling dizzy.”

“You were hatched dizzy!” Ozzy snapped. “Now don’t move! I’ve almost got it…” He stretched for the rock, but it was just out of his reach.

“Shells!” Ozzy cursed. “I need to get higher…”

“How are you going toóOW!” Strut was cut off again as Ozzy moved one foot onto his head.

“Almost got it…” Ozzy said. “Just keep your head steady…”

Reaching once more for the rock, Ozzy finally grasped it. He planted one foot against the wall and pushed off from Strut’s head with the other (a distinctly uncomfortable experience for the other egg stealer, who collapsed dazedly to the ground afterwards). This gave him enough of a boost to grab the rock with both hands, allowing him to pull himself further up the cliff.

“I made it!” Ozzy shouted triumphantly. He glanced back down the cliff. “You see, Strut? That’s why we stick together: teamwork!”

“Right…” Strut muttered weakly.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail against everything he'd ever done while flying, he turned his neck and in response his body twisted almost in a complete 180 degrees and as he struck out towards Zaine he screamed "YOU LEAVE MY MOTHER OUT OF THIS!!!"

Rick looked up and he'd thought it was impossible for any creature to pull off without harming themselves, but lo and behold as he listened to Zaine mention Longtail's mother he watched almost transfixed as Longtail pulled an complete U-turn in mid-air. Rick then sighed heavily as he turned his body sideways and brought his tail down through the air connecting directly with Longtail's face. "Right between the eyes." commented Rick with a smile.

Cyrix rushed forward and immediately checked on his nephew.
"He's unconscious but alive." he said with concern and then turned to Rick and asked, "How did you know to hit him right there?"

Rick rolled his eyes, momentarily ignoring Cyrix's question and lowered his neck to face Zaine as he asked with a serious tone, "You just won't be happy until Longtail is breathing fire will you?"

~~~

Grandma Longneck had finished eating her fill of food, and was simply walking around the valley enjoying the beauty that never seemed to fade from their home. However she noticed a very familiar sound followed by an even more familiar voice. "Oh dear... I wonder who had the idea to make Longtail angry this early in the morning." she commented to herself as she began to walk towards what she hoped was simply a misunderstanding.

~~~

Spike sat down next to Ducky and sighed. He hated seeing his friends in any kind of pain... even if it was self inflicted. However he continued to stay silent and simply watch and wait to see what would happen.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine glared at Rick. "Excuse me for saving your tail just now! Maybe I should have let him kill you instead!" He didn't want to be like this, but he was tired of watching Longtail suffer with this dark side. He wanted to do everything he could for Longtail, and yet nothing was getting done about it. He hated it, and he hated how nobody was helping.

"Zaine, stop it!" Rob yelled. He was overall shocked that Zaine was being so cruel right now, something he never expected. "This isn't helping the situation at all!"

"Oh I'm sorry!" Zaine yelled back. "I didn't know you were in charge of the situation! You ask me you did a terrible job of keeping things from getting out of control!"

"That's not what I meant," Rob replied. "I know how angry you are about Longtail, but-"

"What did you just say?" Zaine was filled with an uncontrollable rage, one he had never experienced before, and he was letting Rob have it all. "Did you just say you know how I feel? How dare you? How could you possibly know exactly how I feel?"

"I created you!" Rob answered. "Your feelings and emotions are based off my own!"

"I DON'T CARE THAT YOU CREATED ME!" Zaine now screaming with hatred. "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT ME OR MY FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" Rob couldn't come up with a response. He was too shocked to even open his mouth. Zaine realized this, and he kept going on. "You don't know what it's like for me to watch him endure his pain. You don't know what it's like for me to watch him turn on his family and friends! You have no idea what it's like for me to watch him suffer every waking moment of his life!"

"Zaine," Rob tried to reply, but Zaine shook his head.

"I hate you! Get away from me! Leave me and my friends alone!"

"Zaine, listen to me," Rob pleaded, but Zaine lunged towards him and body slammed him.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF THE GREAT VALLEY!" Zaine had never screamed louder before in his life, and he never thought it would happen until today.

Rob stumbled back and regained himself. He couldn't open his mouth. He couldn't even move. He stood still, frozen, in complete shock that his own character attacked him with such rage. After not saying anything, Rob closed his eyes and bowed his head. "Fine." With that, Rob turned around and started walking away. He didn't turn around once, not noticing that Zaine had stormed off in the opposite direction. He didn't even notice Littlefoot calling out to him.

"Rob!" Littlefoot called out. "Rob! Wait! Come back!" Unfortunately, the once human now fast biter had disappeared from sight. Tears began to roll from Littlefoot's eyes. "Rob," he whispered in sadness. He couldn't believe everything that had happened, but the worst part was that it had all happened so fast. Heartbroken, Littlefoot left the area as well, heading back to his nest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Threehorn was heading towards the area to find out what the commotion was. He had heard several screams and yells, like a battle was occurring, but he didn't know exactly who was involved. Whomever they were, he was going to have a few words for them. Along the way, he noticed one lonely fast biter walking in the direction of the Mysterious Beyond. "He must be the newcomer that was bitten," he said to himself. As much as he didn't want to get himself involved, he felt like he had to do something. "What would Tria do," he asked himself. Groaning, he started to follow the fast biter.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Who was that?" Anna asked out loud, having been alerted by the two male voices nearby.

"Who was what?" Ducky asked.

"I dunno.  Stay put," Anna said before she stretched to make herself taller and glanced around her surroundings.  She saw what looked like a large fastbiter and a fastrunner, and it sounded like arguing to her.

"Nah, nobody I know.  Two dinosaurs havin' an argument I guess.  Whatever it is, I ain't gettin' involved," Anna said as she resumed her normal stance.  At the same time, Ducky and Spike's mother returned with a handful of reddish-colored flowers.

"Here you go, little one.  Let's see if this helps," Mrs. Swimmer said as she gently set the flowers down in front of Cera.

"I hope so," Cera spoke up before she began to eat the flowers.  Tricia simply watched her older sister, mostly out of concern.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Rick was shocked at how quickly the situation here had dissolved. He looked down at Cyrix and asked, "W-what just happened?!"

Cyrix for his part was stunned as well. "Zaine.... has never spoken out to anyone like that... but to do so... to his creator..." Cyrix stopped talking and for the first time in a long time he had an utter look of confusion on his face as he turned to Rick and asked, "What do we do now?"

Rick only thought about his answer for a second, as he replied, "Cyrix... you go and calm down Littlefoot. I'll talk to Zaine."

Cyrix blinked and asked, "What of Longtail?"

Rick looked down and noticed with a look of bewilderment as he realized "Longtail's gone!"

~~~~

Grandma Longneck stopped walking after the sounds of fighting had died off. "Well I guess the problem took care of itself I do hope." she said aloud to herself as she turned to walk back to her mate.

~~~~

Longtail had taken the moment of distraction from Zaine and Robs outburst to sneak away and at this moment was following Rob with a cross of fear and confusion on his face. He slowly landed next to Rob and simply walked quietly alongside him, not wanting to break him out of his thoughts.

Rick having returned to his human form quickly caught up to Zaine and stepped in front of him. "You don't have to say anything Zaine... just listen. I know it isn't easy to see Longtail suffer so much, especially after what you two have been through. But try to understand... if I hadn't steeped in, he would have KILLED you. I could not let that happen, and Longtail is tough, he's survived worse than a few hits from me. Now what seems to be your problem with Rob?"

Cyrix knew where Littlefoots nest was and happened to be waiting for the young longneck.