The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Taking Windows 7 for a Test Run

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, it was about time to format my school laptop again.  I remember how long my battery lasted with the Beta of Windows 7.  My school laptop battery is getting pretty bad.  It only lasts 2 hours or so before it completely dies.  I decided to install Windows 7.  I was pretty disappointed that it didn't last any longer like it did in the Beta.  I must admit however, that the OS seems a LOT more complete than it did during the Beta.  It probably wasn't a smart idea to put 7 on there since I do a lot of Java programming for my AP programming class at school, but I haven't had any problems so far.  

I can now say though that I HATE the new taskbar.  Having a huge icon is pretty useless.  It sucks having to hover over everything to see what it is.  You can change it to display like older versions of Windows, but the sucker is just too fat and doesn't look right! :anger I like how fast and stable it is, but as soon as I get the chance, I'm getting the Vista taskbar into Windows 7.  

As for networking, it actually wasn't as bad as I thought.  It still worked pretty well with my existing network.  Will I be upgrading to Windows 7 anytime soon?  Probably not.  Vista does the job fine for me and I really don't have the money to be spending $150 a computer to put Windows on 'em.  The one I have on my laptop now is pirated but nothing has been done to it except bypass the activation.  It's going to be quite awhile before I have Windows 7 on all my main machines.  

Oh, and I just wanted to say that I'm impressed with the driver support.  Good work with that MS! :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ Now that was funny! :p  Oh wait a sec....that reminds me too  much of my computer running the classic theme... :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A funny article, thanks for sharing the link here.